Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I have no value judgement on the game itself but the lead dev is a huge reactionary freak. I think it might have been historically accurate for the specific stretch of land he chose to only be white people but he's sure made it impossible to defend him over the years.

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I have no value judgement on the game itself but the lead dev is a huge reactionary freak. I think it might have been historically accurate for the specific stretch of land he chose to only be white people but he's sure made it impossible to defend him over the years.

hmm

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

gently caress.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Nobody Interesting posted:

Don't sleep on the Kingdom Come II announcement. Holy moly they went all out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R48DEEjyS5k

watching the first minute. "wow, the graphics looks realistic"

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

GateOfD posted:

We’re the guy on the horse and the guy who came out of the church to pet the horse the same guy?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

GateOfD posted:

rtx. it's on.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

TheMightyBoops posted:

We’re the guy on the horse and the guy who came out of the church to pet the horse the same guy?

nope lol.
Even when Tom Mckay and Luke Dale came out to talk and stood side by side, I was like "are they twins?"

Maybe the guy was right about how all the europeans in that area all look the same.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Daniel Vávra

Guy was a big fan of Gamergate, has lots of angry screeds on twitter about SJWs and women ruining video games.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

pentyne posted:

Daniel Vávra

Guy was a big fan of Gamergate, has lots of angry screeds on twitter about SJWs and women ruining video games.

Kingdom Come Deliver (to the trash heap)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
this is the risky ground we trod discussion-wise when the thread for talking about grimgrimoire is also technically a thread where people can discuss grimoire

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

lujei did 9/11

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I wish the KCD lead dev wasn't an idiot but thankfully it doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the game. Henry's such a good lad in game.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The only Henry in video games I support is Hatsworth

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

The only Henry in video games I support is Hatsworth

...what?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

idk who that is. is that silent hill 4 henry. i played the first half hour of silent hill 4 and it was cool and then it became uninteresting very quickly after you leave your apartment

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

What haircut would he if have the SH4 came out today?

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Was kind of getting in a mood to play some sort of open RPG adventure with zero-to-hero skill-based progression: was planning on revisiting Morrowind but now that I think of it, perhaps revisiting Kingdom Come Deliverance would be the better choice? I really did love the way both you as a player and Henry himself get better at swordplay in unison. Could also go for something new I haven't tried, like maybe Gothic? Wouldn't know which one to go for though.

Assuming I was to go for Morrowind, is there a recommendation for the most fun build? Not necessarily going for the best or easiest or anything, but whatever feels like the game has a particular shine for. For example, it could actually be a very challenging role-play build, like some sort of potions/scrolls build, I dunno. Also while I like to play these games vanilla, is there any mods for quality-of-life or a more fun experience?

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 19, 2024

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Lol, I was riding through town just now in KCD and hit a store sign and got knocked off my horse. Didn't expect the game to have that kind of detail lol.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

FutureCop posted:

Was kind of getting in a mood to play some sort of open RPG adventure with zero-to-hero skill-based progression: was planning on revisiting Morrowind but now that I think of it, perhaps revisiting Kingdom Come Deliverance would be the better choice? I really did love the way both you as a player and Henry himself get better at swordplay in unison. Could also go for something new I haven't tried, like maybe Gothic? Wouldn't know which one to go for though.

Assuming I was to go for Morrowind, is there a recommendation for the most fun build? Not necessarily going for the best or easiest or anything, but whatever feels like the game has a particular shine for. For example, it could actually be a very challenging role-play build, like some sort of potions/scrolls build, I dunno. Also while I like to play these games vanilla, is there any mods for quality-of-life or a more fun experience?

If what you're going for is zero-to-hero, do KCD. It nails it completely without turning you into a complete godlike killing machine.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

how did Dragons Dogma 2 turn out?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

GateOfD posted:

Fun

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it's like dragon's dogma 1

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's fun but I wasn't a mega ultra fan of it, but I didn't like DD1 very much either. Definitely hinges on how much you liked that.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

GateOfD posted:

it's incredibly unfinished and full of unnecessary frustrations but gets just enough right that it's still pretty compelling. just like DD1 it's a game that's good on the average but always living in the specter of what it could be.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Owl Inspector posted:

I think you shouldn’t be allowed to have a subtitle on the first entry in a series in general. by law

Troubleshooter: Abandoned Children is an exception because it makes it 5000 times easier to search for.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GateOfD posted:

lets hang out posted:

it's like dragon's dogma 1

Basically. If you liked DD1, you will like 2. If you didn't, it won't change your mind.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

if we dont get a loc for riviera switch i'll be very, very sad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
does it even have any exclusive stuff over the psp version

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The Colonel posted:

does it even have any exclusive stuff over the psp version

regardless on if it does or not, it's one of my favorite games colly :( (I dont actually know, lol)

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
It's worth it because more Serene and Cierra in the world is just objectively a good thing.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

CullenDaGaDee posted:

It's worth it because more Serene and Cierra in the world is just objectively a good thing.

Serene was my favorite as a kid but the snarky cat is the true goated character

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Dackel posted:

https://twitter.com/eiyuden/status/1778627275849883800

"We have two important announcement to Backers:

[Announcement 1]
We have now started shipping physical version of Eiyuden Chronicle: Hundred Heroes from regions that are ready. Some backers have already received their physical versions of the game, but we are working on an additional patch for the 72 hour pre-backer Early Access to fix newly found issues and to improve the game based on feedback from the Closed Beta. In some cases, bugs may remain in your save data and prevent you from completing the game, so we kindly ask you to wait to play the game until the additional patch has been applied.

[Announcement 2]
For backers who have selected the physical version of the game, if you have not registered "shipping address" & "shipping method" we cannot start the delivery process for you. Please log in to the Yetee Store and complete the necessary registration as soon as possible."

Not sure if this applies to the steam/ps5 digital versions or just the physical versions

Got confused by my steam code being available too. I will wait until the 20th to see if there is that day one patch to be safe.

I never did play Rising because I heard it was kinda mid and from what I heard of the bonuses on the backer beta they did not sound too big. Hopefully I am not missing out on too much.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
rising is good.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the gameplay is a bit basic compared to other action rpgs but it's also not a very long game and the writing is really cool

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The thing about having many available characters is you can easily bench your least favorites whereas games with smaller available casts its often for me a sick game of including your least disliked.

Edit: The worst is when I lose access to someone I want in my fixed party due to story and then I gotta rummage into character storage.

Barudak fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Apr 19, 2024

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Colonel posted:

the gameplay is a bit basic compared to other action rpgs but it's also not a very long game and the writing is really cool

I guess I could check it out for a couple of days on Gamepass, though I don't think the save data would be noticed by the steam version of Hundred Heroes, if I even get near completing it by then (I won't)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

One Hundred Heroes is also coming to game pass day one, so you can quite easily transfer your save from the gamepass of rising

Did anyone play the Tails of Arise DLC? Does it fix the gameplay at all?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
buddy the only thing anyone had to say about the tales of arise dlc was that it added three new artes

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I'm pretty sure none of them were worth using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I thought the Arise DLC had an okay story but the combat was fairly whatever to me. I don't think I even realized there were any new artes tbh.