Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
I have a hard bricked tmobile galaxy tab, cant get to download or recovery mode and no detection from ADB but it is warm when I charge.

Is this the only way to recover a hard brick? Are there alternatives?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1312391

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
I have a rooted tmobile galaxy s3, what is the easiest way to unlock it for use on other networks? I was checking out the qcom toolkit v2.3 thread on XDA and they say it is not possible yet. Is it really not possible to unlock any gsm galaxy s3?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
It appears that my galaxy s3 car charger is no longer adding energy to the battery but simply maintains it and even sometimes the battery will go down 1% after being plugged in for a very long time. Why is this happening? Is this an issue with my phone or is it the charger? I am using a cheap ebay micro usb to car cig charger that used to work fine before.

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
I am trying to use a promo code on an app but the app is telling me I am using a "non traditional operating system". I am using CM10 on my GS3, is there any way to spoof stock credentials? What data are they reading to determine this?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
I think I'm having some strange issues with wifi on my SGS3. I would be 100 feet away from the router and the signal gets down to 1 bar and cuts in and out. My laptop in the same location has full signal and works like a champ. I've been using CM10 nightly releases but this has been happening to me since CM9. Anyone else have a similar experience? Is there a wifi driver you guys recommend?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
I got the mini usb to hdmi converter for my SGS3 and I'm running CM10 but when I plug it into my samsung tv and switch the input it just says "connect to anynet+ device" then times out and says device not connected. Has anyone had success with getting this feature to work while under cm10?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Anyone familiar with mvideo player? Do you know if it is possible to download the entire file that you are trying to network stream or buffer the entire video instead of just a section?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Just flashed CM 10.1 on my ATT SG3 from 10.0. 10.0 worked fine but I cannot get any sort of mobile internet to work with 10.1. My apn settings have not changed from 10.0 but voice calls work.

I hosed up and did not do a nandroid backup so I know I deserve this mess I am in. Are these mobile internet connectivity issues a known issue? Any known workarounds?

edit: VVV yes I tried rebooting (no change), flashing 10.0 (did not work, stuck at spinning CM load screen). Weirdly enough, "clock" app crashes upon booting the phone...

madkapitolist fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Dec 28, 2012

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006

Konjuro posted:

CM10.1 doesn't auto detect you network type on some devices, you'll have to that in the settings or via the dialer code. You also have to clear data for the clock app since the pre configured settings clash with one of CM's changes.

Care to elaborate? What settings are you referring to?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Thanks. I just flashed the 10.1 nightly from the 24th and everything works perfectly! No crashes and 4g works fine. This will do in the mean while... Just to reiterate for anyone else experiencing this issue. Att sg3, use cm 12/24 nightly!

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
I am having a very strange issue. I've had my ATT S3 since launch day and was able to root it/ install CM within minutes and have been using it/ installing nightlies/ etc with nearly zero issues. Today I tried to root and install cm10 for my friend's fully stock ATT S3 and I followed this guide

http://galaxys3root.com/galaxy-s3-root/how-to-root-att-galaxy-s3-sgh-i747/

I was able to get root access with no problems (installed titanium backup to make sure it gave a root access request). However when I tried to flash the latest cm10 nightly, I was getting this error:

assert faild : getprop ("ro.product.device") == "d2att" I I getprop("ro.build.product") (status 7) Installation aborted.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Edit: VV Thanks I'll give that a shot. If it does not read d2att, will manually changing it fix this problem? Any idea why this happens in the first place?

madkapitolist fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Feb 4, 2013

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
So I checked the "ro.product.device == d2att" line and it indeed does read "d2att" but I am still getting that status 7 error, what else would cause it?

madkapitolist fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Feb 5, 2013

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Thanks for the tip, I've never tried twrp before but it looks much more impressive than CWM. Will give it a shot.

VVV: would failure to do so cause the status 7 error?

Update: Using twrp recovery/ goomanager was much smoother and everything worked out fine. Thanks for the tip goons.

madkapitolist fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 6, 2013

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Edit: nvm got code from them painlessly.

madkapitolist fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Feb 13, 2013

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Does anyone else have an issue with CM10 (sgs3 d2att) where the screen is stuck at the task manager screen if you hit the home button? The only way I can get out of it is if I press back, and then every time I hit the home button it brings me back to task manager, instead of needing to long press.

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006

ExcessBLarg! posted:

There's a bug whereby capacitive and home short-presses are always registered as long-presses (which results in the behavior you describe). It usually manifests after a day or two or uptime, and once it happens, the only way to resolve it is to reboot.

Oh drat that's very annoying, is there a fix in the works?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
For some reason my att cm10 galaxy s3 is not detecting the sd card as an sd card but created storage/emulated/legacy/

In this directory are "Android" and "Download" folders. When I do app2sd transfers, it moves it here, but is still internal storage. I've tried formatting the sd card and this didn't do the trick. Any suggestions?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
There is a popping sound coming from my s3's speaker when I do certain things like click on a link or image, start an app, etc, this is happening even when the phone is muted. Any idea what would cause this?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
For some reason I can't install the latest cm10.1 nightly for my att galaxy s3, I cant only get up to RC2 (cm-10.1.0-RC2-d2att.zip ), I am getting status 7 errors in TWRP with anything newer than that. I even installed the latest gapps from goo.im. Any suggestions?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006

madkapitolist posted:

For some reason I can't install the latest cm10.1 nightly for my att galaxy s3, I cant only get up to RC2 (cm-10.1.0-RC2-d2att.zip ), I am getting status 7 errors in TWRP with anything newer than that. I even installed the latest gapps from goo.im. Any suggestions?

Vykk.Draygo posted:

You have to update the firmware on your device because you're still on ICS firmware. CM10.1 made it mandatory because I guess the old firmware breaks poo poo. You'll have to browse around XDA for the firmware or flash back to stock.

Can I use twrp to flash back to stock or do I have to go back on odin?

edit: Nvm odin is needed, I found the xda post for the recovery, hotfile is so slow...

madkapitolist fucked around with this message at 06:44 on May 30, 2013

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Im trying to flash twrp on a stock sprint galaxy note 2 (L900) and I have having trouble even though I've done this exact same thing with a dozen other phones.

1.)I downloaded the recovery from here: http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/117
2.)Flashed with odin and checked the PDA, got the "pass" and "success".
3.)Phone reboots normally, I rebooted and held home+volumeup+power button.
4.) Phone reboots into normal recovery screen instead of twrp.

Is there something special about this phone that I need to do differently?

Edit: I tried flashing with odin 3x with same results, the stock recovery comes up instead of twrp.

madkapitolist fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jun 3, 2013

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006

LastInLine posted:

Booting the phone will reflash the stock recovery unless you delete the script, which booting into recovery first should do.

Are you saying I should flash the twrp recovery.img from stock android recovery?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Is there any way to boost the wifi reception strength on the att galaxy s3?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Does anyone have the .apk for the latest google talk? Hangouts is horrible.

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Is google talk working for you guys on 4.3? I rolled back to cm 10.2.1-d2att stable so I could use it instead of hangouts. It was working for a few hours but now I can't sign in, it just keeps spinning. I tried to wipe and re-flash my rom but same thing, can't login just keeps spinning.

I have the talk apk from build 330, is this the newest one? Any ideas how to resolve?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Are there any better Rom options for AT&T Galaxy S5's other than stuff here?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/att-galaxy-s5/development

I'm running dynamic kat right now and while its pretty good I'd like to try others.From what I understand ATT locked the bootloader so we can't install stuff like cyanogenmod for this phone. Is that still true?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
I'm running the newest cm 12.1 nightly for my moto x 2014. Has anyone had issues with awesomeplayer/ nuplayer? I notice that using either in chrome with embedded videos is very glitchy, seeking is very laggy and often will lead to the whole phone freezing up and rebooting.

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
I realized I really do need xposed so I want to downgrade from CM 12.1 to CM 12.0 (moto x 2014), is it as simple as just flashing the correct rom and correct gapps package or is there something else to it?

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
I'd like to revert to cm 12 but it looks like they removed the file. Does anyone know where I can find this?

cm-12-20150417-NIGHTLY-victara.zip

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
Im running rooted stock 5.0 on my moto x 2014, whats the best way to get free wifi tethering? The app in the OP is not in the market anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
I want to swap my back and recent soft keys on my moto x 2014 xt1095. I'm running marshmallow (CM13). I tired to use gravity box but I am seeing an error in the logs when I try to use that feature so I am trying to go down a different route to do this.

I read that I could edit the sec_touchkey.kl file to swap these keys but I cannot find this exact file. I can find the Generic key layout but editing that file does not do anything.

Does anyone know where sec_touchkey.kl is located in marshmallow, or if there is another file that controls the same thing?

edit: nvm, I'm an idiot there is a "buttons and layout" section in settings for CM which can accomplish soft key swaps.

madkapitolist fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 14, 2015