Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
http://soundcloud.com/poizenjam

Amateur producer. Kinda DJ occasionally do but it's not my forte. I produce a mixture of electro and progressive house feeling stuff, and remixes- hope you find something to like!

In particular I posted a little bootlegged remix of LMFAO's Sexy and I Know it. Yup. Check it out at

http://soundcloud.com/poizenjam/lmfao-sexy-and-i-know-it

PoizenJam fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 1, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Threw it out over in the RPM thread, but here's what I worked on February. Need some more experience with mixing and mastering, but I like where I'm getting with sound design and arrangements these days.

Poizen Jam - Summer Daze

Track List:

1 - Martin Solveig - The Night Out (Poizen Jam Remix)
2 - Poizen Jam - Missing You (Original Mix)
3 - Bombay Bicycle Club - Shuffle (Poizen Jam Moombah Edit)
4 - Basement Jaxx - Where's Your Head At? (Poizen Jam Remix)
5 - Poizen Jam - Outer Ring

Outer Ring is easily the most enjoyable track to work on and create, and I think I'm going to go deeper in that direction with my next few songs.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
The 'How do I make electronic music' thread seems to give out hints now and then, but generally good critiques for amateurs here seems pretty rare. Lots of people produce these days, no longer a small club.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
One of the only songs I've managed to finish since I began my PhD two years ago. Be nice, I'm rusty :v:

Poizen 87 - Modern Day Warrior

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Just independently released my first full-length album:

White Collar Sex Machine - Voyager

You can check out the 'music video' (i.e. fancy equalizers) on my Youtube; and you can listen on Soundcloud and Bandcamp.

Used to produce under another moniker years ago (Poizen Jam), but I think I'm finally at a point where I'm reasonably happy with my music.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

I've had Synthwave Dreams on my iphone for months now. Good stuff bud!

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Starting work on a new EP now- expect it to be about 3 or 4 tracks. Going for a more dubby or minimal techno vibe these days, doing more with fewer tracks and layers. I've been inspired by the likes of Stephan Bodzin and Francis Harris, along with the soundtrack from L.A. Noire and Sim City 4. I think there's a lot of groovy stuff that can be pulled out of that combo.

Here's a work in progress tentatively entitled 'Lisa'.

Sax still needs a little work in places. Still getting use to composing convincing blues/noir vibes. Otherwise, the arrangement is mostly done. In an odd departure from my usual workflow, the sounds have hardly been processed at all aside from reverb and some parallel compression on the drums.

PoizenJam fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

The instrumental to this one is very cool- the intro reminds me of background music that might be used in Breaking Bad or something. The vocals pull it away from that aesthetic slightly but in a good way. Very haunting.

This is a fuckin’ groovy mood. Funny you used the whole aesthetic of ‘leaving a bar’ as a sound effects outtro- I’m literally doing the exact same thing with one of my tracks right now.