Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

syscall girl posted:

Ask me about all the Jonny Cash vinyl I saved from a dumpster behind my apartment.

So I hear your saved a bunch of Johnny Cash albums from the dumpster, what's the story with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Starbucks is gross, don't go there.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Why do gymnasts go \o/ at the end of their routines or whatever?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

1 800 J JAMES posted:

Trying to remember the name of a cartoon, American toy-selling era, say 1982, where there were 4 or 5 robots. Possibly they were named after rocks, or at least there was one burly Thing-like punch robot. The others were probably humanish looking team-standards: leader/nerd/comedy relief and a girl(the pink one).

Sounds very much like The Mighty Or-Bots.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRk_j0eFJGo

ee: This show was my jam when I was 6, but goddamn it has not stood the test of time.

stubblyhead fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Aug 13, 2016

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Sure you can. They might say no, but they can't prevent you from asking.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Sorry you are going through this. My grandfather had Alzheimer's, and i barely remember him before he got sick. I have aunts on both sides that are in a bad way, though fortunately my parents are both more or less with it still. Have you looked over on The Goon Doctor? I don't know if geriatric issues come up all that often there, but there are a few real live doctors that post and who may be able to give you some guidance.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
I used to have a Kershaw knife that I was very happy with, but sadly lost a long time ago. I don't recall exact measurements, but it was pretty slim as memory serves. I think I paid around $50 for it in 2004 or thereabouts.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Is this a famous person I don't recognize, or is it just some random person on a button?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Lawnie posted:

a 2001 blue Chrysler Sebring convertible :cool:

What's it like being a 55 year old man trapped in a teenager's body?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Why can't Donald Duck fly?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Please don't invite me to dinner at your house.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
It sounds a lot like Hedwig's Theme from the Harry Potter movies, which is probably what they wanted but also didn't want to get their video taken down.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Shouldn't go up at all. Your light switch is just an open circuit that you close when you want electricity to happen. If there's no bulb then there's still an open circuit, just somewhere else on the line.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Check Ghostery too if you use it. All kinds of stuff breaks if you're too overzealous with the filtering.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Here's an old and pretty racist cartoon from a hundred and some years ago:

Why do they all have peglegs? What's the connection to Swiss Family Robinson?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Memento posted:

Maybe cross post to the political cartoons thread in DnD and ask there? There are some posters there that discuss historical stuff regularly.

Good call, thanks!

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
There was a short film adaptation made in the 40s or 50s as well.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
F3 definitely works in chrome. Can't confirm since I'm phone posting, but I think shift-F3 will go backwards.

e: Yep shift-f3 will go to previous results. And speaking of keyboard shortcuts in chrome--in a recent release they decided to no longer allow backspace as a shortcut for going to the previous page like pretty much every browser for the last 20 years or so. Is it possible to turn that back on?

stubblyhead fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 21, 2016

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Sometimes it is very convenient for your game to crash when you alt-tab to another window.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Mister Kingdom posted:

Looking for an episode of an 80s anthology show. In it, a woman is brutally attacked. Her husband picks her up from the hospital and on the way home, spots the guy who attacked her. Her husband chases him into an alley and kills him.

Continuing on the way home, she spots another guy and says he's the one who attacked. And then another one. It's then that he realizes she's snapped and he's killed an innocent man.

I'm pretty sure it was not The New Twilight Zone.

I totally remember this as well, I thought it was New Twilight Zone, though. It might have been Tales from the Darkside, but their stories were usually more supernatural than psychological.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

kedo posted:

Also, I've been reading a lot of Jack London lately because I feel trapped in a city and I find his descriptions of wild places soothing. I've read most of his popular works, can anyone suggest some other authors to look at? I'm open to books and authors of any age, though I tend to lean towards somewhat older fiction (60s or earlier ).

Larry McMurtry writes a good western, Lonesome Dove even won a Pulitzer.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Seashell Salesman posted:

Apparently it's one specific channel (FXX). I'd be happy to pay for that channel and not have any physical hook up, presumably that wouldn't violate any licensing agreements. Is this possible?

Nope. A la carte channel picking is not a thing and likely never will be.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Has Batman ever worked together with the Penguin or any of the other major nemeses against some common foe?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
To be fair though the Ghostbusters cartoon was awesome, and I pity kids today for having to suffer through such lovely ones instead.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

johnny sack posted:

If i sell a mutual fund from my Roth IRA that I purchased this year, can I reallocate that money to another fund to replace the sold portion as this year's contribution?

IE I have contributed already $3k of my $5500 to Fund A. Fund A < Fund B. I want to sell that Fund A $3k and buy a full $5500 in Fund B.

Is this allowed?

As long as it stays in a Roth IRA you can invest in any kind of fund your brokerage has. Keep in mind that your total contributions for the year are what matters, not the year end balance where the yearly limit is concerned. Call your brokerage, they can help you get your poo poo in the right place.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
It sounds like a candle diffuser. You can just put some water in the reservoir with a few drops of essential oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Organza Quiz posted:

Are you guessing that or do you know for sure? I just listened and I can't imagine a text-to-speech program managing to get intonation that correct, but maybe I'm just behind the times.

Are you an actual human being, or just a Markov chain posting bot?