Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i'm not sure why the radiant historia remake lowers the obtained money so severely but it's not great(i checked the ds version and i was getting 200 bucks a fight there and 20 in the remake from the same enemies)

it's lucky it's such an amazing game :argh: at least there's a super-easy-to-farm boss fight early on that mitigates this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Saxophone posted:

Edit:. It's probably worth it to just read a quick spoiler guide on what happens in the previous games and make a decision from there. In Witcher all choices have consequences and usually the best intentioned choices wind up with the most tragic consequences.

in particular anything involving racism will end fantastically poorly for everyone involved

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

Oh? Which one?

the desert wolf, you can set up a 18-combo fairly easily and get 1000 bucks a go, it's also immediately after a node

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

It's because it gives you a bunch of new ways to get equipment and money.

not early on, which is when you badly need equipment and money

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mr. Maltose posted:

You get a repeatable and not very difficult boss that pays out 2000 bucks a go when you get access to the third timeline in Chapter 1.

i wish i knew that BEFORE i got annoyed enough to buy the money dlc

well-played, atlus

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

finished the Historia remake, still a p. great game, though the new epilogue content doesn't really match the original game's tone at all

otoh i appreciate that they added a ton of new content, and the original ending is still there untouched so it's not a big deal

i highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it or really liked the first, there's a ton of new stuff in there

e: the new epilogue does keep one of my favorite details about the original though: the most important moment in the entire story is a sidequest revolving around magical coconuts

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Mar 3, 2018

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

How the heck do you make any money in that thing? I'm only on the demo but this is way worse than DQ5 or 8, money is so hard to make.

redo bosses, bosses drop a ton of cash with big combos. the desert crows early on are an easy 1000 bucks a fight

also you don't need to update your equipment constantly, new shop equipment shows up insanely often and you can hold on for a bit. the Vault of Time also gives some decent equipment(and later some of the best stuff in the game)

if you're worried about overleveling then just shift the difficulty to Hard where everything hits like a fuckin truck

also, steal poo poo constantly. boss equip steals tend to suck but they sell pretty well(though they're a pain in the rear end to get sometimes)

e: it seems worse than it is early on because enemies drop peanuts and raynie/marco are probably the most fragile characters overall so they feel the lack of equipment more

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 4, 2018

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

oh yeah bonus props to the historia remake: every line of dialogue by a character with a portrait is fully voice-acted(except for Stocke thinking to himself in brackets) and pretty well at that, so good work team

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i fell off the Tales series at Zesteria too when they tried to make battles entirely 3d because i'm an old man who hates change

also i can freestyle some bullshit with a tech list just fine but i am absolute garbage with static combo routes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Vargatron posted:

You know you've been gathering too many herbs in a game when you come across dandelion IRL and go "hmm I need that for some potions later".

nothing's gonna beat when mgs5 came out and people started staring intently at shipping containers