Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Here's some electronic instrumental stuff by me

What can I say? I'm pretty new to making music just by myself, but I feel like I'm improving all the time. I've finished the audio side of a 7-track conceptual-ish EP featuring the two tracks "Happosade" and "Maapallo" (artwork is still WIP, it's gonna be awesome), all the others are more or less raw demos/concepts of newer stuff recorded after those two tracks.

I won't put genres on my poo poo because, frankly, I haven't personally heard anything quite like it before (although my love of Kraftwerk is probably embarrassingly easy to pick up, I guess), it just sounds like... me. Here are some things I like, just to give you an idea:

- analogue synths
- delays
- reverbs
- noise
- ambient
- simplicity, minimalism
- loops, repetition (Krautrock?)

Everything created with hardware, no computer software used, apart from Audacity to record everything, unless you count the ever-wonderful Korg DS-10.

I'd love to hear some of y'all's opinions :)

edit: Oh yeah, if you just wanna check out one or two tracks, make it Maapallo and/or Ääniaalto :)

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Narqulie posted:

http://soundcloud.com/narqulie

I play chiptunes with a gameboy and arrange and stuff in Ableton Live.
Lately I've been delving more and more in to adding layers of vst instruments and stuff in them. My soundcloud has some finished stuff and some raw works in progress.

This owns and you're Finnish. I'm def following your poo poo.

e: Let me download more of your stuff, you wanker

Konstruct posted:

Industrial Project I've been working on for the past 5 months. Just finished the EP.

http://soundcloud.com/iio-industrial/sets/iio/

Really digging this as well. You should post this in the Electro-Industrial thread in NMD, I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to like this!

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 9, 2012