Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Personally I hate Jack Whitehall because he is good looking and women like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
If Charlie Brooker were to announce Seinfeld as his favourite tv show, this thread might implode in on itself.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

NaDy posted:

I hope I'm not the only one here who doesn't think Stewart Lee is all that great. I liked Comedy Vehicle ok, it was pretty funny in parts, but I recently watched his stand up and I fell asleep halfway through. I get his kind of humour fine, I just don't think it's amazing like everyone says it is.

I find him unbearable. I like some of his stuff, but I couldn't sit through an hour of it.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
That's only because we've all been posting in The Thick Of It thread.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Maybe I've had a stroke or something, but it's actually funny.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
The episode felt like something that would fit right into Series 5. The writing wasn't particularly great, but the cast made it work.

I mean we all seen the Moose gag coming a mile away, but I will still laughing like an idiot.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I'm just dropping in to say that, I for one, like QI and Stephen Fry.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

There's a great post in the comments there.

quote:

Touch the Truck was a British Channel 5 endurance gameshow which aired in 2001.

It was hosted by Dale Winton[1] and involved a group of 20 contestants holding onto a truck with the last person left touching the truck winning it.

The show was filmed at the Lakeside Shopping Centre in Thurrock, Essex.

Jerry Middleton, 39, from Winchester, Hampshire, was the winner who managed to stay awake touching the vehicle for 81 hours 43 minutes and 31 seconds. He stated that he was going to sell the vehicle to fund a political party. Middleton stood at the 2001 General Election in the Kingston and Surbiton constituency, but gained only 54 votes of a turnout of 49,093.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
It's better if you see the before picture too. He looks so excited.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I thought Peep Show was hilarious last night and quite a bit funnier than last week's.

You're all crazy.

Limmy's Show is meant to be live tonight? I'm not sure what that's all about, but could/should be interesting.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Limmy's Show is weird, in that it's kinda shite, but utter genius at the same time.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

happyhippy posted:

Sounds like all Scottish sketch shows since the dawn of time.

The Scotch And Wry Hogmanay specials are 100% sure fire hits in this poster's opinion.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Yeah they had a falling out over their production company or something like that.

I loved Still Game too :(

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Cerv posted:

not to worry though, the bbc are fully nationalising two soon.

So what happens to the regional Newsnights then?

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Z-Magic posted:

I've only just realised the guy who plays Simon is from Horrible Histories

It seems that everyone in British comedy is from Horrible Histories.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I voted Scotch & Wry. Deal with it :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY2VVBeHXVg

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I don't think they care. The time period is much less than 10 years (series 6, 7 and 8 all followed directly after one another), but they (rightly) don't give a poo poo about mentioning bang up to date cultural references - Blair stepping down as PM, the recession, Mumford & Sons...

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Mr. Squishy posted:

But do they slather their leads in make-up to keep them looking young? Or just the regular amount for television?

They avoid filming Jez from behind.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Why the gently caress did I watch The McFly Show and enjoy it so much.

What is happening to me.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

Irisi posted:

Have you been drinking Scotlands' favourite Christmas cocktail of Special Brew and Diazepam a little bit too early this year?

They're not exactly the Monkees, but they'll do.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
We're hating Billy Connolly now? :(

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I could maybe stand Brian Cox if he didn't speak like he was grooming a young child all the time.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

MrL_JaKiri posted:

...Patrick Moore, David Attenborough to name two quickly off the top of my head.

It's all about the mighty Jim Al-Khalili.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001

SeanBeansShako posted:

We getting a new thread at 500 pages?

I'm still furious about the tag getting changed.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
One of the pink ones I'm sure, it was better than NOT USA anyway.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
The 45 year old virgin shags his 68 year old sex therapist on camera at the end.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Aye me and my flat mate were screaming at the TV for him not to go through with it, and do what the Irish girl did and just jump on the next plane home. Unfortunately we had to witness his eyes rolling into the back of his head as she, 'helped him' put the condom on with her mouth and then we got to a close up on his curled up toes as she was atop him.

The poor guy. He seemed so nice too.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Dogging Tales was truly horrifying.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Why am I watching BBC3's Glastonbury coverage? It's appalling. I'm also apparently an old man who doesn't know any modern music and hates it all.

There's someone on at the moment called John Newman, who seems be a butlins redcoat who has eeked out a career as an M People tribute act.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Yeah BBC4 have Blondie on just now and they're much, much better. Playing Rapture now, are we going to see an elderly Debbie Harry rapping?

Edit: Yes we are.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Loved the Fall finale.

Although the ending was signposted a mile away and getting to that point was a bit contrived and labored it was still a magnificent last episode. The last shot of Spector bleeding to death in Stella's (mothering) arms was well worth it. Just imagine what was going through each of their heads at that moment.

It wasn't just about that last scene though, there were so many great moments, the bit at the woman's refuge, the interview, Stella telling Cantona that him and Spector are more alike than he would like to admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Red Dwarf was really funny and the hitler actor was hilarious.