Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

JayKay posted:

Is there any way on CM6 to not turn off the screen immediately when I make a phonecall? Before, when I'd make a call, the screen would stay on till I guess the prox sensor tripped when I put the phone next to my ear. With CM6, it turns off immediately when I dial.

Settings > Call settings > check Keep screen awake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

madkapitolist posted:

Anyone happen to have this one? Pretty excited to give 6.1 a try. gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip

http://cyanogenmod-mirror.local.host.name/gapps/gapps-mdpi-tiny-20101020-signed.zip

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

chomper posted:

I went ahead and flashed CM 6.1 RC3.

And when I mentioned how i'm lazy, I mean i'm really lazy. I didn't know flashing CM would "uninstall" all my apps and reverty all my settings so I restored a Nandroid backup from yesterday.

Are there any ROMs that basically leave all apps/settings/etc untouched and just affect the functionality/speed/look/etc of the OS?
Or maybe I just need to quit being lazy.

No. I have never used ROM Manager to flash a ROM, so I am assuming it wipes automatically when you flash, however, you NEED to wipe to flash a ROM (unless up/downgrading from different versions of the same one, but this doesn't apply here).

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

RexSS345 posted:

I simply cannot root my CDMA Hero on .7. I've tried every variation of the "unplug/debugging/plugin" process shown for SuperOneClick 1.5.5 here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

And it just hangs on "Waiting for device"

Universal Androot doesn't work on .7 so that's a no-go. I don't want to downgrade to .5/.6 because the dialer lag is atrocious.

Thoughts?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=804296

This SHOULD work for you, I have done it a few times myself, very simple and only takes all of about 5 minutes max.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

If you use Titanium Backup, the latest version (or maybe the last two versions) display the info as well.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

Ozmodiar posted:

Dumb question -

I just rooted my old HTC Hero for fun and installed CM 6.1. I was playing around with the sittings and noticed that JIT is disabled. Is there any reason why I shouldn't enable it?

Because it will probably cause your Hero to eventually slow the gently caress down and/or maybe give you random reboots as well.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

flyboi posted:

DONATE IF YOU LIKE IT! :byodood:

I really love people who ask for donations in their "signatures" simply for HELPING OUT PEOPLE.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003
I think I read the new Market breaks the Appbrain Fast Web Installer, just something to keep note of if you use it.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, the newest nightlies are still CM6.1.x, sounds like they might be the last until the CM7 ones hit, but who knows.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

Civil posted:

To be fair, some apps are written to accomodate density modifications, and others aren't. Angry birds worked great when I changed my density, townsmen had graphical issues, facebook shrinks up into a smaller version of itsself. Most apps are fine.

Disabling "Compatibility Mode" in Spare Parts helps a lot, as well.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

Ozmodiar posted:

This would be really useful.

I thought the On SD card tab showed which apps can be moved to the SD card (as well as which ones are on there)?

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003
I thought battery stats were in /data anyway?

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

dphi posted:

Been running an older build of CM6 on my Hero for about six months now and finally decided to give CM7 a shot. After wiping, flashing the .zip, and rebooting, the phone freezes up at the "Touch the Android" screen and I have to pull the battery to get it to reboot. I've tried the 3/22 and 3/26 builds several times with the same results. Any suggestions?

Just for reference, what recovery are you running?

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

LastInLine posted:

That's not going to cut it. You need to be running CWR 3.0 or greater to install CM7.

This is definitely not true for the Hero.

I know you said you've wiped before flashing, but did you just do the wipe/factory reset, or did you go into Mounts & Storage and format /boot, /data, /cache, and /system?

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

gaan kak posted:

Awesome, that was easier than I thought. Now that I've got CM7 on here, what are some cool things I can do? I want to overclock the CPU a bit to make this puppy feel more responsive, but not if I kill the battery life. I think that means I have to flash a new kernel, or something, but I don't entirely know what that means or how to do it.

CM7 has a built-in CPU "tuner". Just go to Settings > Cyanogenmod Settings > Performance.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

Ozmodiar posted:

So far, CM 7.0.0 seems pretty solid, though I'm having a slight UI issue -

Whenever I try to quickly drag down the notification shade, it acts like it "jumps" back up for a split second, and then continues to open. Also, the swipe gesture for Launcher Pro to open the Notifications doesn't work anymore.

Yeah, I have run into those exact issues as well (though, swap out Launcherpro for ADW EX).

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

AllenR posted:

So I rooted my phone and it's nice having a Gingerbread look alike for my G2. However I have two things I am curious about if it's possible.

First up, I am curious if there is a way to disable the trackpad. On occasions, it seems to act on it's own without me even touching the thing. I was watching a video on my phone and the controls menu kept showing up because play, pause and next were randomly being selected. I've also had occasional random selections go on without me even touching the phones interface. So I assume all this is from the trackpad freaking out. However if possible, I'd still like to keep the LED functional.

Second, before I installed Cyanogenmod 7, I was able to put my phone in Silent mode via the lock screen by sliding the left tab over the screen. Now though, instead of being silent mode, it goes into vibrate mode. Is there a way to change this?

Go to Settings, Cyanogenmod Settings, Sound, check the box for Silent State.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

Hamburglar posted:

I flashed CM7 onto my phone...and there's no Android Market on there. I know this thing is meant to be bare bones but is it just me or is this going a bit too far?

Anyway, I Googled the issue and I found two different Android Market APKs and neither worked. One closes as soon as I click it, and the other closes as soon as it asks me if I want to add my account to it.

Please someone help me figure this out before I leave for a huge trip for tomorrow :ohdear:

You need to flash the Cyanogenmod Gapps (Google Apps) zip from recovery as well.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

thisdude23 posted:

How can I unlock a Sprint Nexus S 4G with ICS?

http://wiki.rootzwiki.com/Samsung_Nexus_S_4G

I followed this and everything went smoothly.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

thisdude23 posted:

Sweet, so what's a great ROM besides CM for this Nexus S?

I actually have basically only been running CM9 since I received mine and unlocked and rooted it, ha. There's always MIUI, but I am pretty sure you need to flash an alternate kernel to get the Wi-fi working.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

The CM9 lockscreen is getting nice.

This has been really making me rethink my WidgetLocker purchase from a few months ago, heh.

Ah hell, didn't realize this WASN'T the Apps thread. Need more coffee.

I Dont Like You fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 31, 2012

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003
Good news for those with a Nexus S 4G: https://plus.google.com/app/plus/mp/667/#~loop:view=activity&aid=z12icbvhlu2aizlbt04cejrpcmjxg1hjbmc0k

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

ninmeister posted:

I was just reading about this.. I have to assume its based somewhat on ICS still since there are no Jelly Bean sources for it yet? I'm still tempted to give it a shot.

I would imagine so, but drat is it really loving nice.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

To anyone else rocking a Nexus S 4G and wanting JB now, I've been running this since it was uploaded last night with absolutely no problems. Absolutely love the transition animations and whatnot. Been running it with the JB build of the Air-Kernel (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1469842), and all is well. Only thing I've noticed so far is that if you are using NSTools to control governor and etc, the option to change governors is grayed out unless you reboot into recovery, go under Advanced options, and use the fix permissions.

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Is there anyway to remove Rom Manager from CM 7.2 completely? I switched to a different recovery but I can only uninstall the updates for Rom Manager, which just causes it to bug me for updates constantly.

You can just use Titanium Backup to delete it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Dont Like You
Jul 6, 2003
I've only had my NS4G since the spring, but CM9 and now CM10 have been great to me.