Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Democratic Pirate posted:

Oh and GRRM I can't comment on because I stopped reading ASOIAF 50 pages into the second book because I had no time or inclination to dedicate myself to the series.

That's OK. Neither does GURM anymore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

It always amuses me that there are people who sincerely want more of George R.R. Martin's books. It's not going to be worth it.

I don't disagree that the end of ASoIaF will be unsatisfying but I do legitimately like the Dunk and Egg stories. I'd like him to finish so he can move on to writing some other (hopefully non wild cards) stories.

I actually feel similarly about Rothfuss. I'd like him to finish this juvenile high school fantasy story and see if his life experiences have improved his storytelling at all.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

They're very much not. Notice that despite having so much time, no fan of the books has managed to state why the books are entertaining.

People like them because they're bad, like with Rowling's stories.

Were you at no point entertained when you wrote up your chapter by chapter criticism of why the books were bad?

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

ulmont posted:

It won't. Rothfuss is having too much fun being a Celebrated Fantasy Author.

He seems to be speed running GRRM. We will get the conclusion in a poorly paced TV series.

• Locked thread