Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but to those who see it coming and jump aside.
I have a couple friends of friends who gave birth to a kid a little over a year ago. They didn't have it in a hospital so there's no birth certificate, and no social security number. How does one even go about obtaining those things at this point? I'm more curious than asking for them, as you can imagine they are terrible parents and probably wouldn't do it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but to those who see it coming and jump aside.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Did they get the kid baptized in their church or something? That can be used to get started. Otherwise, they should just talk to social security straight up.

They don't go to church. They aren't even officially married, and they're separated now. I guess if two American people show up at SSA and say "this is our kid", that's enough to get him a social security number?

RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

FCKGW posted:

Yes, but you get used to it after a few days and most people like it.

The gently caress? I know maybe one person who "likes" it, and by likes it I mean doesn't know any better.

RaoulDuke12
Nov 9, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

I apparently used an email address ending in "@a**.**********.***" that is connected to an account of mine; are there any common email domains that end this way, assuming the character count is accurate?

I had an email address in college that was something like name@eden.webster.edu. Hopefully it's a college email and thus kickstarts your brain, otherwise I have no idea.