Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Oh man, I discovered this three days ago, and I'm loving it. :allears: Thanks to all the goons with Mort/Annie/Jones in their avatars! :v:

I'm on Chapter 38 - Divine. This webcomic sure can get weird. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

What's the deal with the tea, if I may ask? I just reached the last page available. :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

In retrospective, Chapter 2 (the one with the Minotaur. I think it's Chapter 2?) felt really disjointed from the rest of the series. :v: I never expected him to appear again, though.

This comic. :allears:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I've been rereading the archives. There were a few moments in the comic were I seriously stopped reading the first time just to take in the excellent conclusion of a chapter - some examples that come to mind are Shadow's expression here after Robot starts talking about how Kat can both give and take life, and Annie's explanation about his resentment towards Muut and other Guides.

This comic. :allears:

Azran fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Dec 30, 2012

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

kalensc posted:

Heard a lot of good things about this comic, decided to read Chapter 1 before heading to bed.

Now the sun is rising and I've burned through 40+ chapters but I want more dammit.

Unexpected benefit: I understand about two dozen more avatars on here now.

Yeah, as I kept reading on I started murmuring to myself "Oh, so that's where that avatar came from...". The Avatar Fairy is the real hero here. :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Aw, I got hit with an avatar too. :3: And it's that guy! :v:

Thanks, avatar fairy!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

My sister has been reading this for the first time, and I've been able to answer every question she has asked me so far with a "They'll explain that later. Keep that in mind." This comic is awesome.

Also, we both agreed that this page is just too heartwarming. :3:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

whateverfor posted:

Also the fact that as soon as Reynardine left the toy he'd be free to do as he wills. While he probably wouldn't snap and kill everyone, there's a good chance he'd jack some kind of body and run away.

I don't know if Reynardine would try to escape from the Court at this point. As Coyote said, he's still there due to Annie.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Maybe I forgot, but was it ever explained why he got into the being Annie met in Chapter 3?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, Annie isn't a Mary Sue by any stretch. She just had some maybe-too-convenient-for-the-plot characteristics, but those got explained, though later, like a lot of stuff in the comic.

Huntersoninski posted:

edit: I've held off posting in the thread for a while til the av-fairy was done with this round, but in case he or she decides to go back again, please pass this avatar by, I love it and it was a present.

No, you fool! :gonk:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

So how old are Kat and Annie right now? Annie seems at least 16 in that page Strongylocentrotus posted.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Re-reading through the archives (ONCE AGAIN) I gotta give props to Tom for actually writing Spanish correctly. I know it's hard sometimes since the small differences are a bitch and a half, but I think I only saw one syntax error in all of Paz's scenes. :golfclap:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Did I ever mentioned I love the dynamic between these two? Because I do. :3:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Iceclaw posted:

I don't know why everyone says that? His power is not some reality altering force that rigs things to go smoothly for Smitty, it creates order where there is none. If Ysengrin want a nip of him, I don't see how that will help. Nor how it's suppposed to cure Ysengrin's instability.

If order between the Forest and the Court is mantained thanks to the existance of a Medium, then Smitty involuntarily changed the Headmaster's decision. :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Huh? :raise: I only found one mistake in all the dialogue Tom has written for Paz. I'm from South America too - Argentina, to be precise - and I'm actually amazed at how well written Paz's dialogue is, considering she's just a secondary character.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I say it's the Robot King. There's an NG in that second line. :colbert:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I'm a terrible fan, I don't recognize Cosmobot's old avatar. :(

Also, people have asked me why did I choose a Superman avatar instead of a Batman one. :v:

VVV :golfclap:

Azran fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 22, 2013

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Paz will now murder Kat to protect Bobby's feelings, and Tom will appear to tell us Gunnerkrigg Court is now a murder mistery. :colbert:

Serious talk now - Poor Bobby. :smith:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Law 4º: A robot may not love a human being.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, add me up to the "It's from Paz" tally.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Haha, jesus christ Tom. You are the best. :allears:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Oh god.
It just dawned on me. Robot. Will he be jealous? :ohdear:

VVVV Right. :downs:

Azran fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 23, 2013

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Goddamn it, Tom. You are amazing. :3:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Re-reading Divine, I realized just how much more mysticism Tom's footnotes add. Seriously, after the page with Robo-Kat Tom's "One day, Zimmy" feels really cryptic and improves the reading experience for me.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Huh. Is that an animated doll? :raise:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

DontMockMySmock posted:

That page may actually be my favorite page in all of Gunnerkrigg.

Dunno, the page where Annie tells Kat the psychopomps made her guide her mother is also a strong contender, if only for the huge gutpunch. :v:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Let's just leave it at "Tom's a genius goddamn".

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

AE-35 Unit posted:

Itchy.
Tasty.

This is the best thread, goddamn. :allears:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Oh, Annie. :allears: I wonder when is she going to find out?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Oneiros posted:

How have I not seen this person's stuff before? :stare:

They even have Homeworld fan art!

Dear god, this is amazing. :allears: I'm seriously tempted to crop Ysengrin's face and make it my new av.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

:3:

Man, I just love Gunnerkrigg Court. (Something terrible's coming, right. :ohdear:)

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Holy poo poo this page :3:

Also I'm really glad Tom is getting almost $6k through his Patreon.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Amazing.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I cannot believe Tom just killed the protagonist of his webcomic!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2589

Nuns with Guns posted:

At this point, the only thing I'm wondering about is if she'll get mad at Loup and go "I HAD IT UNDER CONTROL THE WHOLE TIME! I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING! YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD!!!" and storm off, or go "Wow, thanks for that!"

Given she's completely oblivious so far, I'm leaning towards the first thing.

ding ding ding

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

I'd much rather Tom declared an endless hiatus / straight-up cancelation like what happened with Cucumber Quest rather than whatever the hell's going on here lol

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Robot finds the body, makes the other robots think they killed the Angel/the Angel has finally ascended, poo poo goes south.

And a robot berates Annie.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Wow that whole standoff really came to nothing huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Riot Bus posted:

terrible luck, old boy

:wtc: Of all the things Renard could say lmao