Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

New job is still rocking it, tomorrow is Friday, and summer is almost here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Chelsea won this afternoon! Made dinner for friends without drama this evening. Watched two great movies while getting poo poo done tonight. Nothing to do this week but read and write. Just a question of willpower...

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Felt sick during work but was hella productive, and had a good chat with my boss in which he told me he'd teach me everything he knows (which, after reluctantly putting up with bullshit "need to know" policies is like the heavens opening up). Made homemade nachos with the wife, cleaned like a madman, and then went on a spur-of-the-moment errand to Target to get a new router since the old one kicked the bucket. It works great.

Tomorrow we get to go to her school's prom in the City and have a picnic with our friends on Sunday!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Notified this morning that a friend of mine is finally getting let out of prison after several miscarriages of justice in the last seven years. Had a pretty productive but relaxing day of work and set myself up well for tomorrow while the boss is gone. My wife - a teacher - is two days away from summer. Got tons done tonight while watching the Thunder (and the Dodgers) win, and got a nice card in the mail. And after speaking with our neighbors on Sunday, they have chilled out a LOT. It's weird not to have anything - anything at all - about which to complain. But birthday weeks are always awesome, and a good time to check my attitude for the other 51 weeks of the year. :D

Christe Eleison has a new favorite as of 06:04 on Jun 13, 2012

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Another hella productive day at work, more soccer and sunshine tomorrow, great weekend taking shape, and learned that the loud neighbors are moving out in two weeks!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

theHUNGERian posted:

Today I completed my PhD work.

While this in itself is already awesome it is even more awesome because I never finished high school.

I would love to hear how this happened!

Content: drove 18 hours and nearly 1,000 miles this weekend - which is nice to know is possible - and saw family and friends, hitting up two Father's Days, a wedding, and a birthday. So good to be back home, loaded up with a few more baked goods than we can handle. Baseball games, another birthday, and plenty to keep me busy this week!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Wife left early this morning for a quick trip home, so I got to sleep in, watch football, gently caress around on the forums, eat a whole pizza by myself, go to the store to browse, clean the house a little, and gently caress around on the forums some more. I have work tomorrow, but the boss is back from a two week vacation and I have a little money for the cafe downstairs if things get too slow.

It has been a brilliant ten days.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Happy birthday MD!

My boss is finally back and today was much more enjoyable as a result. Had a good night once I took ownership of it and had a nice walk instead of being a hermit. Going to eat sweets and should be able to sleep at a decent hour too.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I've read a bunch, eaten a lot of sugar, and managed to be productive as well. Soon I'll head out to join old friends I haven't seen in ages for dinner at a new restaurant. It's true that everybody's working for the weekend.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It's Fall!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

CrackSpider posted:

Did you know there are pumpkin pie flavoured Poptarts? Oh my god you guys.

That does it. Hypertension for me. I see where you got your username.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Contrary to my last post, I've eaten less and healthier the past couple of days and felt much better after doing so, even though it's only a small change. Work was stressfree today and tomorrow my boss and I are actually moving into an office from our temporary cubes. I'm also looking to go back to school soon and tonight realized the scope of applying and the work I need to do, which is exciting and helps me feel like my plans are more fleshed out.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It gon' rain!

I love the rain.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

^Happy belated birthday, Forceholy!

We didn't get rain this week while the rest of the state did. So, it's a beautiful morning and the hardest thing I had to do this weekend - a dentist appointment - took all of 45 minutes. A little business now, a lot of football and a party later, and plenty of glorious free time before Monday morning.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Today was super productive and instructive and I realized when it was over that every day, even weekdays, could be like this if I learn not to let little obstacles slow me down and turn off the TV/social media more often.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

A good three days actually. Work has been wall-to-wall insane and super rewarding and makes me feel integral to something bigger. Even getting more comfortable with my coworkers.

Just nice going home and being able to point to your accomplishments. Being low on the totem pole, though, I'm trying to be mindful of how to carry myself!

The wife and I have had the opportunity to go out twice this week and said "yes" both times despite a lot of debating. Had a lot of fun, aren't dead yet, and are very much looking forward to the same when the holidays roll around.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Slept in while listening to the rain, wrote my long-lost cousin, watched my wife's football team beat their crosstown rivals for the first time in years, drank hot cider while re-reading The Catcher in the Rye.

The day's barely half over and it has been divine.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Finally getting over my cough - sporadic but less annoying - and resting a ton this weekend. Slept, watched movies, and went to a Dickens festival with my wife and good friend.

A lot of contentment after a heavy workweek and before two more.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Miracles basically happened at work and everything looks on course to be settled before the holidays. Had a nice slow night and looked after myself (my body had been complaining a lot this week). Plenty of good entertainment this weekend (dinner with friends Friday, Hobbit Saturday, Packers-Bears Sunday) interspersed with holiday preparation.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It could have been a crazy workweek and so far it's been smooth. Have even had guests drop by with goodies for our department.

I'm doing a dental treatment that has been relatively painless. I am still battling a cold but it is only an inconvenience. Went Christmas shopping tonight for a special ed student and had a blast.

These next few days will be nuts, but I have so little to complain about and so much to be thankful for, whatever I might say to the contrary.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

More of the same. Cold was finally beaten, felt great all day, got tons done and what wasn't done didn't really matter too much anyway. As long as we don't get blown off the roads tomorrow, wholeheartedly expecting more goodness to cap the week.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Week started out rocky, especially because Monday was a long day and last night we called, waited three hours for, and finally met with a plumber about our apartment's strange-acting toilet and didn't get to bed until midnight as a result.

But work went well today, we won our last battle with Kaiser over a prescription needing transferral, and I was able to get started with my online class that just kicked off.

Also I noticed that just by eating slightly less and walking slightly more, I have lost four pounds this week. And just now realized that the new strange noises coming from our toilet is just a new valve working way better than the old one ever did. Hallelujah.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Spent an awesome weekend with my sister, who seemed chipper this morning before she left (she had been slightly moody). Felt physically much better after a rough couple of days, got into work to see that our boss gave everybody bonuses for a good year and - probably not unrelated - every project and every small job just seemed to fall into place throughout the day. Got home and was actually able to focus on the schoolwork that needed to get done. Feels like Spring is coming early.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Everything at work was a problem yesterday; everything worked out extremely well today. Had a lot of energy and my mind-mouth relationship was functioning a lot better than usual. Also met a new coworker as well as a new account manager from a vendor, both of whom seem very nice and easy to work with.

I am now eating Chinese food and drinking coffee and browsing the Forums while on the town because my wife has her girlfriends over. It's bliss.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

An incredibly satisfying day at work, busy and exhausting but I kept it together and it paid off. More of the same tomorrow.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Living like a bachelor while the wife is away, and getting poo poo done (just finished our taxes)!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Coronet XX posted:

Which one is it? Getting poo poo done is about as far from the bachelor life as possible, bro.

That's a great point. I'm sticking with the literal definition. If I truly lived the bachelor lifestyle this weekend, the next few days would be hell for me.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Awesome week, actually. Was with my folks last weekend, eating well (read: out) and doing fun things like watching movies and basketball.

Mother-in-law was here for the last few days and we also ate well and did fun things like watching movies. Since my wife had to leave early this morning for a social engagement, I spent most of the day with her mom, which went exactly as expected (read: hanging out in our own spaces, getting poo poo done, until we got hungry and wandered to the mall for lunch and browsing). She left early, too, realizing we still don't know each other well enough to make a true day of it.

Now I have been browsing the Internet and watching cartoons for the last four hours, realizing that I really wanted more R&R because I am in a bit of a rut at work and need to gear up to take on an upcoming exam and various other projects. It is glorious.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Slept in, sorted out car insurance two towns over, grilled some sausages, took a walk in the sun to get Slurpees, finished a final exam while listening to baseball, booked a flight and a hotel for two separate weddings, and chilled out watching Psych to top it all off. Tomorrow, I think, will be just as nice.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

It was a productive weekend, and my car got fixed, but I've been strangely freaked out by nothing in particular since yesterday morning, and my stomach has been upset and my mind frazzled. Some of it has been my apartment being weird, and some of it has been having to do things that I didn't want to do (go to church yesterday, help out at a golf tournament tonight) and worrying about family matters.

Well, everything has gone well; maybe it just took going through it. Church was inspiring, my body felt better after getting done with work today, and the golf tournament was great -- hard work and lots of fun with good people. And it sounds like family matters, while not entirely resolved yet, will go well.

I've now been sitting at home for two hours doing gently caress all and feeling great, and it's been glorious. My mind needs to settle down sometimes.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Played some good slot machines this morning, had Togo's for lunch, finished my final exam (and my class for the quarter), and don't have to deal with a BART strike tomorrow!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Vacation. Personally productive, refreshing, and restful. Even opened my work email briefly, said "gently caress it," and closed it back down.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Yesterday was full of college football and today I was inspired to take my to-do list more slowly, torpedo my Twitter account, and start reading an interesting blog series instead of continuing to tell myself I'd get around to it. I am no longer irritable, as I was earlier, but instead very content.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

We won a dang game, and it's been a beautiful, productive autumn day besides.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

I was sick today but went into work, took the reins of my new job for the first time, and didn't totally suck at it! My trainer says I'm actually faster than typical. Then my wife brought me soup, snacks, and vitamins and left me on the couch in front of a Simpsons marathon. :3: