Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Taping An Idiot abroad because, you know, Alice Roberts :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

pisshead posted:

Maybe I'm being a chippy northerner, but I've just been watching University Challenge and one of the questions was knowing what Underground lines certain stations are on, how is someone not from London supposed to know that?
You need to play more Mornington Crescent.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Dr Snofeld posted:

My birthday is in the middle of November, and the long standing tradition is that nobody gives a poo poo about Christmas until after that. I propose we roll that system out nationwide. Nobody give a poo poo about Christmas until next Friday at the earliest.

Aw hell, I just remembered we have the singing Iceland adverts to look forward to.

All about December 1st, or as I like to call it day 1 in my "christmas movie thon". Traditionally it is Earnest Saves Christmas.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Are we about to see the deterioration of Mulhern to Edmunds or Barrymore status? He could at least bring back House Party before he does.

Oh and Top Gear is pretty much cancelled.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

I would say Ant and Dec Saturday Night Takeaway is a spiritual successor to House Party, but it does lack a little something.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Annabel Pee posted:

Speaking of Ant and Dec gently caress them and Im a Celeb for putting Farage on. Not that I was gonna watch it anyway but its officially boycotted.

Farage and I’m a Celeb is like that Apprentice sketch in Mitchell and Webb - either way people call the number.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

stev posted:

Really? He loves you.

That’s Barney

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Boomers gonna boomer. Pretty sad about Zach Dingle, not watched Emmerdale for a while.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

A Question of Sport stopping, a bit unfortunate as it was one of the quiz shows I am actually good at

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

ConanThe3rd posted:

Sky Stream but is there something more in the freeview mold?

BT TV and TalkTalk both go on the YouView platform, both require a working aerial currently.

These are likely going to go a bit up in the air with multiple things coming out soon namely freely and such as well as better multicast tech.

I guess the question more should be: What do they want?

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

ConanThe3rd posted:

To get regular, linear tv without having to deal with an ariel which is, charitably speaking, poo poo where they live.

The apps get half way there but it percludes the second string channels like Quest and DMax.

Other than Freesat, BT TV is probably the easiest which since last I checked does have a internet only mode but I can’t say for sure what the channel lineup will be and will still cost money

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Mickolution posted:

Yeah, the Apple TV is the best streaming box I've used. Also, it works pretty much perfectly with ExpressVPN. I use it for HBO Max, Hulu, Criterion etc without many problems.

Express VPN have actual VPN now with Apple TV? I use a different provider and currently have the Apple TV on its own VLAN and that goes out to a VPN - waiting for it to have a TV App with proper VPN but happy with my current solution

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

This would be a fully just usage of the licence fee

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

She is a bit hit and miss I think her prepared stuff is generally better

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

I feel overall the story was good but the pacing of the decision seemed very off almost as if the decision was reversed the show could still go out.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Skulker posted:

Destroy anyone who's been in Footlights.

Hold your horses here, if we are going to go on a destroy everyone at a particular Oxbridge organisation surely we need to look at Oxford and the poor excuse for alumni of the Politics, Philosophy and Economics degree programme.

Skulker posted:

Oh no, I'm well aware. They're all loving shite.
Mitchell and Webb, Douglas Adams, Richard Ayoade, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Lady Big Suze , Graham Chapman, Eric Idle, Alex Horne, Tim Key, Hugh Laurie, Miriam Margolyes, Mel and Sue, Phil Wang to name a few.

Starbucks fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jan 3, 2024

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

crispix posted:

Andy Peters is a proper beefcake now'days

You should see Edd the duck

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Taear posted:

It's loving grim isn't it? It shows how little people pay attention to the news at least

It’s something I have known about for a decent amount of time, maybe 2015 or so or before that and it is fairly regularly in Private Eye for a while to which if you watch the last 10 minutes of Peston you can see this fact for yourself with Ian Hislop getting a little ranty about it.

As for why it hasn’t really been in the news? The answer to that is a threat of litigation.

What do you think the next drama will be about?

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Chubby Henparty posted:

same ep as Reggae Reggae Sauce?

I hope it was purely for the juxtaposition, I do like Reggae Reggae Sauce and it has made itself into my sauce section of my fridge

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

The Apprentice: Boomer rants at camera 2024

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Cerv posted:

that's still going? christ

I used to not watch it, was like watching Vietnam videos as a veteran with PTSD working with so many marketing types. I can watch it now safe in the knowledge I won’t come across these people anymore.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

21 Albert Square

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Radio 6 Music 4 Lyfe.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

This is from 1998 https://archive.org/details/image00861/image00893.jpg

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Can’t beat a bit of house party and gunging.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Having watched multiple hours on the history of Saturday Morning / Summer targeted TV I don’t really relate to a bunch of that but I do remember Going Live / Kicking the most from a Saturday perspective but the shows available on What’s up Doc was superior.

The summer holiday stuff I didn’t really remember anything of honestly, I think I mostly did other stuff but I do remember stuff they didn’t mention as it was aligned more to before 9:30AM or 9:25 going by the whole transmitter thing.

Roland Rat / Timmy Mallet being remembered the most but also from about 1990 we had access to Sky One etc then.

Then there was The Bigger Breakfast which I think was missing from that analysis which seemed limited to BBC vs ITV where I think I remember that a lot more.

Having a look on Freeview it seems this is no longer a thing and it’s mostly shows and honestly more than likely streaming

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Mr. Squishy posted:

No, I was just thinking of landscape painting scandals and the spying thing was the only one that came to mind.

It reminds me of the episode of blackadder goes forth where they paint no mans land

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Mandy is great, I would say the first episode sets up expectations on how things will go nicely.

Just watched race across the world, like a lot of these things you have no idea what the producers force or what other unseen rules they have but some seem to absolutely piss through the money.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

In some way I want it to be for what most would consider an overreaction but a small amount of people reasonable, like buying own brand butter instead of lurpack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Betjeman posted:

panel shows have become tired.

Glad someone else thinks that, other than HIGNFY which has zero repeatability but at least interesting they have all just got a bit annoying especially anything cats related.

Taskmaster is still decent though but I give that 2-3 years.