Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I guess Shenmue and the Yakuza games would kinda fit that description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Coffee Jones posted:

Are there any other flat 2D action RPGs like Odin Sphere?

I'm 2 hours in, and I'm wondering if the combat gets any deeper.

The devs behind Odin Sphere made a much more action-y 2D RPG for Wii called Muramasa: The Demon Blade which might be more to your liking. I think a XBLA/PSN port just got announced?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Quick question: can anyone recommend me a JRPG without combat? (not Harvest Moon)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's exclusive to GS because it's getting a relatively small print run. It's coming in April because they really weren't gonna release it in NA but after seeing all the fan requests and the reviews it got overseas someone recently decided to bring it over. It's not getting a new translation/dub, it'll pretty much be the NOE localisation on a NTSC disc.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
How is this a horrible state of affairs? They're making a big pretty console version and a cute oldschool handheld version, it's win/win (unless you were counting on a XB1 port, i guess.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Heavy neutrino posted:

Exist Archive is a pretty dumb name but a spiritual successor to Valkyrie Profile is Cool and Good.

The Skullgirls devs are looking to crowdfund their own Valkyrie Profile-style game, I wonder if this new game will affect their campaign.