Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vibur
Apr 23, 2004
Anyone have an opinion on or experience with the BIBO2 Touch Laser? I haven't found much but what I have found has been good so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibur
Apr 23, 2004
Any recommendations for a translucent filament? I'm looking to do a little LED diffusion.

vibur
Apr 23, 2004

biracial bear for uncut posted:

What retraction speed are you using? Here is a screencap of the default profile for PETG that was shared with the group on FB.
Which group would that be?

vibur
Apr 23, 2004
...when the Kwisatz Haderach takes up 3D printing.

vibur
Apr 23, 2004

techknight posted:

Got a new test running, if it works okay I'll clean out all the dust and loose plastic and get some buildtak for the build plate.
Good luck. We have a Z18 here and it's a piece of poo poo.

If I use Makerbot PLA and get very, very anal on the settings, it might look passable but not enough to present externally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibur
Apr 23, 2004

eddiewalker posted:

Officially, Autocad is a 2D CAD package with 3D features. You might steer your dad toward Fusion360, which is meant for 3D from the start.

Its from the same people, so maybe his skills will overlap. The fact that F360 is free for hobbyists means it’s very popular for 3D printing and there’s a ton of knowledge around.
This. Especially for someone already familiar with Autodesk products.