Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
What was Caroline Flack going through in the press? I'd never heard of her. She's the third person from the show to die?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Seems Morning Star saw some backlash on that transphobic cartoon:

https://twitter.com/Torr_ro/status/1233437302585745408?s=19

Good sentiment, but still hard to see why they thought it was a good idea in the first place.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Conversation reminded me that they cancelled House of Fools, and that's some bullshit.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Sky keeps Now TV and the broadcast service separate by design, I guess to not actively drive people from the old subscriptions. I worked with video services at PlayStation and it was all pretty crazy since Sky has it's own app for catchup which ran on completely different tech, but handled much the same content.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Also folks reported on him joining "the racism app" Parler, and then his account being hacked there to post pro-trans messages. It appears now that the account was fake to start with. Up to you on which scenario is funnier.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

franco posted:

This concept has legs. If you wanted to expand the cast you could throw in the two non-Greg Davies members of We Are Klang. Oh and Mathew Horne too - he must be loving foaming. Maybe Ben Miller too what with Alexander Armstrong making all that Pointless/documentary cash.

I must be missing some other obvious ones...

Fake edit: Strangely, Vic Reeves probably counts now.

Only because he's mostly operating as Jim Moir now and seems to get to do exactly what he wants.

Miller got to spend however long in the Caribbean doing Death in Paradise until he chose not to so I'm sure he's fine.

And James Cordon should be where Matt Horne is, it's just Matt Horne should be there too.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Rascallion posted:

Watched At Last the 1948 Show on Britbox was it a thing online before the release? Its like new Python appeared from the aether.

Got a DVD of what was known to exist at the time (couple of quid at MVC I think) over a decade ago, came up a bunch in Python retrospectives from that time.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

Are you thinking of Rory McGrath maybe? He’s apparently a complete arsehole.

Lee Hurst is, I believe, full fash.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

I saw that bit earlier and it's literally the Family Guy Ollie joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nvm_rq2fMg

It's got Matt Forde, stealing from MacFarlane is pretty par for the course, given he's gotten by on the coattails of Russel Howard doing the same.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/1317088248716496896?s=19

Wow, I had assume Dinenage had retired, he was a fixture of my childhood from How 2 and the Meridian area news (seems he still presents South Today)

He was the local news icon. Or the non-ironic one, Michael Fish was from our way too.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

With Berry getting more international recognition due to Shadows, it's not impossible a streaming platform like Prime or Netflix might bite if the $ is right.

He's also good in Disenchantment, the new eps I've seen might be the best the show's been so far.

"Remember the wankers!"

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I think Robinson was on Toast of London maybe twice as different characters, all great

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I think there's been a new injection of material into Disney+ just now, I think from rights referring from Fox's previous deals and whatnot, they own a terrifying amount. Anyway, I just saw National Treasure is on there, the Robbie Coltrane miniseries from a few years back (I think the Nic Cage films are on there too as it goes)

So how has that ended up there, it's a Channel 4 production?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Surprised Channel 4 let it go, unless it wasn't their decision?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Greatest Hits radio is doing their regular playlist, but interspersed with maudlin messages about Brenda. The DJs certainly sound bored reading them out.

I miss Jack FM so much.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Comrade Fakename posted:

Maybe technically outside the purview of this thread, but Andor, the new Star Wars show on Disney+ is British as gently caress, heavily visually inspired by grimy 70s/80s UK sci fi. If they ever made a super-high-production-value reboot of Blake’s 7, they should get these guys.

Also wasn't expecting to see Doc Brown just pop up, plenty of folks from the British scene I expected to see in an Imperial uniform first.

E: Also super didn't expect to hear the word "brothel" in Star Wars media.

BizarroAzrael fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Oct 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Garth Merenghi and Dean Learner.