Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Junpei posted:

mark hamill revealed himself as a zionist recently so sorry
grandia xtreme was the first step on the road to the destruction of palestine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Last Celebration posted:

hosed up, the back of the box highlights having three famous actors in the English dub.

Only two of Grandia Xtreme's voice actors have pictures on IMDB.

And the non-Hamill one is Dean Cain, so I kinda think Hamill's still the step up there.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Electric Phantasm posted:

Yeah I can't even remember the reasons for Neku being the way he is, but I do remember his character growth during the main story in way that stuck with me.

:same: Magnificent game, and one of the best iOS gameplay experiences I’ve had to boot.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Under a week until Eiyuden comes out, just wanna say that Elektra looks like she should be using a Falcon rune.

https://twitter.com/eiyuden/status/1780334390263861652

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

lmao

could we just like, threadban junpei? incredibly bad poster

anyways its really weird eo3 hd wants 1000 en to rename a character, did the other eos have that in place?? i don't think 4 or 5 did...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

eo1 and 2 did. it was just sort of a thing old PC RPGs did so its in EO. eo4 was a streamlining of the series so a lot of little things like that got smoothed over.

1000 en is basically nothing outside the early game so its not that big a deal tho

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pay money to save remains a mechanic im profoundly glad we left in the past

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Endorph posted:

eo1 and 2 did. it was just sort of a thing old PC RPGs did so its in EO. eo4 was a streamlining of the series so a lot of little things like that got smoothed over.

1000 en is basically nothing outside the early game so its not that big a deal tho

ahhh interesting, yea this is the first time im playing a pre-4 eo, minus 2U which i feel like also smoothed that over?

im still on like floor 3 too, lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

I guess it’s subjective but the postgame tower where Neku mentions it ends up relevant to the main story events despite the Another Day disclaimer, so it’d be kinda weird to have Neku exposit about how he almost went into a spiral of depression/misanthropy but his hero CAT/Hanekoma helped him process his grief properly and turned him into a beyblade protagonist and not also have it be the explanation for what his deal was, imho

Whether or not it’s really what went down, it’s not relevant to the main story, in the same sense that the secret documents aren’t really relevant either and just some neat backstory you didn’t have to read an Ultimania or other outside source for, so I guess it’s semantics

I feel like the initial disclaimer plus nobody taking about the main story when there's not really any memory erasure involved in the story, dead characters being alive and well, you being able to meet both CAT and Joshua from the main game and they outright talk about 'the other Neku' and the Game and all those events is kind of a neon sign that says that this is just a fun story using all the characters in a different genre.

Much like how Yakuza Ishin! And Deltarune doing so (probably, in the latter case) doesn't mean that they're all related to each other.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Booky posted:

ahhh interesting, yea this is the first time im playing a pre-4 eo, minus 2U which i feel like also smoothed that over?

im still on like floor 3 too, lol

yeah the untolds came out after 4 so same deal. and ill say even in the early game 1000 en isnt too bad, you can make that in 2 fights against the big lighthouse bird by killing it while its armbound (and raising a wildist to do this takes like 10 mins)

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Testekill posted:

Under a week until Eiyuden comes out, just wanna say that Elektra looks like she should be using a Falcon rune.

https://twitter.com/eiyuden/status/1780334390263861652

Man I hope this is actually good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I feel like the initial disclaimer plus nobody taking about the main story when there's not really any memory erasure involved in the story, dead characters being alive and well, you being able to meet both CAT and Joshua from the main game and they outright talk about 'the other Neku' and the Game and all those events is kind of a neon sign that says that this is just a fun story using all the characters in a different genre.

I mean, sure. But its still a world where Rhyme and Beat are siblings etc.

Like Neku's past could just be unique for Another Story like a bunch of other things for that mode but it's still a fairly ordinary backstory that I think fits well for his deal in the game. Its not like any of the real wacky stuff from the postgame.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
All you need to remember about Grandia 2 to recall it's good is unleashing DEEEP-FRIIIIIED GOODNESS!!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

DrManiac posted:

Man I hope this is actually good.

It will break my heart if it isn't.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the prequel spinoff game they made was decent so im hopeful

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I remember trying some Scarlet Nexus because it has some interesting designs and the intro presented some vaguely interesting ideas, reminded me a little of one of the few anime I liked called Psycho-Pass, but then it went into a mandatory slice-of-life sequence with the teenage girls talking about boyfriends, and I dropped the game because I have very low anime tolerance, but now I'm wondering if maybe I was too hasty.

Can someone tell me without spoilers if that game's plot goes somewhere interesting or does it do the formulaic anime thing of anime teenagers killing god with the power of friendship?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You'll probably hate it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The most anime and unrealistic thing of all: teenage girls talking about boyfriends

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Actually I understand why you'd think that doesn't reflect reality

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

You'll probably hate it

Alright. Thanks.

Endorph posted:

Actually I understand why you'd think that doesn't reflect reality

Yes those are the words I used and not something you made up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jack Trades posted:

I remember trying some Scarlet Nexus because it has some interesting designs and the intro presented some vaguely interesting ideas, reminded me a little of one of the few anime I liked called Psycho-Pass, but then it went into a mandatory slice-of-life sequence with the teenage girls talking about boyfriends, and I dropped the game because I have very low anime tolerance

This is the new 'Fellas, is it gay to date a woman?'

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

This is the new 'Fellas, is it gay to date a woman?'

(dry chuckle)

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

is there something in the water?? whats going on...

Jack Trades posted:

I remember trying some Scarlet Nexus because it has some interesting designs and the intro presented some vaguely interesting ideas, reminded me a little of one of the few anime I liked called Psycho-Pass, but then it went into a mandatory slice-of-life sequence with the teenage girls talking about boyfriends, and I dropped the game because I have very low anime tolerance, but now I'm wondering if maybe I was too hasty.

Can someone tell me without spoilers if that game's plot goes somewhere interesting or does it do the formulaic anime thing of anime teenagers killing god with the power of friendship?

first off how is that specific topic anime, and second off what anime does that last bit even happen in

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Girls talking about boyfriends is actually not an anime-specific concept, and in fact the very idea is ludicrous on the face of it, but saying "I put the game away because there was a scene where some young women started talking about their personal lives and I was completely uninterested" probably sounded too misogynistic so it was safer to blame it on anime as a nebulous concept.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Booky posted:

first off how is that specific topic anime, and second off what anime does that last bit even happen in

Boring slice-of-life tripe between uninteresting cookie cutter characters is like the bread and butter of most of the popular anime. Clearly a lot of people enjoy that kind of thing but it puts me to sleep right away.

As for the latter, "teenagers fighting god with the power of friendship" describes the plot of SO many JRPGs I'm extremely tired of that trope.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
You got a list or something so we could have some kind of idea what the gently caress you're on about because as is currently, it just sounds like you saw two girls chatting about boys and then got mad in a dumb way

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

As far as I can tell the most popular anime rn is about doing gang signs and shouting "domain expansion"

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I feel like there’s one popular anime I can think of (Frieren) where there’s even banal slice of life as a significant part of it. poo poo, I wished more of my favorite animes like One Piece and Chainsaw Man had more banal banter between the characters and less punching/visceral hyperviolence.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Runa posted:

As far as I can tell the most popular anime rn is about doing gang signs and shouting "domain expansion"

Holy poo poo, it dethroned Demon Slayer? Good on them!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

(I'm actually telling a bald faced lie the real most popular anime in recent months is

)

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A Bystander posted:

You got a list or something so we could have some kind of idea what the gently caress you're on about because as is currently, it just sounds like you saw two girls chatting about boys and then got mad in a dumb way

lol, i do
https://myanimelist.net/animelist/JackTrades?status=7&order=4&order2=0
knock yourself out

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Runa posted:

(I'm actually telling a bald faced lie the real most popular anime in recent months is

)
Yeah, I was gonna ask if JJK was still the Anime Flavor Of The Month, because I'm seeing a lot more Freiren stuff these days.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think that many mainstream popular anime have girls talking about boyfriends

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tho ironically bulma does do that in dbz

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Commander Keene posted:

Yeah, I was gonna ask if JJK was still the Anime Flavor Of The Month, because I'm seeing a lot more Freiren stuff these days.

I don't think Freiren's quite as flavor-of-the-month as this suggests, because I only just now realized that it's a different show to Delicious in Dungeon, and I'm pretty sure I hear about the latter a lot more.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Endorph posted:

tho ironically bulma does do that in dbz
The girl was going to use a wish-granting dragon to nab herself a man, she was a bit boy-crazy from the start.

DB never does explain why a fantastically rich tech genius decided that the best way to start a relationship was literally wishing for one though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

The girl was going to use a wish-granting dragon to nab herself a man, she was a bit boy-crazy from the start.

DB never does explain why a fantastically rich tech genius decided that the best way to start a relationship was literally wishing for one though.

She's 16

Perfect age to stab yourself with a dagger after finding your boyfriend dead from poison.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Deeply confused how someone could wander into this of all threads and start complaining about something being gay anime poo poo for girls

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cleretic posted:

I don't think Freiren's quite as flavor-of-the-month as this suggests, because I only just now realized that it's a different show to Delicious in Dungeon, and I'm pretty sure I hear about the latter a lot more.
frieren's absolutely massive. like it was pulling primetime TV ratings in japan.

Commander Keene posted:

she specifically wanted to wish for the 'perfect' man, not just any guy, iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

No Dignity posted:

Deeply confused how someone could wander into this of all threads and start complaining about something being gay anime poo poo for girls

lol