Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence
I finally decided to let other people hear my work. Just posted some covers that I work on besides original stuff. The original stuff is a WIP, but these covers are pretty much done. I take older songs I like that have NO synths and re-do them with all synths. This collection of covers is titled "Numan League"

https://soundcloud.com/jeff-leonard-415307577

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence

WhyZodiac posted:

Your tracks have inspired me to get into synths more and are teaching me a lot about getting them to sound good.

Wow! Thanks!

Your track "The Great Depression" is really good too. Good song and a good mix.

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence
Hello there.

I have added some more covers to my soundcloud...my original songs/album are not yet in a releasable state. I do a cover song when I get "stuck" on originals. I take classic rock songs and re-do them with all synths. I just like to have something that gets finished.

Anyways, please take a listen. Or don't.

https://soundcloud.com/jeff-leonard-415307577

Speaking of getting stuck on originals, is there any interest in a thread on detailing creative process/workflow? I'm always interested in how others approach songwriting & production.

JeffLeonard fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 24, 2022

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence
SoundCloud has screwed up some of my tracks over the past few days. The track starts playing for 20 seconds, then abruptly ends and goes to the next track. I re-uploaded the track, then discovered it happened to 2 more!

These are non monetized cover tracks I do for fun. Any ideas?

JeffLeonard fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 9, 2022

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence
Thanks man. It seems to be working on my end now too.

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence

I dig this

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence
My focus this winter is to finish all of my sketches and half finished songs to make some sort of weird album. Here's the first original song that I have FINISHED in 30+ years:

https://soundcloud.com/jeff-leonard...=social_sharing

Please give it a listen. Or don't. Either way, have a nice day.

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence

Dr. Faustus posted:

I really enjoyed this! It felt both old and new to me at the same time, somehow. And I dug the lyrics. Impressionistic, dare I say angry. My last new tune that popped out of me, vaguely similarly to yours, came out with this impressionistic accusatory theme that I'm totally leaving alone because it was cathartic.

Your synth rhythm reminds me a little of what I like about Nonnonchalant's tracks, too.

I'm gonna play this one again now.

If I knew how I'd put a trippy King Crimson guitar part with this. Something sparkly that Adrian Belew might play on a Strat. Or something contrapuntal with that 80's pop-synth guitar sound like, say, Roxette.

Thanks Doc! You're right about the angry lyrics. As I was writing the lyrics, I was surprised at how angry it came out...and I was writing to myself! Like you, I found it cathartic.

Thanks for the kind words. I'm going to explore your Soundcloud over coffee this morning.

Edit: Good stuff! We Face It Alone is really good. To me, it has a 70's Bowie deep cut feel.

JeffLeonard fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jan 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffLeonard
Apr 18, 2003

TV Violence
Hello there.

I finished another new track:

https://soundcloud.com/jeff-leonard...=social_sharing

This song is about my struggles with depression & anxiety (not a super original idea, I know) and has been languishing in a half finished state with just a few lyrics for over a year. I had a breakthrough a few weeks ago and then everything started to come together.

If you like, have a listen. I think it turned out pretty good.