Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brick Card
Oct 12, 2008

Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad.
I very well look forward to the HUGE bump in profile views!!

I make drone/noise/ambient tracks.

http://soundcloud.com/delicate-anomaly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brick Card
Oct 12, 2008

Better by far you should forget and smile than that you should remember and be sad.
Did a score for a feature film, really happy with how it turned out. Each scene in the film required a track; something in between a typical pop song and a traditional score. The thirty tracks in total had to be done and ready for picture-lock in two months (since the final cut needed to be timed to the music).

Came up with a whole crazy system to be able to make so many tracks in so little time without drawing blanks for composition ideas: First, I decided to only use major scales. For the the first track, I started on C major, then moved up one step on the circle of fifths for each successive track, so C > G > D > A>etc..

The four story lines of the film were each edited to a specific song so I took the BPMs of those songs they used for temp music and made them the BPMs for all the tracks of a particular storyline. Then I came up with a script that generated chord progressions (ex. I - I - IV - V) and song structures (ex. ABACA) for me and used those to sketch all thirty tracks (and thus avoiding loop-itis).

The rest was just filling in the blanks with sounds.... :downs:

https://soundcloud.com/wache/sets/weeknight-downers