Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Affair
Jun 26, 2005

I hate snakes, Jock. I hate 'em!

Smoking_Dragon posted:

I have to make a DVD out of some training sessions I video taped. I work at a construction company and the DVD will be for maintenance workers so it will be pretty simple. I'm looking for something that can do DVD menus and isn't overly complex.

Which platform? Mac or PC?

On a Mac, iDVD is pretty straightforward, just drag and drop your media onto the premade templates and it does most of the work for you. With a little practice, DVD Studio Pro can get some great results, too, and is not at all complicated once you understand how everything needs to be connected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Affair
Jun 26, 2005

Other than a mini-dv camera. When my Canon XL2's deck went on the fritz, I vowed after getting it fix to do all my capturing with a consumer grade Canon ZR900. Does everything I need it to, and thankfully spares my XL2's heads.

The Affair
Jun 26, 2005

The gist seems to be "Not yet." At least they realize that there is growing dissatisfaction in their user base.

The Affair
Jun 26, 2005

They probably need you a lot more than you need them, so you might try calling up the producer and explaining that they can scream and insult paid crew all they want, but when it's your free time you're donating they really ought to respect that boundary more.

Don't be confrontational, always spin it positive "I really want to finish this movie, but.." etc.

Or, alternatively, just walk away. All any of us really have is our time, and you're not under any blood oath to give it away for free just cause you started work on something that has drastically de-evolved in to drama. Are they treating any of the other crew like this?

The Affair
Jun 26, 2005

FreudianSlippers posted:

Anyone got any advice on creating slitscan stuff like the tunnel from 2001 in After Effects?

I've been trying to find tutorials and since I'm pretty inexperianced with AE I don't really know enough to figure it out on my own.

I took some close ups of one of those multi-coloured LED fans. I might be able to just render a small slit of that and then stretch it out and apply some 3D to it. I could also just use a still picture but I can't figure out the 3D camera.

I took one of these fiber optic lamps: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...YWGBJWT86BDDD2N

and put it on a spinning record player. Brought that into AE, duplicated the layer, positioned, etc.

Here's it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwex9Va7fa8&t=103s That video has other weird effects with the same lamp.