Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
reminds me of the lucifer bit lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Hey, I'm also playing Eiyuden Chronicles, and I'm looking for some minimal-spoiler mechanics info, since the internet has become essentially useless for finding reliable information (for instance, all the guides that are actually copying off the same uninformed article claim that Hiro requires castle level 2, and you need to get the Palenight Mail for Galdorf from the Proving Grounds, but a Palenight Mail shows up on the floor of the mine in the shortcut tunnel that opens up leading to Ormond and you can recruit Hiro either immediately or after opening the Trading House). So, anyway, does anyone have any insight into how Star Items work in shops? Just found my first one in Treefolk Village, and I'm hoping it won't be too painful to get all the important ones I didn't get earlier on.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Radia posted:

reminds me of the lucifer bit lol

lol

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Good Citizen posted:

Is there a basic guide for starting out in the Eiyuden bayblade minigame so that I can get some basic tops without getting immediately destroyed? The couple opponents I've found are clearly way out of my current league.

You seem to only really get new tops as random drops from enemies in normal battles, while fighting opponents in beyblade gives you some quite random rewards like healing items, it's odd.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Cyflan posted:

You seem to only really get new tops as random drops from enemies in normal battles, while fighting opponents in beyblade gives you some quite random rewards like healing items, it's odd.

oh, alright. For some reason once I unlocked it I thought I'd just be able to LAD:IW sugimon for a bit

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Endorph posted:

you see before hd tvs ruined everything by forcing devs to spend 2000 years of man hours rendering horse buttholes video games used to have jokes in them

Red Dead has jokes.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Red Dead is the joke

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i think i missed that square made a battle royale with turn based combat

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest_Champions

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Good Citizen posted:

Is there a basic guide for starting out in the Eiyuden bayblade minigame so that I can get some basic tops without getting immediately destroyed? The couple opponents I've found are clearly way out of my current league.

Here is a list of all the Beigoma in the game and where they are obtained: https://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=15192

This is also the path to recruit Beyblade Kid: https://infinitestart.com/2024/04/how-to-recruit-reid-in-eiyuden-chronicle/ They don't really point you in a direction at first but the later matches tell you exactly where to go. You do have to fight randos from time to time to make the named guys play you, so try not to forget where they are.

e:

Cyflan posted:

The main story Beigoma people give you new tops that are (usually) a straight upgrade if you're playing as you have access in the game.

You can easily get to the end of the competition if you get the Seed Conqueror and Demon Pawn tops. The first is in the end of the Dappled Forest and the second is in the Proving Ground. I found it in the room where Kellethor went through the hole to hit the switch You only have to win 2 of the 3 matches to win overall, so sometimes just moving your tops around to counter the enemy tops is the key.

Levantine fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Apr 25, 2024

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

fez_machine posted:

Red Dead has jokes.

I like the running joke that stage magic is canonically real.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Levantine posted:

The main story Beigoma people give you new tops that are (usually) a straight upgrade if you're playing as you have access in the game.

You can easily get to the end of the competition if you get the Seed Conqueror and Demon Pawn tops. The first is in the end of the Dappled Forest and the second is in the Proving Ground. I found it in the room where Kellethor went through the hole to hit the switch You only have to win 2 of the 3 matches to win overall, so sometimes just moving your tops around to counter the enemy tops is the key.

...How do you continue the Beigoma main story?

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Cyflan posted:

...How do you continue the Beigoma main story?

It's in the link at the top of the post you quoted. The Beigoma quest leads to recruiting that character.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Levantine posted:

It's in the link at the top of the post you quoted. The Beigoma quest leads to recruiting that character.

Huh, somehow I completely blanked on the first half of the post. Thanks.

Tequila Bob
Nov 2, 2011

IT'S HAL TIME, CHUMPS
The next Death End Request game will be a roguelike! https://rpgamer.com/2024/04/death-end-request-code-z-unveiled/

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCV-uTRULn8

Not in the video but on the shop page, updated quick-travel pipes, a battle master to help you in combat, a hint system, and a badge that changes the soundtrack to the original GC soundtrack.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Congrats to Compile Heart for finally finding the one thing that puts me off one of their games lol

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Sakurazuka posted:

Congrats to Compile Heart for finally finding the one thing that puts me off one of their games lol

What was it?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

anime

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Roguelike

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

Apparently Tales is more generally girl-targeted so maybe that's why? i'm not sure.
things that have a largely female fanbase do not emit an anti-boy aura, especially in the case of tales, where the situation is more like 'the hardcore fans of the series itself are mostly women but a lot of guys just played them as general RPGs'

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

men can play the Tales games they just need to purchase and install the $15 anti-cootie dlc

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

What do you get in Eiyuden Chronicles for importing a complete Rising save file?

I played Rising on Switch but don't really want to get Hundred Heroes for it because it sounds like it's got enough performance issues to be annoying, so I'm debating between just getting it on PS5 or Steam, or waiting until they get a performance patch out for the Switch (assuming that's going to happen)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MockingQuantum posted:

What do you get in Eiyuden Chronicles for importing a complete Rising save file?

I played Rising on Switch but don't really want to get Hundred Heroes for it because it sounds like it's got enough performance issues to be annoying, so I'm debating between just getting it on PS5 or Steam, or waiting until they get a performance patch out for the Switch (assuming that's going to happen)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Buck Wildman posted:

men can play the Tales games they just need to purchase and install the $15 anti-cootie dlc

Anti-vaxxers once again bringing back diseases instead of just getting the cootie shot.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Buck Wildman posted:

Ahh so that's where I went wrong

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Thanks! I think I can probably live without those, I mostly wanted to make sure there wasn't an extra character you'd lose out on because that would drive me crazy, even if they just hung out in your home base making fart noises or whatever.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Endorph posted:

things that have a largely female fanbase do not emit an anti-boy aura, especially in the case of tales, where the situation is more like 'the hardcore fans of the series itself are mostly women but a lot of guys just played them as general RPGs'

that’s not true. I rubbed cooties all over the tales series

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you should have put more on arise so it was good

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think it has something to do with a combination of the music and plot not having the right vibes. Not bad vibes by any means, but not good enough to keep me engaged.

I'll try it again at some point, since it's been a long time since I last tried Abyss.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Endorph posted:

you should have put more on arise so it was good

oh god dammit but that's the newest one! noooo

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

no cooties only hootle

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

What makes Tales of Arise less good, out of curiosity? The aesthetics are great and the combat looks fun but I haven't played it myself yet so I dunno

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Harrow posted:

What makes Tales of Arise less good, out of curiosity? The aesthetics are great and the combat looks fun but I haven't played it myself yet so I dunno

I think it's pretty good and I like it more than anything I've tried since Vesperia but I also quite like most of the things that folks around here dislike (the new way they do skits, massive hp on bosses, etc).

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Harrow posted:

The end portion of the plot is just kinda bad, IMHO. Like it sets things up well, but then completely fails to stick the landing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Harrow posted:

i think a lot of the character writing is just sort of dull when thats usually tales's strength. and the bosses are all hp sponges that instakill you if you fail to dodge two attacks in a row.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 27 days!)

Harrow posted:

it looks good, the combat loop IS fun and actually makes regular mob battles fun with spamming instant kill finishers once you break them over and over.

the story wasn't bad, but isn't as strong thematically as other tale games. Other than the main two cover characters, the supporting cast's role is pretty weak and don't really help flesh out the world or story.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

shitpost answer, do you know how symphonia is a pilgrimage kinda like ffx, except ffx did the thing way better? okay replace pilgrimage with slavery and ffx with ffxvi and that's arise.

speaking of ffx, arise has the same problem with enemy variety because it also has a gimmick for each party member to use against a specific enemy type, except in the case of arise your counter for those enemy gimmicks is on a cooldown you can use maybe once per fight, for enemies who will just spam the move you need to counter.

ai party members don't jump. we know this because there's one party member with no moves that take them into the air, so they'll never learn half their moveset unless you control them.

bosses and big enemies suck rear end to fight.

most characters have a move that is just better than the rest of their moveset, so fights get really spammy or else they take forever.

there's just a ton of half-baked systems like this and the story is no different.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I never beat that indignation dps check -_-

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

my mind shut off for the combat the moment i did a sidequest to kill some ancient deer god thing 15 levels above me, and I realized i could just run from it with Shionne and shoot it and it wouldn't do anything in its moveset other than charge at me from the other side of the arena while i used the busted air artes she didn’t have before i controlled her in that fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

In Gundam G Cross Rays I finally came across a really good SRPG map. Most maps I’ve played (I did all the G Wing and its spin off levels so far) are sort of just power fantasy adjacent because that’s sort of what a Gundam is, and you have like 9 Gundam on a map on your side against like a bunch of fodder and then 3 or so enemy Gundams.

Gundam Seed though as a series is a return to form where it has a White Base stand in that you need to protect. Normally I’d be annoyed by a “protect x thing for x turns map” but because of how strong your units are compared to enemy units it became a fun game of “you can take out like 20 units a turn but more will spawn in and hopefully one doesn’t slip though the cracks.”

I’ve been on a kick of srpg’s and this game actually ended up standing out more than I thought it would.