Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Fecha posted:

I dunno how Renard would be able to get to some of those books...

Probably like this: http://gunnerkrigg.com/?p=227

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Daktar posted:

I wish he'd make an e-book version. I really want to read it but I have far too many books as it is.
From what I've heard he'll make it available online eventually, after it's had its print run.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
These interactions with Hetty do say something about Renard by acting as a foil for his situation. He could have just as easily been in the same situation as her, but instead of being under the thumb of some random jackass in the court he is bound to the person he literally cares most about in the world, Surma's daughter.

Imagine how Renard would be if he was still under Jimmy Jim's thumb and was also a tiny stuffed wolf instead of a massive dragon guy. And if Annie wasn't around.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Hodgepodge posted:

Renard's sort of laconic responses to Hetty remind me of myself when I hang out with someone who I don't really want to explain myself to.
I figured it out. This chapter is actually about when Tom told his parents he was quitting his job to do a webcomic full time.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

bathroomrage posted:

I just want to remind people of this page. Hetty belonged to Adam's sister, but apparently he sealed her in that body without knowing.

Something weird is up.
That could just mean she's still trapped in the body, since presumably the contract she had with Adam's sister would be null now that she's dead, if not for it being transferred to Adam.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
The darkened eye and grays that Tom uses, I've always considered that shorthand for being emotionally unhinged more than being evil. It really comes up a lot, both Jack and Annie have had pages or chapters where they look like that while they're being erratic and making bad decisions.

And then there's Zimmy.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Jon Joe posted:

Um, excuse me, obviously the city face chapters are the best. Gosh!
This is the objective truth, get it together people?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Splicer posted:

At this point everyone should be remembering this page.
There's also these two pages from chapter 32.

Ahaha I didn't notice before how goddamn dirty Annie's feet were after she came back from for forest. Tom has such great attention to detail.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Jetamo posted:

That bottom-left panel... I can't unsee it as Ysengrim with a big grin on his face.
That's because that's exactly what it is? :confused:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Sometimes teens get super lanky, maybe Annie just ethered up a growth spurt.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think the problem people have with shippers in fandoms is it's a small step from "I want these two to date" to either implying or outright saying "I want to see these two hardcore bone". And some people cross that line immediately.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I need one of those for my leather jacket. Gotta accessorize, after all.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
This comic is basically correct except in my experience the internal monologue is a lot less coherent and includes a lot more yelling.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Drakyn posted:

Paz status: still confused.
It's sort of a shame we missed seeing the results of the switch firsthand. Did something start smoking and hissing right away? Were there thirty seconds of additional Paz confusion before something exploded violently? Did the robo-chickenwing catch on fire first or was it the desk, the ceiling, the passionately super romantic and smooth expressions on Kat's face? We may never know.
It flexed so hard it flew off the table and knocked a server over, which then caught fire as the wires pulled apart and arced all over the place.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Blasmeister posted:

Been considering getting myself some GC merch for Christmas, does anyone know where is the best place to do this in the uk?
Show up at Thought Bubble in Leeds on the 23rd or 24th and buy stuff directly from Tom.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
It makes you the worst fan.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Blackheart posted:

But I'm sure she is against ROBOSEXUALITY.
Well that's in the student manual, come on.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Looks like the wooden training sword Parley has is shaped like Coyote's tooth blade.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

Uhh, I'm gonna have to try to do some research on this later, but daaaaaaaamn! :stare:

If that's true, Sareed really gave Annie a dose of the heavy stuff for her first night out.

Achewater is a fictional drink from that comic.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Maybe Jones is her own psychopomp! :downs:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Most of the destructive power of bombs like that is concussive, not incendiary.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB4cdRgIcB8

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Worthleast posted:

Anyone have a link to the CityFace comics? I foolishly skipped them in my readthrough so as to catch up with the real story.

:frogout:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=560
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=834

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

idonotlikepeas posted:

I was comically exaggerating my surprise at the fact that Paz is pronounced "Path" instead of "Pass" as I have been pronouncing it in my head since she was introduced.

In reality, this is not actually a big deal. I am a little annoyed with myself about it, though, since I knew how z was pronounced in Spain-flavor Spanish and I still thought of her name like Latin-America-flavor Spanish for no good reason.

I've always pronounced it the same way Big Boss does in Peace Walker.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I read Monster Pulse and I just learned secondhand from her news post that Tom is going to be at SPX this year.

And I went and was there last year drat.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

:eyepop:

I wonder if the chapter will end with the ship sinking or not. My prom was on a boat and it would have been a lot more lively if the ship had gone down.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I bet Annie is going to pick...

her father.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
My speculation was more "Annie decides on her own that finding her father is more important than getting help in this situation" and acts selfishly and rashly during an already stressful situation.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

So wait, do the robots have a fleet of speedboats or did they "borrow" the court's fleet of speedboats or did they alert the court and are using their fleet of speedboats

I likea to say "fleet of speedboats"

Maybe the speedboats are robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think that's one of the buildings from the windows 7 architecture background set.