Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Made the mistake of looking at the steam forum for Eiyuden to see if there was any info about a patch, its full of people whining about 'woke'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Praying you don't mean the load-times.

I do not, luckily. Aesthetic and design choices.

Tequila Bob
Nov 2, 2011

IT'S HAL TIME, CHUMPS

Hunter Noventa posted:

Made the mistake of looking at the steam forum for Eiyuden to see if there was any info about a patch, its full of people whining about 'woke'.

Yep, the Steam forums are a great example of what happens when you let a-holes run unmoderated. See also: the Emerald Beyond forum.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
This is what happen when Lucca Blight. DEI.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hunter Noventa posted:

What is "woke" about the game?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

What is "woke" about the game?

It has black people in it, including a black woman who is a major character.

No, seriously, that it. The big claim is that the kickstarter 'hid' her and 'lied' and were forced to include a woke black character.

Imagine looking at this character and thinking anything besides "she looks cool as poo poo."

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

For real PS1 throwbacks we need to have puzzle dungeons and platforming dungeons that are home to random encounters.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

This is what happen when Lucca Blight. DEI.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 13 days!)

is it gonna be the battle of Eiyuden and SaGa Beyond?

Which is gonna win? Who already bought/preordered both

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
There are also some claims that the translation took too many liberties, including adding "blue-haired SJW wokeness," which probably means that the dialogue occasionally acknowledges that a woman did something important.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GateOfD posted:

They are absurdly different games aside from both being timeline turn-based JRPGs.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

GateOfD posted:

I Kickstarted Eiyuden and preordered Emerald Beyond :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

No, seriously, that it. The big claim is that the kickstarter 'hid' her and 'lied' and were forced to include a woke black character.

Imagine looking at this character and thinking anything besides "she looks cool as poo poo."

i know this isnt new but its amazing that theyre mad a game with, 100+ characters, has a single black lady in it

especially when there were like a dozen characters in suikoden 3 who were just fantasy native americans

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I bet SaGa Emerald will be more woke B)

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ImpAtom posted:

I'm thinking that her staff ornaments look dumb but it's made up for by the cute fantasy creature napping on her shoulder.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'll always remember the werewolf in Suikoden 2 who was literally just Bob from Fatal Fury.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn9bLFWYz3o

the black character sighted! She's at the front, so does that mean she's one of the mains?

the theme song vocal slaps hard.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Srice posted:

Yeah, the playstation version runs fine and looks good. I only tried the demo for 7 but the switch version of that felt far less compromised than 6's since you could get it running decently enough without looking like you're playing on a switch smeared with vaseline.

The pace at which I’m getting levels is cool, but it’s hard to tell how mechanics work together as a whole. It kinda seems like they just added 4 zeroes to every number from the other games so far.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

idonotlikepeas posted:

There are also some claims that the translation took too many liberties, including adding "blue-haired SJW wokeness," which probably means that the dialogue occasionally acknowledges that a woman did something important.

Posers not knowing the history of blue haired women in RPGs smh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the fixation on colored hair is very funny because thats way more popular and common in japan than the west. like ive seen 50 year old japanese housewives with brightly colored highlights

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

mycot posted:

Posers not knowing the history of blue haired women in RPGs smh

Oh you mean an anime trope?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
just started Eiyuden Chronicle and the dialogue portraits have this weird tearing effect when they appear. That's not intentional right? :v:

I played with all the available graphics settings but that didn't fix it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'll always remember the werewolf in Suikoden 2 who was literally just Bob from Fatal Fury.

Like to be clear, Eiyden's cast contains:
A huge muscley dude who claims to be a wizard, thinks MP stands for Muscle Points, and fights exclusively by hitting things really hard with his magic staff (which he considers a spell.)
A literal magical girl
A huge wolf man
A 6 year old girl riding a giant mysterious shaggy creature called Friend
Literal Shark People
A samurai and her girlfriend rival ninja.
A literal Beyblade protagonist complete with ridiculous shonen anime hair
A completely separate CCG protagonist and his rival, a giant insanely busty bull girl who is also a CCG player
An ancient lich
A kangaroo man

But a black lady? That's unacceptable.

GateOfD posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn9bLFWYz3o

the black character sighted! She's at the front, so does that mean she's one of the mains?

the theme song vocal slaps hard.

The game has a sort of a lite version of the Trinity system from Suikoden 3. Nowa is the main character but Seign and Marisa have their own mini-plots they engage in separately and of course the three have a "we are important main characters" team up attack.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

They are absurdly different games aside from both being timeline turn-based JRPGs.

yeah emerald saga > eiyuden, i agree

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

She was on the Kickstarter page from day 1, and the character on her shoulder says poo. whats not to like? she is cool.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Paperhouse posted:

just started Eiyuden Chronicle and the dialogue portraits have this weird tearing effect when they appear. That's not intentional right? :v:

I played with all the available graphics settings but that didn't fix it

hmm I watched a clip on YouTube and it's there too so maybe it is intentional after all

Looks weird to me but I guess I'll get used to it

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

I said come in! posted:

She was on the Kickstarter page from day 1
The secret is that most of the people involved are there for the blowup, they never cared about the game until this point and won't care again in a week.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

By the way is there any word on whether they fixed the bug with recruiting that one character in the day 1 patch? Just wanna know who I shouldn't talk to if they didn't.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

idonotlikepeas posted:

There are also some claims that the translation took too many liberties, including adding "blue-haired SJW wokeness,"

:hmmyes:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

By the way is there any word on whether they fixed the bug with recruiting that one character in the day 1 patch? Just wanna know who I shouldn't talk to if they didn't.

In Daphan Village there's a blond ninja looking lady. Just don't talk to her until you've recruited Ruifan and talked to him in the HQ inn.

It's honestly pretty easy to avoid.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

In Daphan Village there's a blond ninja looking lady. Just don't talk to her until you've recruited Ruifan and talked to him in the HQ inn.

It's honestly pretty easy to avoid.

Yeah I waiting to see if they'd fix that bug, but it seems easy enough to avoid. I already limited the game to 60fps in the nvidia control panel so hopefully that'll fix the encounter issue.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

A JRPG character with blue hair? Well I never!

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
DEI is causing plane crashes and ruining video games, it's a real issue we have to fight against

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/R3dGoner/status/1782610298152562819

the visual comparison here always fucks me up

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
the only crt i need is a cathode ray tube tv. am i right fellas

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

any idea if the switch version of Eiyuden is gonna get patched

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Eiyuden seems almost unplayable on Switch.

Well, not really since it's a jRPG, but expect lag all over the place, including the game just straight up FREEZING for like 3 or 4 seconds when you want to open the sub menu. Does the PC version at least run well?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GateOfD posted:

any idea if the switch version of Eiyuden is gonna get patched

I assume it will at some point.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BabyRyoga posted:

Eiyuden seems almost unplayable on Switch.

Well, not really since it's a jRPG, but expect lag all over the place, including the game just straight up FREEZING for like 3 or 4 seconds when you want to open the sub menu. Does the PC version at least run well?

Yeah the PC version runs great. Steam Deck is good too, with only a drop to 40fps in the overworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Radia posted:

DEI is causing plane crashes and ruining video games, it's a real issue we have to fight against

you forgot bridge collapses in that list