Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
Did anyone catch the 'An Idiot Abroad' preview? the only 2 downsides were that there was to much Ricky involved and its still a few weeks untill the actual program starts! The preview was loving fantastic and had me in stiches almost the whole way through.
Think it's available on Sky on Demand or whatever it's called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
The first episode of the new Alan Partridge is out now http://www.fostersfunny.co.uk/ great start so far, shame they are only 13 mins long.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
Watched the Trigger Happy TV christmas special after a few drinks the other day after not seeing it for many years, I haven't laughed so hard in ages (although some sketches are just too repetitive).

Also wish Gervais would just shut up for two seconds, caught a glimpse of him and Karl on the one show and he kelt talking over Karl and grabbing every bit of airtime from the poor Manc.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
Any idea when Partridge is going to make an appearance so I can skip the rest of the crap?

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
I think it must have been a piss-take, either way I only managed 15 seconds of it.

Needs more partridge.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
The Gervais thing was amusing when Pilkington started talking about charities but it has been done at least 2-3 times in podcasts before now and just sounds so forced.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
Yep Jamie Oliver was a wet blanket and it seemed Jimmy Carr has to really force himself to laugh (more than usual) at his responses. And Miranda hart is possibly the least funny female comedian (even more so that Joe Brand)
Hopefully Top Gear in India tonight will make up for a rather lovely christmas offering.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
Only found one source for this but the Big Breakfast is rumored for a return to TV http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2012/01/29/the-big-breakfast-planning-to-make-a-shock-return-for-the-2012-olympics-115875-23725084/

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
I unblocked netflix usa on my ps3 using this guide http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=56323588#post56323588

Tonnes more content, otherwise I would have just cancelled my subscription as I have run out of things to watch on the UK one.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008

ConanThe3rd posted:

Confirming that this happened to me as well.

I have been using the US DNS though, I wonder if that's a contributing factor?

I'm having the same prob, also using US DNS, it was setup with paypal which didn't go through and my mastercard is being refused.
They only have telephone support which goes to a US call centre who are more than useless but overly enthusiastic in that annoying american customer service sort of way.
I think the card transactions are being refused as there is no where to put your address/postcode so it doesn't match up with the banks system.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
Wasn't their a US version of Fawlty Towers at one point or was I having some sort of nightmare?

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
I wish 'Welcome to India' was more than 3 episodes long, was a very interesting series, especially if you've ever visited the place.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008

Irisi posted:

999: What's Your Emergency

The emergency call with the woman trying to save her husbands life was pretty harrowing.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008

Fatty posted:

I enjoyed what I saw of the Toughest Place to be A series, but I watched a bit of the "revisited" series (specifically the fisherman episode) and it just looked like an excuse to repeat earlier series during primetime. The 15 minutes I watched looked like a completely unedited repeat, presumably they just throw in 5 minutes of new footage at the end.

Exactly what I though, I sat watching the whole thing thinking 'I'm sure I've already seen this part'
Another series well worth watching is 'Welcome to India', it takes a good look at day to day life in India from the prospective of various workers.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
I found the last episode of 'Educating Yorkshire' very touching, especially the ending. It just goes to show Channel 4 can put out some great TV, ofcourse they then followed it up with a thrilling documentary about drunks in a minicab office.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
Screenwipe needs more of Brookers rantings, less lovely character sketch things.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
Nick Hewer taking the piss out of a fatty was today's TV highlight.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008

Adrianics posted:

James Corden actually is a genuinely good comedic actor when he's given the right material, he was great in Gavin and Stacey and sensational in One Man Two Guvnors on stage, it's just gently caress whoever told him he would make a good presenter/television personality. It's sad to see that his career is heading towards the latter rather than former.

Yep I dismissed him as being a fat version of Michael Mcintyre with his 'please all easy comedy' but he's really good in Gavin & Stacey.

Did anyone see Troy during the week? he's a street magician/illusionist like Dynamo but with a personality.

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008

ThomasPaine posted:

Way to miss the point. Mario is not sentient. The 'cookies' are effectively human consciousness trapped within a computer. A carbon copy of you, who believes it is you just as much as you do. It has all the same memories, emotions, beliefs, and dreams. They're true AIs, but being based on a pre-existing human brain go beyond that. By creating one you're effectively condemning yourself to a fate worse than death, and you're willing to do it because you can easily justify it by saying its just a machine (and god drat you can't be assed turning your own lights on). That's why it's such a horrifying and amazing concept. It's utterly believable

It's amazing how many people miss this point.

I keep thinking about '1 second is a 1,000 years' and it it gives me shivers, just how callous those police officers were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_cow_fan
May 12, 2008
I've genuinely never understood a word johnny Vegas has ever said, am I missing out on his QI bits?