Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I just rooted last night using unrevoked 3 on my Evo, and I downloaded Fresh via the ROM manager. Do I need to do a data wipe to get a functional ROM? In the Evo thread I was told to delete the cache and the dalvik cache. How do you do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

God Exists. posted:

You should always wipe unless you're specifically told by the developer that you don't have to. When you install the ROM in ROM Manager it gives you a prompt to delete your data and cache and to back up your current ROM.

Otherwise you can do it manually by rebooting into Recovery and deleting it there + installing your ROM.

After I install fresh does it come with a battery saving kernal or do you have to install another one?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Okay so I just installed Fresh and am now restoring all my apps and poo poo with Titanium... what next?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

God Exists. posted:

What do you mean, 'what next'? What do you want to do? There's a list in the OP of software you can install

I've got SetCPU, Wireless Tether, and the screenshot app. I dont know, anything else I should do? Specifically if I want to save battery life?

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

poo poo. I thought Titanium backup backed up all my homescreens too :( Oh well

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

Do you use Launcher Pro? Works almost perfectly on the backup.

Is Launcher Pro any good? I kinda like Sense.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Scrubed posted:

Protip: If you are a shitheel and steal a cell phone you should probably respond back to the person when he starts shooting you angry texts with your GPS loc in them and calling the phone constantly anytime you turn it on. This suggests possibly he's not your average cell phone user.

At least you were smart enough to hand it back when he was standing outside your car in the parking lot because you left the phone in it.

Trip report: The sprint family locator that utilizes the GPS in your phone works pretty well. 14 day free trial to recover a stolen evo as opposed to $100 claim through TEP.

What you shouldve done was have the police waiting with you.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

I've got a launch-month Evo running the latest Sense w/ gingerbread. I've been having restart problems since the last version of Gingerbread, mainly when using Google Maps Nav and sometimes when playing games. I never used to have this problem...

What would be the series of steps to see what the problem is?

I'm guessing factory reset, SD Card format, revert to non-Fresh (stock sense)?

Not running any task killers or battery savers. Wifi is off, as is 4g.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Any progress on a the 2.16 HBOOT unlock for Unrevoked?

I just realized after being unrooted for 4ish months that you can't root Gingerbread except with that revolution stuff... But you can't unroot with that yet.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

Isaac Asimov posted:

Can you clarify what you're trying to do? Are you trying to unroot and you have the 2.16 HBOOT? If that's the case you need to search for the PC36IMG that corresponds to that version of HBOOT.

Nah I'm just trying to root my Evo.

I think I'm too lazy to go back to 2.2 and flash it then upgrade to a 2.3 rooted gingerbread build.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

My dumbass posted this in the non-rooted thread, but:

For you brave souls with a Galaxy S3 and Verizon rocking CM10, what has been your ROM of choice? Or are you sticking with an ICS rom? I've seen good things about the Synergy rom.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

DashingGentleman posted:

I absolutely hated the previous iterations and really like the stock ICS/JB aesthetic and functionality. I could be completely wrong, but it all looks slightly janky and half-baked to me - s-voice, the design of their version of the stock apps, the lock screen, and so on.

Might stick with it until the JB release and see how things go. Anyone played with the JB leak?

I hated the idea of TW too but I am reallllly liking it now, there are plenty of other cool features other than the S poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

I would assume this is just the International S3, right?