Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

mia2000 posted:

Impaktor is a drum synthesizer that was recently released, and it looks quite sweet. Beats are made by tapping on a surface, and the device's internal mic picks up the sounds from the tapping and converts it to whatever instrument you have chosen.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/impaktor-drum-synthesizer/id557824278?mt=8

It's a lot of fun, but really only works well when using headphones. Otherwise you get feedback loops and whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FLX posted:

Propelleread's Figure got updated with AudioCopy and WIST support :)

Just grabbed that last night, it's fairly limited but very cool for what it does. Lot of fun to dick around with.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

magiccarpet posted:

Borderlands Granular Synth is out, and it kicks rear end. Its also kicking my iPad 1's rear end, sadly.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2012/10/17/borderlands-granular-synthesizer-for-ipad-now-available/#more-43546

Aside from the absolutely retarded decisions made in terms of sample import, this app is cool as can be.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Audulus just came out, and it seems pretty drat cool so far.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Spectrum Analyzer has dropped from $15 to 99 cents, no idea how long it will last.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I will do all of those things.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I hopped on it the second I saw it drop. It's excellent, and I've been pestering Facebook friends to buy it too. I've only had about thirty minutes to mess around with it so far, but I plan to get considerably deeper into it this weekend.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
If you're interested in loving with live sampling, I would heartily recommend Werkbench. It's got a unique interface that looks weird at first, but it's really cool once you get used to it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FLX posted:

Wow! I didn't know Werkbench "werked" like that! I guess I'll check it out as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pg1EIkCbVc&t=58s

Yeah, the guy who makes Werkbench uses the thing like a virtuoso. It's a really simple app on the surface, but once you start messing with it you find that you can do some pretty insane stuff with it. I use it more for sampling found sound stuff, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVw0N4V9M-Y

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chg4KtmciAw

But nowhere near as good.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Nov 11, 2013

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CAT rear end now!!! posted:

drat, ALL the Korg iOS apps are 50% off until Jan 1st :stonk:

e: iMS-20 and iElectribe you're finally mine :getin:

Not even remotely tempted...because I bought them all long ago.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FLX posted:

It's almost exactly like the Electribe ER-1 (mkII) hardware drum computer, which I actually bought after having so much fun with iElectribe. I think it's a really versatile instrument and it's cool that it lets you record knob movements into its sequencer!

Yeah, the automation is the bit that really makes it shine imo.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Animoog is apparently half price again, but I'm guessing almost all of us own it already.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Eegah posted:

My current music process:

* Come up with a bass line or chord progression in my head and say "hm that seems neat"
* Fire up Caustic or BM2 and a synth, try it out
* Think about what to do next with it, declare "music is hard"
* By this point I've bought like, three new synths to gently caress around with
* Save phrase as "Idea 140325 01.bm2" and never touch it again.

I don't know why this whole music thing brings out the ADHD so hard but drat. I think perhaps it's because I'm still in the stupid newbie phase and I'm still learning how to get that sound on synths, develop melodies and everything all at once and I'm not concentrating on any specific task.

For me what really helps is to put it all on my ipod and keep it in regular rotation. At some point I'll hear a track pop up and just suddenly know what comes next for it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

A Winner is Jew posted:

I'm also debating between Lemur and Mididesigner to use as a control surface for my hardware synths/effects and DAW so opinions on either one of those would be great.

If you're using Logic, Logic Remote is pretty nice. Probably not as flexible as those others but it does most of what I want it to do right out of the box.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

loga mira posted:

iElectribe is still a good drum machine that's not just a bunch of samples.

Yep, and I love the way automation works in it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

gently caress Your Website posted:

Animoog is a must-have imo

Yeah. The interface design is great, and I actually think it's easily one of the best-sounding iOS synths as well.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Samplr is so good it's insane

Can't be stressed enough. Everybody always talks about the great synth apps on the iPad, but there are some amazing samplefuckery apps out there that I just love.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thanks but I've already got an amazing organ. :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Best thing about the Moog apps is that they work with the Seaboard Rise now so you can go apeshit with your MPE-boner

• Locked thread