Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Getting back to my long-simmering Bravely Default 1 playthrough, on my way to the Earth Crystal and the only jobs I'm missing are Dark Knight, Vampire (though the quest is open), and Conjurer. Only problem is, I'm bored of my current loadouts and don't know what to gently caress around with next (current main jobs are Pirate, Salve Maker, Performer, and Valkyrie). What should I play around with now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
woah, in VC4 lancers can do co op attacks with other lancers. that nearly wrecked me in the squad 7 DLC mission.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Vargatron posted:

*pushes glasses up nose* actually gamers, you will find that Dark Souls 2 is the superior entry into the franchise.

:yeah:

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 days!)

only beaten Demons Souls and Elden Ring

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I dunno what my favorite Souls games is. I just know I rate Bloodborne, Sekiro, and Elden Ring above them

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Nephrite posted:

I think Nowa may be my new favorite main character. I love how he does not hide his absolute bewilderment at all of these absolute weirdos he meets.

I like that every time you get a dialogue choice you can choose between Heroic Resoluteness or It's My First Day And I'm Very Confused

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Getting back to my long-simmering Bravely Default 1 playthrough, on my way to the Earth Crystal and the only jobs I'm missing are Dark Knight, Vampire (though the quest is open), and Conjurer. Only problem is, I'm bored of my current loadouts and don't know what to gently caress around with next (current main jobs are Pirate, Salve Maker, Performer, and Valkyrie). What should I play around with now?

IIRC Pirate has some of the busted moves that combo with other jobs and Valkyrie ends up having stuff that is super useful/important if you want to grind up jobs later

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Elden ring is good because it's the first sequel to DS2.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The best rpg series with multiple entries about living in the ruins of a greater world, using rituals to try and stave off collapse that themselves only inexorably bring final death to this weary world ever closer, with a robust character creator, that has the abbreviation DS, is Dark Sun.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

the best dark souls is the bleach game on ds

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Metaphor: ReFantazio comes out in october and I dont care about what struggles this game had behind the scenes and if its persona but you want to become a king or whatever complaints people have the aesthetic is there for me and Im in.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm sorry but there should have been a Nintendogs spinoff called Bark Souls.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Honestly, a little annoyed so many games now launch in the US at around 11am day of launch which means i get the game a day late instead of at around lunch time if it came out at midnight day of launch in the US like it used to.

This is the pettiest gaming complaint, its a good time for gaming.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
wait lol i may have just processed this

do i understand right that the Symphonia release on Gamecube (the Queen of Consoles and the GOAT of all time) that i played in my young'n years is still the best release? lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Radia posted:

wait lol i may have just processed this

do i understand right that the Symphonia release on Gamecube (the Queen of Consoles and the GOAT of all time) that i played in my young'n years is still the best release? lmao

Yes, and also, lol

Edit: Unironically the best way to play tales of symphonia on modern consoles is to emulate it on your series x

Barudak fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 23, 2024

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
they had to do some hosed up poo poo to get it running on ps2 and just. never bothered fixing it in any future port

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

imagining a world where every port of doom was just based on the snes version

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Phantasium posted:

imagining a world where every port of doom was just based on the snes version

I started playing Doom with the GBA version and to this day there are maps like the Chasm where I get lost because it was split into two maps and simplified for the port.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Barudak posted:

Yes, and also, lol

Edit: Unironically the best way to play tales of symphonia on modern consoles is to emulate it on your series x

i hope it isnt too audacious for me to say: lmao once again

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

symphonia release on the gamecube was insanely gorgeous, just super well put together technically
they had to do a bunch of hacks to get it running on ps2, i never looked into it bc my ps2 got stolen shortly after i bought it anyway
and then

they just ..kept it?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the next port after ps2 was for ps3. the ps3 port added more bugs. the next port after that was pc. the pc port added more bugs. the next port after that was switch. the switch port added more bugs. every port is built on the previous port and every port is worse than the last.

normally the best thing i could say about bandai namco is that they put in a decent effort to make their ports like. workable at worst. there are no other bandai namco ports i'd say are just not worth playing. most are, at bear minimum, functional. they just entirely do not give a poo poo about figuring out The Symphonia Problem and also don't care about porting any other tales games to modern systems for, some reason

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

The Colonel posted:

the next port after ps2 was for ps3. the ps3 port added more bugs. the next port after that was pc. the pc port added more bugs. the next port after that was switch. the switch port added more bugs. every port is built on the previous port and every port is worse than the last.

normally the best thing i could say about bandai namco is that they put in a decent effort to make their ports like. workable at worst. there are no other bandai namco ports i'd say are just not worth playing. most are, at bear minimum, functional. they just entirely do not give a poo poo about figuring out The Symphonia Problem and also don't care about porting any other tales games to modern systems for, some reason

honestly i kind of dig it it sounds like. i get to enjoy this weird Symphonia game in my memory, and no one else can anymore. they just get owned when they try to legally play it. as they should

also learning about gender dynamics in tales of abyss

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I think its that someone at Bandai decided at a critical juncture maintaining new content added to games was more critical than going back to the original version and maintaining its performance/fixing bugs so symphonia keeps falling down a staircase of ever more content.

It is, admittedly, an actual problem but thats probably why I'm not in charge of any sort of remake project because my solution would have been either 1) all future port collections have to include both versions, the original Gamecube and dilapidated mess of the other lineage or 2) Just hire Night Dive and make them figure this poo poo out and spend a bunch of money to have them do so.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm just glad as long as people have any one other tales game they'll play and talk about

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

The Colonel posted:

they had to do some hosed up poo poo to get it running on ps2 and just. never bothered fixing it in any future port

the ps2 is one of the funniest consoles of all time. sony really makes em like that every time

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

sounds like a rough place

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
do not speak ill of the Emotion Engine or the Graphics Synthesizer

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Poking Eiyuden Chronicles on gamepass with a stick.

C'moooon. Unlock.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

ChrisBTY posted:

C'moooon. Unlock.

"this game is not released yet, go to the store to find out when" *goes to store* hmmmmm

please mr microsoft, just unlock the game

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ChrisBTY posted:

C'moooon. Unlock.

Stupid 11am launch times. Its a tomorrow game for me now

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Does anyone know how many hours from now it unlocks?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Artelier posted:

Does anyone know how many hours from now it unlocks?

5 hours and 27 minutes from now

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
For as much as people dump on the GameCube for being light on RPGs, Symphonia and Baten Kaitos in the same year was quite the double header.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I got Disgaea 6 on the cheap and I actually think the 3D models look better than the 2D art on the other switch games, not as good as the chunky ps2 pixel art, but I was under the impression it looked terrible based off what people said at release.

That said I have to put the game in “performance” mode to not make it so choppy I barf. I assume the non switch version of that ever came out is better for this.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Save file for importing into Eiyuden if you didn't play or finish the side game: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1658280/discussions/0/3417685271701461786/

Did they release the patch they were promising?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the 3d shift is more a matter of personal taste but the main problem with it in disgaea 6 is that it results in a serious cut down on unit variety

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

TheMightyBoops posted:

I got Disgaea 6 on the cheap and I actually think the 3D models look better than the 2D art on the other switch games, not as good as the chunky ps2 pixel art, but I was under the impression it looked terrible based off what people said at release.

That said I have to put the game in “performance” mode to not make it so choppy I barf. I assume the non switch version of that ever came out is better for this.

Yeah, the playstation version runs fine and looks good. I only tried the demo for 7 but the switch version of that felt far less compromised than 6's since you could get it running decently enough without looking like you're playing on a switch smeared with vaseline.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Not sure theres a patch for Eiyuden on Gamepass, cause all it did was unpack it and start running but drat, this is a PS1/PS2 transitional era game so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Praying you don't mean the load-times.