Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KFJ
Nov 7, 2009

I saw this screenshot on Jalopnik today, and I was wondering what anime this is from? It looks pretty interesting, judging from a single frame, that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's from High School of the Dead. It aired over the summer, I more or less liked the comic, but tended to skip over the fanservicey bits. I just couldn't finish watching the show, I can deal with a bit of fanservice but this shows gigantic jello-like wobbly boobs just bugged the hell out of me.

Here's the ADTRW thread for it.

KFJ
Nov 7, 2009

a kitten posted:

It's from High School of the Dead. It aired over the summer, I more or less liked the comic, but tended to skip over the fanservicey bits. I just couldn't finish watching the show, I can deal with a bit of fanservice but this shows gigantic jello-like wobbly boobs just bugged the hell out of me.

Here's the ADTRW thread for it.

Ah, I thought I recognized the uniform, I watched parts of the first episode and basically decided it's not for me, ah, 'tis a shame, thanks, though!

Senor P.
Mar 27, 2006
I MUST TELL YOU HOW PEOPLE CARE ABOUT STUFF I DONT AND BE A COMPLETE CUNT ABOUT IT
This saves me from having to make a whole new thread...

I'm looking for a manga that's about a boy and his older bride living in mongolia or one of the *istans. (Maybe turkmenistan)

I was reading this at onemanga before it went down, for the life of me I cannot remember the name.

LadySage
Dec 26, 2005

AA: i am very much alive
AA: and i intend to stay that way :)

Senor P. posted:

I'm looking for a manga that's about a boy and his older bride living in mongolia or one of the *istans. (Maybe turkmenistan)

I was reading this at onemanga before it went down, for the life of me I cannot remember the name.

I believe you're talking about The Bride's Stories by Kaoru Mori, currently licensed but as-yet-unreleased by Yen Press

fengzee
Nov 4, 2009

Nereidum posted:

I'm pretty sure this is Sol Bianca: The Legacy. I think the Inferno bit may have just been in one episode, but I think I only saw the first two or three, so I could be wrong.

Thats it! Thanks!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Senor P. posted:

The title that appears on manga sites is "Otoyomegatari." The story at the moment is more about the Westerner guy.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Does anyone remember a manga about these guys who are sooooort of like grim reapers or something, but they show up in suits and they seem to have to seperate souls from bodies in a timely manner, or else some kind of crazy soul corruption sets in or something? Maybe they only show up to suicides? There was one guy in a suit and glasses and he had a younger partner, I think. Some of those details about the plot might be wrong, but they definitely showed up at people's houses outta nowhere to deal with something to do with death.

And one other, I think it might be a manhwa. It's about some old man who goes into a coma and wakes up in a huuuuuuge forest with a bunch of other guys in it, some of them slaves. There's also weird creatures in the forest. The old man has a beard and is really good at gardening.

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jan 10, 2011

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have no idea what it's about. I have no idea how old it is. I have no idea if it's good or bad. All I have is one picture.

But goddamn I know I watched this as a kid. It'd be super sweet if anyone could tell me what's the name.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

PotU posted:

I have no idea what it's about. I have no idea how old it is. I have no idea if it's good or bad. All I have is one picture.

But goddamn I know I watched this as a kid. It'd be super sweet if anyone could tell me what's the name.

Someone posted about this exact thing in some other thread (in Ask/Tell maybe?) like two weeks ago and someone in that thread even made a vector of it. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name off the top of my head, but if I scour my history or Ask/Tell I should be able to find it.

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!

PotU posted:

That is Chibi Maruko-chan, which is one of the most famous and most watched anime series to this day. When I say "most famous," I mean "is usually the first or second most watched anime in Japan" and that's still true today. It's one of those things like Sazae-san where far, far, far more people in Japan watch it than even super-popular stuff like One Piece. Not much interest in it outside of Japan, though.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Daryl Surat posted:

That is Chibi Maruko-chan

Thanks. Also apparently the thread was right here.

redux
Apr 23, 2008
Alright, I have been trying to help a friend look up this show he saw about 7 years ago in Taiwan and am coming up blank.

The show was about a boy who was born in a kitchen and raised in a kitchen, and sets off on an adventure about cooking.

I know it isn't a lot to go on but maybe someone knows about it.

LadySage
Dec 26, 2005

AA: i am very much alive
AA: and i intend to stay that way :)
This is a wild guess since I haven't seen it, but perhaps Cooking Master Boy?

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

InnesExhale posted:

There was this movie or OVA that aired on Saturday morning on Sci-Fi back when they had an Anime block years ago. I can only vaguely remember what the plot entailed. The earth's oceans dried up and it followed some people who were fighting (I think?) on those oceans with some sort of land battleship.

Now and Then, Here and There?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_and_Then,_Here_and_There

This was a very uncomfortable anime.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

burtonos posted:

Now and Then, Here and There?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_and_Then,_Here_and_There

This was a very uncomfortable anime.

Sounds more like he is talking about Green Legend Ran: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Legend_Ran

Raymondo Person
Jun 13, 2009

by Ozmaugh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aEmATUt2SY#t=4m47s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aEmATUt2SY#t=5m4s
Would really like to know what these two are from because I'm a gigantic sperg and I want to watch as much Yoshinori Kanada-style animation as possible

Also not just the series but the individual episodes if possible, because I don't intend to watch the entire thing just for a 10 second action sequence

Raymondo Person fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Jan 18, 2011

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

They're both from Urusei Yatsura. The first is from episode 100 and the second is from the first movie Only You.

Edit: Now that I watch again the first link isn't episode 100 the part with the tank is, the link starts a little before that with Mendo firing a gun which is from an earlier episode I think. Can't exactly remember which.

Guyver fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 18, 2011

Raymondo Person
Jun 13, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Alright, thanks a bunch anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNh8SBsqy8Q the unidentified one seems to be a scene by Masahito Yamashita, but whoever uploaded this didn't specify which episode it is and Yamashita did animation for like... 17 episodes of this show. But whatever, at least I identified them; Urusei Yatsura is one of those old shows that everyone likes but I never actually bothered with it myself (only saw like one episode when a friend linked it and I don't even remember much about it).

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Looked through my DVDs the Mendo target practice scene is from episode 79.

redux
Apr 23, 2008

LadySage posted:

This is a wild guess since I haven't seen it, but perhaps Cooking Master Boy?

It turns out that this is probably it, thanks!

Bandwidth Wagon
Nov 14, 2002

The E-Wagon of the I-Future
I'm trying to remember the title of a manga. If I remember right, it starts with the main character riding a bike to school but for some reason there's a bomb on his bike and if he slows down it explodes. After some later antics, a girl ends up moving into his room and wants to form some kind of assault team or something.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009

Bandwidth Wagon posted:

I'm trying to remember the title of a manga. If I remember right, it starts with the main character riding a bike to school but for some reason there's a bomb on his bike and if he slows down it explodes. After some later antics, a girl ends up moving into his room and wants to form some kind of assault team or something.

Hidan no Aria ("Aria the Scarlet Ammo" I think?) sounds like your manga. Word has it there's an anime adaptation in the works too.

Bandwidth Wagon
Nov 14, 2002

The E-Wagon of the I-Future
That's exactly it, Thanks!

Erdnase
Nov 9, 2009

he needs the money
This is really vague but i'll do my best.

It was a series of shorts of about 5-10 minutes each I think. Maybe 3 years old or older.

One of them is based in a sticker company with bad sales, so they design some new stickers but they're all dull black and white pictures of a boring kid doing mundane things. I think it ends with the boss firing them, and then he goes outside and his car has stickers on it, which he can't peel off.

Really dumb humour but it made me laugh and now I can't find it.

Help!

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
It's Gag Manga Biyori!

Erdnase
Nov 9, 2009

he needs the money
Thanks!!

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Back in about 2003 I remember seeing something subbed that was pretty funny. I remember they were in a classroom and the teacher was douchey to the kids and someone threw or kicked a desk at them and the fight went into the hallway and I think it was called something like Island School or something, it was kind of tropical IIRC but it's pretty hazy, I was wasted off my rear end at babbys first Anime North.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Given the timeframe, it MIGHT have been Haré+Guu.

NeverRamza
Jan 9, 2003

what the...? where the hell has Frodo gone to?
Back during a time where I watched just about any anime I could get my hands on, I watched a DVD that was advertised as hentai but if there was any sex in it, it was very light. I think this came out around 2000 give or take a few years. It was a one-shot OVA I think. Some depressed girl ends up going into a mirror and interacts with what might have been an evil version of her. Something hentai related may have happened between them too, but if it did, like I said it was very light. I think either the "evil" version of herself ended up coming out of the mirror or perhaps the mirror just warped her normal personality.

This anime obscure and dumb so I doubt anyone has actually seen it except for maybe the guy at animeondvd.com because I think I remember reading a review of it once there. I remember him liking it and possibly considering it refreshing.

Kleptobot
Nov 6, 2009
It sounds vaguely like CLAMP's take on Alice in Wonderland. Would this be it?

NeverRamza
Jan 9, 2003

what the...? where the hell has Frodo gone to?

Kleptobot posted:

It sounds vaguely like CLAMP's take on Alice in Wonderland. Would this be it?

It's not this. I don't think anyone remotely important was involved in making it.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
REALLY vague... Ok, someone posted a single panel from this manga and what I remember was there was this huge guy busting through a wall, and he was carrying a car on his shoulder and someone yells, "Look out, he's got a car!". I tried to find the thread it was in, but couldn't. Was in the convince me to read your manga in a single panel thread.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Liar posted:

REALLY vague... Ok, someone posted a single panel from this manga and what I remember was there was this huge guy busting through a wall, and he was carrying a car on his shoulder and someone yells, "Look out, he's got a car!". I tried to find the thread it was in, but couldn't. Was in the convince me to read your manga in a single panel thread.

Kongoh Bancho
http://somemangas.com/manga/Kongoh_Bancho/

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Okay here's one:

It's like a reverse Ayane's High Kick. Basically, in the previous anime, the girl wants to be a pro-wrestler but is tricked into entering a kick boxing match.

In this one, the girl is a kung fu fighter who wants to enter a kick boxing circuit, but is tricked into pro wrestling. It was done around 2006/2005, featured a pathetic "typical guy" character, an old man, and some other wrestling chicks, including one huge, butch lady who always used "ore" (a way of saying "I" that really only men use).

When I watched it, only the first 4 or 5 episodes were subbed, but that was about five years ago, and I was wondering if anyone recognized this show?

Thanks.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Fighting Beauty Wulong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzK01dAT680

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Guyver posted:

Fighting Beauty Wulong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzK01dAT680

Yeah, that's the one. Thanks, it was driving me nuts.

KasualKon
Feb 11, 2011

SPACE DAD posted:

Does anyone remember a manga about these guys who are sooooort of like grim reapers or something, but they show up in suits and they seem to have to seperate souls from bodies in a timely manner, or else some kind of crazy soul corruption sets in or something? Maybe they only show up to suicides? There was one guy in a suit and glasses and he had a younger partner, I think. Some of those details about the plot might be wrong, but they definitely showed up at people's houses outta nowhere to deal with something to do with death.

And one other, I think it might be a manhwa. It's about some old man who goes into a coma and wakes up in a huuuuuuge forest with a bunch of other guys in it, some of them slaves. There's also weird creatures in the forest. The old man has a beard and is really good at gardening.

Nobody ever answered this one and I'm pretty sure it was Soul Eater. The character in the suit sounds like Death The Kid. http://somemangas.com/manga/Soul_Eater/

Maybe it's beyond the scope of this thread but I'd suggest reading it instead of watching. The anime was pretty samey and if it's your kind of thing then there's similar anime of higher quality out there. Manga was p good though.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Nope, it's not Soul Eater, but thanks all the same. It had a much more realistic setting than soul eater and was definitely seinen, not shounen. It wasn't a battle manga, from what I recall. I'm pretty sure when I was reading it, there were only 10 chapters or so translated. This was maybe a year ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitschy Bitch
Jun 21, 2004
the mad whacker

SPACE DAD posted:

KissWood perhaps?

• Locked thread