Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

I think SaGa and Kawazu have enough of a reputation where that harshness might get tamper down a bit? Like it lets people recognize oh this is a love it or hate it experience, instead of just jumping immediately into hate it.

Actually having a demo for this one def helps too since I imagine lots of folks will steer any newcomers towards that first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Has anyone played the original Megaton Musashi? Is it a worthwhile experience if I just want to mash super robots together while going pew pew?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Also wondering this

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Bussamove posted:

I swear that’s just the portrait from 7 Days to Die in a green shirt.

Also that refresh rate bug is hilarious and explains why the dungeons have felt like ghost towns.

Yeah I limited the game to 60 with nvidia and the encounter rate got much more frequent.

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009
Beat the ice king, but it didn't unfreeze anyone else. Oh well, got a cat! I wonder if I actually can save everyone or if you are limited to just seven.

Anyway, time to download the demo on steam and play as Cann O'Beans.

Snake Maze posted:

It’s in there, Items -> Enhance Armaments.

:doh:

Thanks! Keeping a minion alive was really hampering me, and it also turned out I had no bash resist equipped.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Another thing worth noting about Showstoppers is that the characters who excel most at them are actually Conditional-focused characters, because Showstoppers (and Overdrives) don't actually require you to trigger the condition to use those powerful actions. Especially for one-handed gun this can go a huge way towards increasing the damage they do because they have relatively low-cost/high-power attacks which are balanced by being conditional.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

hello

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

almost done with octopath 2 gonna beat up the superboss again

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Buck Wildman posted:

almost done with octopath 2 gonna beat up the superboss again

i took a hiatus on getting the true ending, for gameplay sake, I had my 4 on one team, and only using the other 4 on the other, and I finished like 5/8 paths, but Team B is definitely the more boring ones. Dancer is a bore and not particularly big on the apothecary

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

still lots to do, stories to finish and then some power leveling. then I'm gonna punch him in his big dumb face like last game

https://youtu.be/GiXS8qqKnJs?si=MQaysKaKZakmQsQ2

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

few things more gratifying than learning, trial and error, tailoring your approach and taking one of these assholes down. one of the reasons I love this genre

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Also wasn't big on the English dub of Eiyuden but it's starting to grow on me a bit

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Hmm, y'know, I'm feeling like Eiyuden might not be great at keeping track of who's in your party for the purposes of story scenes.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Mildly annoyed that Eiyuden does the thing where’s there’s an accessory that increases run speed since if I gotta pick between stats and map run speed I’m always gonna pick speed

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Infinity Gaia posted:

Hmm, y'know, I'm feeling like Eiyuden might not be great at keeping track of who's in your party for the purposes of story scenes.

That's weird, shouldn't she be unable to add to the party by then?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i feel like the regular running speed in eiyuden is already fine that i don't need dash boots unless i'm gonna go back through a dungeon i've been to before

i like francesca although they lay the joke on a little too thick

it's weird that there's no sidequest tracker for recruits

lastly, the "Kickstarter" feel of this game is superb, with all the towns having like two enterable houses, which are all copy pasted

still enjoying it though

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

i feel like the regular running speed in eiyuden is already fine that i don't need dash boots unless i'm gonna go back through a dungeon i've been to before

i like francesca although they lay the joke on a little too thick

it's weird that there's no sidequest tracker for recruits

lastly, the "Kickstarter" feel of this game is superb, with all the towns having like two enterable houses, which are all copy pasted

still enjoying it though

You get a recruit who does that.

Generally if you really feel like something is missing, there's a recruit for it.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I support Sabine-2.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

You get a recruit who does that.

Generally if you really feel like something is missing, there's a recruit for it.
they should have a recruit that unlocks all the dang closed houses in these towns so I can enter them!! they can be called Luke the Lockmaster

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

thinking about playing some wild arms after wrap up dq11. need a vote gang, 2 or 3? i played 1 last year so those two are the picks

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Joey McChrist posted:

thinking about playing some wild arms after wrap up dq11. need a vote gang, 2 or 3? i played 1 last year so those two are the picks
2 has the unfortunate translation, 3 is the more Wild Westy one with a solid TL and fun characters but i'd argue its ending is dumber and worse than 2's. probably go with 3 anyway just because its vibes are on point

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Joey McChrist posted:

2 so you can experience the life-changing localization.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
For me the font choice in 2 was the main deal breaker.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Joey McChrist posted:

I'd say 3 is the more overall enjoyable experience. WA2 is weird and ambitious in fun ways but the translation is bad for a game that already has a weird script.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Both WA2 and WA3 own. Can't go wrong

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The 7th Guest posted:

2 has the unfortunate translation, 3 is the more Wild Westy one with a solid TL and fun characters but i'd argue its ending is dumber and worse than 2's. probably go with 3 anyway just because its vibes are on point

the wild arms 3 ending kicks rear end.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
oh man this is so lame. i don't want to bring everything i've come to know and love on my journeys back through the sheer power of the memories i made with it all and how deeply meaningful those memories are to me

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wild Arms 3 ends exactly as a western should.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Extreme close ups and Clint Eastwood shooting someone

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Extreme close ups and Clint Eastwood shooting someone

Clint Eastwood spends his spare time talking nonsense to empty chairs, he's more of a Xenogears really

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

And it opens exactly as a western should. Love Wild Arms 3, really glad they just had Square Soft handle the localization.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Joey McChrist posted:

Play 1 again.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Vichan posted:

That's weird, shouldn't she be unable to add to the party by then?

You get access to her very briefly during the whole stealth mission segment.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I just noticed that Eiyuden has a season pass. Does anyone know if KS backers get this for free?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

GrandpaPants posted:

I just noticed that Eiyuden has a season pass. Does anyone know if KS backers get this for free?

Yes, we're supposed to get the dlc. Codes will probably be on yetee eventually.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

I'm waiting on Eiyuden until they release the drat patch. I've waited years already, I can wait a bit longer.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

patch for what

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 27 days!)

to make it playable on Switch maybe.

On Switch, there's a 2-3sec. loading screen before and after every battle

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

GateOfD posted:

to make it playable on Switch maybe.

On Switch, there's a 2-3sec. loading screen before and after every battle

man thats it? back in my day we had playstation chrono trigger with 10 second load times in between battles....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Meowywitch posted:

man thats it? back in my day we had playstation chrono trigger with 10 second load times in between battles....

10 seconds seems generous. It felt way longer.