Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Tired Moritz posted:

Micaiah is weird because she's supposed to be old and I keep forgetting that!!

micaiah is my wife and i'm gonna cosplay as her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mill Village posted:

There was supposed to be six Xenosaga games, so that might have actually happened had 2 been successful. That failed enough for them to just cram everything into the 3rd game apparently. Its too bad because its pretty clear where part 3 should have ended.

Weren't there supposed be six Xenogears games too or something?

Or maybe it was nine things, and I believe the game Xenogears and some book is all that happened.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I like the star ocean games but I also loving hate them because they all promise an intergalactic space adventure that never gets off the ground. You end up crashing on some under-developed planet and then it's a typical jrpg.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm glad in this day and age I can play a bravely game without silly poo poo in it

well, soon

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

so that's what endorph comes from

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Here's a big deciding factor for Atelier: Totori is the most moe

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kanfy posted:

Some good bells in that one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVa25XPMVCM

That game also had the best music track names like "Conveyorbelt for Killers" and "Sicking loving."

Don't forget Coffin Fetish

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

If I wanted to try Suikoden, I should play 1, 2, skip 3 and 4, and play 5 yeah?

What about Tierkreis.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

No they're incredibly depressing

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Are some jobs more useful than in BD?

A thing that disappointed me is it seems a lot of them were just outclassed by later ones, like Knight

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Some of the Wild Arms games apparently have an NPC that will say a unique, pretty lengthy line EVERY SINGLE DAY. And I think that's absolutely loving rad.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

they don't?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm playing an older Atelier game (Totori) and I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing. Is that normal?

It's been a few in game months, and I've got the adventurer's license at all, but I'm not sure if there's something specific I should be doing. Sometimes I go out and gather plants, or fight easy enemies. I've got a lot of the quests at the Bar. Sometimes when I come back there's a story event.

Now I know the Atelier games are supposed to be chill and slice of lifey, but I need a little bit more direction than this.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Coughing Hobo posted:

You're playing the wrong series, then, and most definitely the wrong Atelier.

I don't think i am though. I like it, it just feels like I am actively accomplishing nothing. If what I'm doing is fine, i'll continue. I just don't want to get a bad ending because I was supposed to do X but I didn't realize.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Vincent has always been my personal third wheel, if only because I'm pretty sure it's really easy to get him to 100% crit

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

If I go to the same page as you, it recommends me Neverwinter Nights and Skyrim, and Fallout. All things I'm interested in. :shrug:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i don't know anything about bof but the one with the talking samurai dog seems cool

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Reading the LP of Dragon Song is a really nice way to experience the worst jrpg of all time

I genuinely cannot think of a worse game. Experiencing dental surgery looked more fun than that dreck.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I try to play disgaea but I get overwhelmed by all the poo poo you can do pretty quickly

also the first game is probably bad now but I have to start series in order

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i wish the english releases of the atelier games didn't gut the voice acting

but hey i can't afford it either so

e: except I heard Shallie is fully dubbed maybe?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I want ciel no surge

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

meruru is cute

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Tae posted:

Star Ocean 5 officially dated for June 28th for NA.

drat shame so many people aren't buying because they nerfed panties

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I wasn't the biggest fan of Xillia but wow Xillia is a million times better than Zestiria. Zestiria was a slog for me too, from beginning to end.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Actually the best part of the game might be White Light

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

legendia sure didn't

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

hoo ha eat this

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

all of sakuraba's "overworld" themes in the tales series all sound exactly the same

dude is talented and all because his so and tales and vp(maybe?) and dark souls music all sound distinct but they really should give him some air

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Leper Residue posted:

I've been playing zesteria in short bursts over the past week or two and I'm like four hours in and I'm still getting tutorial pop up messages all the damned time. I also like how the character has an ability to discover monuments which he detects when I'm literally close enough to activate them. I also have no idea where to go.

I liked the monuments until you realize there's only like 20 unique messages and then it kind of kills the enjoyment at finding the remaining 100 or so

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

buying the collector's edition of tales of xillia got me a giant, useless figure of Milla. I think it's currently buried at the back of my closet

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I really enjoyed the repetitive garbage that Radiant Mythology was, and am sad we never got 3 or 2. But hell, looking back, getting 1 was loving weird.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Meruru is cool because she gets a vocal theme in her game? Or something

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I also loving love the Abyss sidequests because there's a long, 15 or so step one about reuniting two people on opposite sides of a war in love, and it's incredibly slow and tedious to go back and forth especially on the ps2 where the game can load really slowly and one of them ends up loving dying anyway!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Abyss was the last Tales game that actually felt like a 100% complete product to me

and since it's a 10 year old game almost that's kinda hosed

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

dmboogie posted:

I like Vesperia's characters a lot more, and Yuri's probably my favorite JRPG protagonist just because it's nice for the viewpoint character to actually be the most competent person in the party. The plot does totally go to poo poo tho, and Abyss's party is still good in its own way. I respect the "your party reallly dislikes each other for most of the game" dynamic even if it isn't as enjoyable to me as Vesperia's.

He's not even the best Yuri-named jrpg protagonist, with Yuri from Shadow Hearts around :colbert:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh I forgot about graces

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Kild posted:

which one has the best combat system

graces, still

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Excuse me, I think you'll find his true name, unsullied by LOCALIZATION, is Urmnaf Bort Hyuga

his name is bort?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

this song is far worse than pursuing my true self

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

has so5 been review bombed on amazon.co.jp yet for nerfing clothes?