Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

dissss posted:

Wait you're saying the software the G2 shipped with was even worse than what's on the G3?
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/09/19/lg-g2-review-a-pretty-good-phone-held-back-by-some-pretty-not-good-software/
http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2013/09/lgs-g2-smartphone-gets-caught-living-in-the-shadows-of-giants/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Crimson Harvest posted:

They can spy on my Final Fantasy data all they want.
They probably care more about the websites you visit, your passwords, login cookies, contacts, sms and phone calls.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Maybe you could try getting used to it instead of modifying it right off the bat. When you get a new car do you replace the stalks and dash controls to make them work like your old one?

No Butt Stuff posted:

to make sure I could fix anything that may go wrong.
You don't need to. Just use it.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Mogomra posted:

He's more just asking how to adjust the mirrors, and get the seat in the right position.
Those are both manufacturer-approved modifications and wouldn't require root.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

RVProfootballer posted:

Ok yeah, I totally get that. I instantly turned off the "have Chrome tabs as separate recent entries" thing because it is awful. Same with instances of Hangouts if I use the "share" button from another app to copy a link or picture into a text. For me, the issue is having multiple instances of each app that can be obnoxious, not that it's a list that shows you everything you've done instead of just running or truly recent things.
The worst offender is search. I can already look at my search history, I don't need to have another recents entry every time I look up dumb poo poo.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

wolrah posted:

I also acknowledge that the Nexus devices are by default the best choice for anyone interested in messing around with Android, but unless they start offering some huge increases in storage space a phone without a SD slot remains a no-go for me.
So you're saying 128GB isn't enough?

https://store.google.com/product/nexus_6p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

blocking ads in YouTube, playing YouTube with my screen off
Why would you need root for this?