Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Risen, I really thought the idea of the game was cool, but some people said that it's not that great and unfun in the dungeons. If anyone here has played Nehrim, I like that, a lot. I also like lots of loot and engaging combat, which is fun and not Baldur's Gate-ish or any of that stupid poo poo.(I also throroughly didn't enjoy Dragon Age's combat.) If anyone knows of any games like this or if Risen is that game, please let me know.

Also, on the topic of RPGs, Morrowind although subject to a lot of hatred and opinions, is easily one of the best RPGs of all time if not ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
No one can find me a game that's similair to Champions of Norrath? :( gently caress.

anyways, I feel RPGs are in a weird state currently, no matter what type of RPG you're looking at, whether it be JRPG or WRPG or anything like that.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I've been kind of interested in Deus Ex : HR because of a lack of things to play recently, what can it be related to? I've never played the original one, but have played a fair share of RPGs in the past.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I bought Witcher 2 and I still plan on playing it one of these days but the first time I started it up (I had downloaded one of the goon saves so I could get some good starting equip) I had a bunch of guys talking about poo poo I had no idea about, knew none of the controls, and had no idea what I was supposed to be doing but that's probably because of that witcher 1 save I had downloaded.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
nevermind :downs:

Brace fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 10, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So is this entire thread about JRPGs you guys hate ? :unsmigghh: