Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Noooo green dude.

nooo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

1stGear posted:

Green elf guy is pretty clearly an ex-member of the Court who passed the test over to the forest. Diego mentions in the big flashback montage that he's a "traitor" and Ysengrin had a similar word for forest dwellers who went over to the Court.

I'm pretty sure he said in his formspring that this wasn't the case.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Brannock posted:

http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=775

What are those strips of pale color on each side? I was originally thinking forcefield but I'm not really sure.

It's symbolism!

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Smitty! Your eyebrows! They go up again!

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Honestly I think we'll never guess what Jones is because she is something of toms own invention.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Whoa Rey getting owned. His heart torn to shreds.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Why isn't it friday already i must know what happens next why can't I force myself to wait till at least a full chapter is finished.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

OurLivesOnline posted:

So this is the part where Renard reveals to Annie that her Dad caused her Mom's illness, isn't it?

Or maybe we will find out Annie caused her moms illness. She is named after a poison after all.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I think there is some subtle communication there you guys missed. They both know just how weak Ys is under that wooden body.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Aww widdle Annie :3:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

It's a coyote skull.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Fourth treatise is so amazingly beautiful. I'm super excited to see whats gona happen in the next couple of chapters.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Hungry Black Mage posted:

So pretty.

Dear Tom:

I will buy every book of this series that you produce. Thanks for an awesome comic. :unsmith:

Sadly, from what I hear he doesn't get any money at all from book sales.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Soylentbits posted:

How does that even work? Wouldn't it make more sense to just sell the books himself considering his limited market audience?

I don't know. But if you buy books directly from him at a con or something he gets money for it so there is that.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

They are both different fairies and also the same faerie.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Idran posted:

I guess that's true, I suppose in hindsight I was assuming the alternate world thing. That plot just felt more like the story was giving the impression of "going into town to get your hair cut" than "heading to the campus barber" to me.

The Court is really, really, really big.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I really like seeing all these characters we haven't seen in a while.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Crabmonster typing on a little computer with its big meaty claws makes me laugh. I really like this chapter so far.

I hope he turns out to be a teacher like some people guessed. The most awkward first day of class.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Well that was a fun, lighthearted chapter.

Does this mean things are gona get super intense now :ohdear:.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

It shoulda got the gold :colbert:

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Penguissimo posted:

I have a feeling that it's in a similar category as "for all intensive purposes".

Mistakes like this are a diamond dozen.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I think that's just her serious face.

So all their friends know this story is COMPLETELY SERIOUS GUYS.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Agreeable Employer posted:

Yeah, do you mean "No money" as in nothing, or, "No money" as in only 15% per book sold?

This comes up a lot. Last time it did I think he said he gets no money at all from book sales unless you buy them directly from him at a con or something.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Brannock posted:

Bluehair is my new favorite character. :3:

We all agreed that her nickname is Wildberry Poptart.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

It's gona be super sad when Parley sacrifices herself to buy the others time to undo whatever magic is holding Jeanne there.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Yeah that was pretty cool. I like pretty much everything about the whole robot and shadow 2 dynamic they got going.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Of course if the art really bothers you you can always read the comic backwards until you hit the early few chapters.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

He probably had to use his pocket door in order to avoid any locks and alarms on the real door.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Haha I like how Zimmy reads Kats mind for the name and she assumes that Zimmy read Annies mind.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Zimmy's going deeper.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Zimmy is seriously the best character in this comic and should hang out with Kat and Annie more.

Also the page art looks amazing, again.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

The best part is imagining how that looked from Kat's perspective. Zimmy just gets sent flying.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I hope the next page switches to Zimmy Cam so we can see what see's seeing. What could have her so scared?

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Kat looks like a mechanical burning wheel covered in eyes and wings calling it now.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

This page is amazing. But I feel it could use a little something.

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Jun 13, 2012

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I hope the secret simply raises more questions.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

If that happens I will egg Tom's house.

What could her deal possibly be that makes Annie think she disproves coyote's thing he just told her and makes coyote say she actually is a perfect example of what he is talking about. What is Your Deal Miss Not a Robot.

Also seconding liking how Coyote looks in the fifth panel.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Tell him he dosn't actually know what Mary Sue means and the word he is actually looking for is "Main Character" or maybe "Protagonist".

I hate how the term morphed from a specific type of fanfic character to a word used to describe any character who has normal levels of main characterness and is also a girl.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Avshalom posted:

Did we ever get an authorial yes/no on whether Jones and Jeanne are related in some way?

I think on formspring he has said they are not related in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Jones is literally the eye of some extradimensional elder god creature. If you turn your head in a direction that doesn't exist you'll see the eyestalk going off into the sky.