Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Goku Midnight Eye, maybe? Possibly Cyber City Oedo 808, although I don't think that had any topless ladies in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Can you remember anything about what the protagonist looked like?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm not sure if this thread will really be of much help, since what I"m looking for is likely Chinese in origin. I just remembered it today and I think it was about two star crossed lovers, and one of them would turn into a dragon or some animal or something, and this made the other one sad so they went to the gods to try and fix it. There were also the requisite animal comic relief that are in every mythological cartoon, and I think one of those was a boar or something. Anyone have any idea?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Daryl Surat posted:

It's possible that you're talking about 1958's Panda and the Magic Serpent. It used Chinese-style artwork, had two star-crossed lovers for whom one transformed into a large creature, and comic relief animals. Often found in dollar stores.

Holy poo poo, this is it. Thanks.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This image has been sitting in some folder for awhile now with the filename of "figure out what the hell it is.webm" so I figured I'd let this thread take a shot!

http://a.pomf.se/dvnfbp.webm

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Thanks!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

I'm not sure exactly which show this is from, though I feel like it might be Blood+ or GunxSword? Anyway it wass a short arc/flashback set in a jungle/tropical area where a scientist is living and doing research with his daughter. I'm fairly sure he was researching a specific plant, or at least a plant was involved in some chemical research he was doing. Either due to his research or just tension in the area, conflict breaks out and the scientist is killed, though his daughter survives.

This sounds like Darker than Black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Getsuya posted:

Found it! It was a ninja girl after all.

The show I was thinking of was Soar High Isami/ Tobe! Isami
I had to look through the titles of every 80s/90s anime to find it. Looks like a fun show. I wonder if it's still up on YouTube.

This has an awesome OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m62L8nHb82g

• Locked thread