Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TeacherAteMyDog
Nov 28, 2007
KoreaAteMyTeacher

Flython posted:

Thank you. I knew it wasn't obscure like the others but I just could not recall the name.

I hate to do this but thinking so much about series I never finished has left me with one more request. It was a manga with a battling system based on summoning monsters from cards or possibly souls. I believe each character had only one or a small number of monsters. I can remember their being an attack inside a shopping mall and a deadly tournament inside a tower with artificial environments. I think the evil organization used robotic monsters to attack the protagonists home at one point.

I'll be sure to keep an eye on the thread in the unlikely event that I can help someone else as repayment.

I think this is Chaosic Rune. Each character has a deck of cards from which they can summon monsters and items. There are bad guys from the machine society who summon machine monsters. There was a shopping mall scene and a robot tower (base?) scene too but I don't recall it being a tournament but there was a tournament at the start of the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeacherAteMyDog
Nov 28, 2007
KoreaAteMyTeacher
There's a scene in Psyren where researchers are trying to figure out if kids are telepathic and they find out the girl is because she continuously guessed incorrectly.

TeacherAteMyDog
Nov 28, 2007
KoreaAteMyTeacher

dogsicle posted:

I'm not sure exactly which show this is from, though I feel like it might be Blood+ or GunxSword? Anyway it wass a short arc/flashback set in a jungle/tropical area where a scientist is living and doing research with his daughter. I'm fairly sure he was researching a specific plant, or at least a plant was involved in some chemical research he was doing. Either due to his research or just tension in the area, conflict breaks out and the scientist is killed, though his daughter survives.

There's a short arc in fate zero about kiritsugu emiya growing up with his scientist father and his father's assistant, a local girl, on a typical island.

The father's research is on a specific plant, the research causes a zombie outbreak, and the scientist dies but so does the assistant girl.

• Locked thread