Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.

actionjackson posted:

what would 2 tablespoons a loaf work out to in terms of grams per slice?

alnilam posted:

A quick Google says a tbsp of sugar is about 12g

If you imagine a homemade loaf being cut into about a dozen slices, at 2 tbsp of sugar per loaf (which to me sounds on the high end) we're still only looking at 2 g per slice

e: I wonder how much of that sugar is even left after fermentation :thunk:

Was just about to write the same thing. Just for interest's sake I did look up the nutrition info for a few types of bread: Wonderbread contains 5g of sugar per two slices, the Canadian Rye bread that I ate before being diagnosed Celiac has 1g of sugar for 2 slices and the gluten free bread I eat now has 3g per 2 slices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.

DildenAnders posted:

Anything I should know before I use my Steam Deck for the first time?

If you hold down the "Steam" button it will show you a list of all the "Steam + [other button]" hotkeys.

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

Green tea ice cream is good so it only makes sense that adding sugar and cream to green tea is as well

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

When I'm stirring jam into my yogurt in the morning, every time the spoon hits the bowl I can feel a twitch in my left ear, like my eardrum flinched or something. What's up with that?

There's a muscle in your middle ear called the tensor tympani that reacts to loud sounds to reduce possible hearing damage which tenses the eardrum, so it really is your eardrum flinching. The spoon hitting the bowl could be causing that reaction even if isn't actually particularly loud.

XenoCrab
Mar 30, 2012

I have a 1000W Jackery. It works great and seems well made (it's fallen 2-3 feet onto the ground more than once). It was also pretty expensive, but I think it was money well spent (ie, not worrying about how likely it is to explode or catch fire).