Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

The Colonel posted:

it's cool. it's worth both watching and reading because the manga and anime both feature stuff the other doesn't have. there's an episode of the anime where they find a box of beer bottles and get drunk and there's a chapter of the manga where they find a bunch of blunts and get high.

that's wild because it feels like smoking weed is like, the ultimate sin in Japan. I've legitimately seen more manga with characters shooting up heroin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

sorry I apologize for my rudeness,

I just saw Junpei got an 11 year which is hilarious and now I'm happy again

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
they get away with it in both by not explicitly stating what they're drinking or smoking

the author of girls last tour definitely doesnt strike me as the kind of person to like. care. so it's not a huge surprise i don't think, weed fear over there feels like a largely performative old man thing these days

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The Colonel posted:

they get away with it in both by not explicitly stating what they're drinking or smoking

Yuu also starts hallucinating so it probably wasn't weed (or the author doesn't know how weed works)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the best instance of a japanese author using weed in a story and not understanding it was nasu writing an entire kara no kyoukai story about a guy injecting someone with super weed and going "this is 10x stronger than regular marijuana." and then nasu admitting years later he had no idea how drugs worked

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Jack Trades posted:

I'm sorry but I watched several episodes of it and literally not a single thing happened during them besides a sad girl walking around a city in an oversized hoodie. I know it's supposed to be a classic or something, but what I saw hardly sold me on it.
Maybe once they legalize weed over here, I'd be more interested in a plot-free vibes-based experience.

Yeah see I was correct

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/kyffee.mp4

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

The Colonel posted:

the author of girls last tour definitely doesnt strike me as the kind of person to like. care. so it's not a huge surprise i don't think, weed fear over there feels like a largely performative old man thing these days

the law certainly takes it very seriously--did the kaiji and akagi's ost guy get released from prison yet for his doobie? over a decade of incarceration so far

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean it's hard to tell how long his sentence was because all public knowledge about his life ends right at him getting incarcerated. it's still illegal but it's been ten years since then and public perception and understanding has shifted to a degree, it's just the same problem as any other one of these things where getting old ldp politicians to budge can start to feel kind of sisyphean and there are bigger changes to law people are already pushing for

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the funny thing about japan is that weed is turbo illegal but cbt and hookah smoking are super legal. like hookah shops are a trendy college girl instagram thing

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Endorph posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1127700/Reverse_Collapse_Code_Name_Bakery/

also in terms of srpgs ive been playing codename bakery. its good, lots of resource management type stuff, like trying to decide between turrets/traps or healing items. for a decent chunk of the game you only have a couple units so theres a lot of very careful planning, feels really tense. only real complaint is some of the stealth missions are a bit too tightly tuned. ignore the reviews being 'mixed,' the devs pissed off weirdo chinese nerds.

this looks pretty good and ima gonna try it out but codename bakery has to be one of the worst (or perhaps best?) names ive heard for an srpg

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you can basically put anything weird with this stuff down to "everyone understands it's stupid but there's some guy in political power who really vehemently does not want this to change because keeping it this way is almost a defining lifestyle choice for them"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

let japanese people smoke weed and get gay married

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sorry, best we can do is smoke gay and get weed married.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

The Colonel posted:

you can basically put anything weird with this stuff down to "everyone understands it's stupid but there's some guy in political power who really vehemently does not want this to change because keeping it this way is almost a defining lifestyle choice for them"

This happens in a lot of countries. It's why it took until around 2010 for Australia to get an R rating for video games.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

babypolis posted:

this looks pretty good and ima gonna try it out but codename bakery has to be one of the worst (or perhaps best?) names ive heard for an srpg
it started out as a short visual novel about a girl hiding out in a bakery in a war zone, called 'girl of the bakery,' and the premise sort of evolved and spiraled from there, ending up at this. so it makes sense if you know the origin but yeah it is a bit of an odd name in a vacuum

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's time for me to finally play ff7 re1/2, on the Play Station 5.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

babypolis posted:

Triangle Strategy.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Whose idea was it to have the triggers on this thing buzz. What ad wizard do I have to track down to get an answer to this

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Whose idea was it to have the triggers on this thing buzz. What ad wizard do I have to track down to get an answer to this

They kept the stupid touch screen thing in the ps5 controller too didn’t they?

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

TheMightyBoops posted:

yeah that thing that i don't think anyone has ever used as anything other than a giant button

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Endorph posted:

back in the day a normal person could wind up writing on simpsons or big aaa games but these days you kinda have to be in that techbro, upper-middle class lib space to get those sorts of positions

werent early simpsons writers all harvard grads

and calling out the simpsons for not being working class goes all the way back to season 9 with homers enemy anyways. i dont think this is a recent thing

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

TheMightyBoops posted:

And the stupid speaker, OP.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

babypolis posted:

werent early simpsons writers all harvard grads

and calling out the simpsons for not being working class goes all the way back to season 9 with homers enemy anyways. i dont think this is a recent thing
These days being a Harvard grad isn't enough you need to have owned a startup that sells fortune cookies to parrots

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I am playing Morrowind and Arcanum.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

I am playing Morrowind and Arcanum.

Good games.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
I should get Morrowind up and running on my Steam Deck.

I tried following a guide to get OpenMW set up, but ran into persistent crashes on startup. Odd since the installation seemed to go smoothly.

I didn't really troubleshoot it much, so I could probably get it working at some point.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Endorph posted:

a lot of games sort of fumble the 'rear end in a top hat becomes a nice guy' type

I wish there were more "rear end in a top hat becomes a nice guy" character arcs for the main characters of the RPG Thread

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I will volunteer.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Annath posted:

I should get Morrowind up and running on my Steam Deck.

I tried following a guide to get OpenMW set up, but ran into persistent crashes on startup. Odd since the installation seemed to go smoothly.

I didn't really troubleshoot it much, so I could probably get it working at some point.

I have a pal who did some heavily modded Morrowind on his Deck last year. Sounded like it was a pain in the rear end but also incredibly worth the hassle. These days I'm sure there's better guides on how to do that on the Deck specifically.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Last night in Kingdom Come: Deliverance:

I went to the bathhouse with a local lord who got extremely drunk and told me to fetch a bottle of wine and a bouquet of flowers from town. So I did so while in my smallclothes. Then I returned and Lord Capon was being drowned by a jealous lover, but he was too shitfaced to actually get mad about it. I also learned that most of the nobility is illiterate.

Great time really.

Tequila Bob
Nov 2, 2011

IT'S HAL TIME, CHUMPS

TheMightyBoops posted:

It's a good thing they did, since it enables very easy mouse actions when you use a PS5 controller with a PC.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
"easy"

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Haptic triggers ftw

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Haptic triggers ftw

My favorite thing about the ps5 by far.

It was mentioned last page or so but I think they really elevated my opinion of Scarlet Nexus' gameplay.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Haptic triggers were cool until I played RE8 mercenaries mode where one of the stages was sped up but the haptics were still set at the normal game speed. Had to look up a tutorial just to find out the controller physically wasn't letting me fire as fast as I was supposed to be able to.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Haptic triggers ftw

They are ftl.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm driving around in pacific drive and it sounds like there's bees buzzing around over the game audio.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

The first time I felt the haptic triggers I thought my controller was gunked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the dualsense is the worst first party controller i've used in quite some time and it's also the only one i've ever had to develop analog trigger drift