Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
If you're getting wrecked by normal bosses in Skies of Arcadia you are doing something horribly wrong. It's one of my favorite, if not my favorite game ever, but it isn't exactly very challenging. And there are spells and items later in the game that are guaranteed revives and jesus your post reads like you really just have no idea how to play the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Whizbang posted:

They fixed the battles and just made the game overall better for the Gamecube port, so anyone looking to play Skies of Arcadia (which is excellent) should pick up Skies of Arcadia Legends for Gamecube and not the original Dreamcast version.

Yeah absolutely this. The dreamcast version is just ridiculous with the random battles. The GC version...slightly less so. The only area that is really bad with random encounters is South ocean I think, which is just a huge pain in the rear end regardless.

Also yeah, some of those bounty fights are just brutal, and really really long. The Ixa'Ness triplets and the cat guy that shoots money everywhere were both horrible to deal with unless you used the item that puts your spirit at max automatically.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
edit: wrong thread

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
skies of arcadia is probably my all time favorite game