Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Would a spring steel bed be better than the stock style?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

Standing them up will definitely reduce surface area but it will also take a lot longer time to print.

If you think about it, a cylinder stood up on the side already has minimum surface area.

You know what takes longer to print? Half a dozen failures.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

That 3dsets RC Jeep/beetle/landrover has plates of parts arranged to fit standard prusa build plates, which is the same size as the ender 3. It's become a defacto standard size and I bet there are other things designed for that size plate.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Nerobro posted:

No they're not. The ender build plate is 235mm square, and the latest Prusa is 210. But if you're building for "prusa" you're really limited to 200x200 It's a rather significant difference. Also, I have several things that I bought that were "pre set for prusa" and they definitely don't play nice on the ender 3.

THAT SAID, if you want to print "anything easily" you need a bed bigger than 200x200, becuase of the prusa legacy.

My mistake, I didn't check.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

More like a Toyota Corolla.

Yeah in car analogies Mercedes is not generally a compliment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Stocking spare parts for consumables (and nozzles are a consumable) is one of those things that needs to be in the OP whenever a new thread is made for this (if it isn't already).

So who's got the spare thread?