Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Samurai Sanders posted:

Recently Wizardry-type RPGs have been the ones interesting me the most. I'm almost finished with Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, and I also just discovered Doom 2 RPG on my iphone. And of course, Etrian Odyssey 3 just came out if those two run out of stuff for me.

I wish we'd get another one of these on the PC, even as an indie game.

Claven666 posted:

:words: about Terranigma
You should know better than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

ExiledTinkerer posted:

Well...there are some things out there banging along that include:

http://www.darklightdungeon.com/ Solo though, but the dev appears to be putting forth effort. Beta version currently out there that got a big update recently.
http://www.decklinsdemise.com/news.php Incredibly long in the making, but almost done as far as "expansions that essentially redo the source and then some with much content". Probably one of the things I'm most looking forward to in this regard assuming it can make the October release date.

Demise is decent, even though it's rear end-ugly and might just be the single buggiest piece of software to exist. The other one doesn't really capture my interest, though.

Honestly what I'd like is something closer to the Might and Magic series or Wizardry VII. All the throwbacks seem to want to recreate the first few Wizardry games. And even then, all the good ones are on handheld systems. Nothing against Demise, but it's definitely amateur in a lot of ways.