Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Eyeball posted:

I have some action figures that I got from my brother when he was going through a simplification phase. I want to sell them on ebay or SA mart or something, but I have no idea what the gently caress they are. What would be the best subforum to ask in? I think they might be anime action figures, but it's hard to tell.

You could maybe try the BSS Action Figure Thread. Obviously, it's probably focused on comic book action figures, but they might have some information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Eyeball posted:

At US/Canada border crossings, do they ever check to see if you have proof of insurance?

Never happened in my experience, and I can't think of any reason they would check that.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Mister Roboto posted:

Oh, thanks guys. But...I had it before, and now it's gone. I never had plat, either. That's weird, they must've just randomly taken it away?

That's really weird because I don't have plat and I do have the Rap Sheet link.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

JackRabbitStorm posted:

My google-fu is failing me... whats the website that will help you find items to get up to the 25.00 needed for amazons super saver shipping?

http://www.filleritem.com/

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Magikoopa189 posted:

Biology related question!

What's the closest thing related to humans AFTER all primates?

Some quick Googling led me here: http://sciencematters.berkeley.edu/archives/volume4/issue32/story3.php

The closer the animals are in the diagram, the more DNA they have in common. So to answer your question, probably some kind of rodent.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Besesoth posted:

If she intends to do it legally (i.e. be a medical-marijuana supplier), she needs to be aware of the hundreds of hoops she'll need to jump through in order to stay on the right side of the law. Violations of the legal-marijuana regulations lead to fines way larger than the profit she'll be making. I just saw something on the absurdity of the regulations surrounding medical marijuana; if I can remember where I'll edit the link in.

Was it from this Cracked article?
http://www.cracked.com/article_19609_5-horrible-things-nobody-tells-you-about-legally-growing-pot.html

Black Noise posted:

what do you call the + shaped tool for tightening and loosening the bolts on a tire

Spider-type lug wrench.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Skunkrocker posted:

Is there a thread about being an Uber driver and the like? I don't have search capability on my phone and don't want to start a new thread if all of my questions have already been answered.

There's a thread in BFC for this.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3653178

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Jewel Repetition posted:

Has a non-white person ever held a WWE/WWF/WCW/TNA title belt?

Ron Simmons and Booker T were both WCW champions.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

Question about house buying. I could only find the apartment thread so if their is a better spot to post this let me know. Anyway, in August last year we made an offer and it was excepted pending inspection. Inspection relieved the septic system is the original from 54' and is way out of code. I ask for a new one and they agree with it.

Quick back story for the home is its owned buy a brother and sister who got the home in 2001 for $1 from their mother. The daughter lived their rent free as long as she kept the house nice. She got sick and was moved to a home and the house went up on market. The disclosure was pretty much "don't know anything about the home" as the son who didn't live their is selling it.

So closing date is set for the 30th of October and as it gets closer I notice little effort is put into getting the system in. I make calls and give them the contacts to have it done but nothing is done. I had paid for inspections and appraisal and had all my funds and loan set up as the 30th passes. We reschedule and still nothing we reschedule again and still nothing. It's December/January now and surprise they can't get the test needed due to the ground being to wet. Next date is set for Mid-March which passes with nothing happening. A new closing date is set for May 13th.

In this time all the inspections I paid for have expired and will have to be redone for the loan. Also we have had are home packed and ready to move out since October.

Last week we found another house. We go for a tour and it matches what we are looking for and is move in ready. My realtor talks to them and tells them the situation. We are ready to make an offer but since we are in contract need to wait till the 13th. In the meantime the realtor will inform ours if another offer comes in.

I just want to make an offer and start the process on closing on the new house. I'm willing to take a hit on the inspections but want my good faith money back. Am I screwed till the 13th when the contract expires again? (nothing has been done to the system for 9 months now) or is their a way out so we can move on?

There's a house buying thread in BFC, you could try asking there.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3131399

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Top middle in this image is Orgy - Candyass.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Loopoo posted:

Which is the best thread to go and ask computer related questions? My internet keeps breaking (I'm plugged in via ethernet) once or twice an hour and requires me to restart the PC to get it to work again. It gives me the god awful error of "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings" and then I'm stuck without internet until I restart.

It's been nonstop and is driving me insane. It used to only occur once or twice a week, but now it's happening every hour! Windows 10 is a pile of poo poo.

There's a whole subforum for that

http://forums.somethingawful.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=170

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

dupersaurus posted:

The things that make colds suck is your immune system while it's fighting the cold

If cold medicine just makes you stop coughing, sneezing, etc, but the coughing and sneezing is your body's way of fighting the cold, does taking cold medicine actually make the cold last longer?