Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Dr_Amazing posted:

I played an old SNES rom that I'd like to try again. It had a really generic name like ninja quest. It was interesting in that you didn't have a preset party, but instead had this giant list of NPC characters you could randomly run into that you could fight, bribe or talk into joining you. There was also some sort of espionage side thing where you could sneak into palaces to find information, but I don't really remember how that worked.

Anyone know what I;m talking about?
Sounds like you might be talking about Inindo: Way of the Ninja. I vaguely remember it being pretty good.

If we can promote our own stuff here, I've made a few RPGs over the years, all are freeware, most are incomplete: http://superwalrusland.com/wiki/index.php/Super_Walrus_Games

Walthros is complete and about 7-12 hours long depending on whether you do sidequests. It was my first attempt to draw pixel are, and most of the graphics are from 1998. The writing's kind of painfully dated to me, but it's got a unique setting (dinosaurs, talking walruses, fish aliens as heroes) even if it's got a very generic story (find crystals!)

I'm proud of Village People: The Videogame, but the version online is just an early demo.

These games are all 8-16 bit JRPG style games so don't play them if you hate those.

A True Jar Jar Fan fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

psychopomp posted:

Also, are there any decent indie-rpg hobbyist creator focused communities?

I help run this one, it's generally focused on one specific RPG engine but any indie games are welcome. http://www.slimesalad.com/