Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

My kids wanted to watch Small Foot for Friday movie night tonight, and it was going fine, until James Corden showed up. He's just... bad. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

stev posted:

I was cheering on the farmers in Peter Rabbit.
Mr MacGregor is unironically easier to root for than Peter Rabbit, yes. They really captured the essence of James Corden in that role.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Dell_Zincht posted:

We obviously went to very different schools, because nearly every kid in my school wanted to be on Knightmare or Fun House.

As a Yorkshireman myself, it was pretty cool to see kids on there talking like me as well.

"Tekk the surrrrrrp"
This is also my experience, growing up in Yorkshire! Everyone wanted to be on it.

My dad is a southerner and I somehow ended up with his accent, though, despite growing up in Scarborough. Weirdly.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Haha, I love it.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

You don't have to have been autistic to be into Knightmare and want to be on it and it's a bit weird to insinuate otherwise. It was exceptionally mainstream. There weren't exactly a lot of channels.

Edit: me and my friends wanted to be footballers and played in a five a side and had our own kit and poo poo and we still wanted to be on Knightmare

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I had very strong feelings that almost everybody on Finders Keepers was total poo poo at the game because they had no system. No system!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I've been following Ava Vidal's ongoing, well documented issues with John Gordillo and aside from being what seems like an actual paedophilic psychopath he seems pretty well known despite me never having heard of him. Is he that well known? His Wikipedia page is suspiciously one-sided about the current stuff...

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Oh really? Ava Vidal is a UK comedian, she's been on a load of panel shows and done a fair amount of other TV stuff. You'd probably know her by sight.

I guess it answers my question though.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone else hate the poo poo that Netflix started without seeing 3 seconds of credits then you're into the next episode?

As an example I'm watching Time right now and poo poo, I need a minute to decompress and think about what happened, I don't want to instantly go into the "previously" poo poo because it just happened! Let me think about how poo poo society is for a minute. Jesus!

I could thankfully turn it off with Netflix because they had the presence of mind to know not everyone wants that but literally every copycat, including Amazon and iPlayer, just acts like yeah of course you want to consume all the content ASAP, num num num

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Total Meatlove posted:

A settings option that takes maybe less than 30 seconds to fix, lads, come on.
Where is this option on the iPlayer am I just missing it

And I'm not a lad but that's okay

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Tsietisin posted:

Its a weird one for sure.

I did wonder why Burn Notice, a show on the USA network, was on there. But apparently it was Fox produced, so explains that.

But I cannot find any connection between this show and either Fox or Disney.
All3Media distributed it, who are half owned by Liberty Global, which owns a shitload of stuff including Virgin Media and has some deal in the UK and Ireland with Disney for Disney+. That's the only connection I can make.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Mickolution posted:

Strange that it's on Disney here, but it still seems to be on the Channel 4 catchup.
They do just roll some Hulu stuff into Disney+ in non-US territories, but in the US you have to pay for both which is probably pretty annoying for people over there.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Bogmonster posted:

What are your thoughts?
That I think there's a taskmaster thread now which is why this one sees much less traffic

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Shameless ran for much longer in the US, didn't it? That seems pretty successful. Even if nobody I know has ever watched any of it.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Dell_Zincht posted:

Like I said, he's been in a relationship with a woman only 8 years younger than him since 2010 and has two kids, so i'll absolutely give him the benefit of doubt when it comes to him talking to female contestants on a reality show where the majority of contestants are female.
Why?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Having my own kids who are neurotypical and then nephews and nieces who are not I've always assumed that Bing is neurodivergent, and maybe Pando, too. Sula seems like she's the same or similar age and has far, far less trouble picking things up, especially social cues, than Bing.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

How did the Furchester Hotel fair during the pandemic, anyway?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

As a parent of two kids who had to sit through a ton of poo poo I enjoyed it when kids TV did stuff like this (7:50) to make life a tiny bit more bearable.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Chubby Henparty posted:

(actual) Octonauts doesn't have the same sort of winky adulty jokes that Bluey or Ben & Holly do, just good kids tv. My son was informing and delighting people at 3 with manic-dinosaur-fan level facts about deep sea life.
It totally does, I remember an episode where they met a type of sea animal that lived off "grass" and they all talked like stoners.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Mr. Squishy posted:

exposition shots of mushrooms and falling leaves.
is that the word you meant

because I want to know what plot needs exposing about mushrooms and leaves, that seems quite remarkable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Could you edit cut jokes from other shows into The Simpsons?