Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

GiggidyGoop posted:

Got to do an hour of voice acting for a videogame. A good one!

Hey, congrats! The game I did voices for recently was released, and I saw today that we got some good reviews on the voice acting! (we got a few mediocre ones too, but I am focusing on the positive)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

My wife got a raise out of the blue! Woooo!

And her boss is talking about wanting her to take over as the head partner of the firm when he retires next year - it's crazy, she has only been at this firm for a year and a half!

Very exciting stuff, and awesome to see her getting recognized for being so great at what she does. It's such a nice change from the last place she worked, where they were all about tearing her down and belittling her work so that they wouldn't have to pay her more.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Today is my last day at a job that I have been dying to leave for a year now. I have been here 5 years, and I am very excited for the next phase of my life!

Plus, everyone has been really nice about me leaving - I have received lots of emails and messages from people saying they will miss me, and they have arranged a party after work today. Hooray for nice coworkers!

And the best part is, after leaving this job today and before I start my new job, my wife and I are taking a trip to Italy. I cannot wait!

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

My friend has been in the ICU on a respirator for the last week, he contracted a very rare immune system disorder that is destroying his body from the inside. He went from healthy to death's-door in 2 weeks.

But today he was off the respirator for 10 hours, the drugs seem to be working and if he can do another couple days off the respirator without his numbers dropping, he can move out of the ICU!

Also, for the first time in weeks he has been off the pain meds, so he was able to write notes to me and his family and other friends, it was great. He can't speak yet because of the tracheotomy, but he is improving daily. Go buddy go!!!

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

I bought a baseball bat and batting gloves, so I can go to the batting cages and start practicing and then playing baseball again! I loved playing varsity, but I haven't played since early college (13 years now, wow)...looking forward to getting back into it, and it will be good exercise too.

Plus, I have a cool new bat!

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Plenty of awesome things going on this week, and just got YOTJ'd today after 2.5 years of waiting! :woop:

What is a YOTJ?

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

It's election day and I have a nerdy love for voting and elections. Get your America on!

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

I saw a squirrel digging in our garden this morning, which reminded me that we still had carrots in there which needed to be picked. So I went and grabbed a nice haul of carrots, but the last one I picked was HUUUGE!

It weighs 14oz and is ridiculous! I laughed out loud when it popped out of the ground.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

AltoidsAddict posted:

My day has not been awesome. I have had one of the saddest days of my entire life in the midst of the scariest month of my entire life.

Sorry to hear that - hope things get better!

My day was awesome today because I got several large paychecks in the mail for projects that I recently finished. Hooray paychecks!

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

I started my own company a year and a half ago, and this week I learned that we are part of the finalist group for a contract with a huge new client that could completely change the course of the business! I now have to scramble to put together a ton of stuff for a presentation later this month.

Also, we put an offer in on our first house last night.

Exciting week! Stressful, but very exciting.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Huge unexpected tax refund!

My wife and I are owners of our own businesses (I have been doing it for 5 years, this is her first year as owner). Since it was all new this year, we didn't realize that we were both paying more than we needed to, and in our meeting with her accountant today we found out we are getting a big refund!

It's really because we were dumb/didn't know what we were doing and erred on the side of paying too much, but still - great news to get!

Also my 1 year old just learned how to say "woof woof" when asked what sound a doggie makes. :3:

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

His Divine Shadow posted:

I had forgotten the voice of my grandfather. I did not know I had, but last night I got back from a digitizing service, a cassette from the early 80s and a video tape form 1988 that had been lying in a cupboard. So I got to see and hear my granddad again for the first time in over 20 years, he was playing with my cousin who was just a baby then, I was 7 in 1988. He had a good hand with kids.

This is a photo of him, he was a dairy farmer, like small time, had 10 cows, a few pigs and hens for their own use. You were able to get by in that day with such a small farm.

I hope he doesn't mind me showing his face to the internet.

This is really cool, congrats on that find.

Last year I found a VHS of my grandpa as well, giving all the kids a hug, and it was a great experience too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

-Zydeco- posted:

A little belated, but I just got back from the last trail maintenance trip of this season to the Grayson Highlands in VA.

-snip more awesome pics-

Love everything about this!