Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
From the Guardian comments, defending Tevez refusing to go on as a sub against Bayern:

quote:

But maybe what he says is true? That he was not feeling mentally right to play? That he'd been fighting on the bench, maybe with Zaba, and wasn't up for the task. That he felt that when he'd go to the pitch he might kick someone and get a red card. It can happen. He's not nearly as talented as Maradona was but his psyche is the same. He could have gone on and kicked a few Bayern players, the ones who humiliated La Albiceleste in the World Cup. Seeing them makes me angry, still. Especially Muller and Schweinsteiger. If they were here in front of me, I might do the thing that the You are the Ref folk used to do to Gary Neville. And I'm not as hot-headed as Tevez.

He does have that brutal honesty. He is what he is, and a street player, and a street fighter. Maybe what he said was true. Seeing Germany 2-0 up made him remember the most traumatic experience of his career -- and of my life as a football fan.

Yeah, you should be a professional and rise above it, but he was honest with Mancini, knowing he'd not be able to do a good job.

Now, I don't know whether this is what happened, but it might have. That game in South Africa broke my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
As you can imagine, the most obnoxiously smug united website in the world is taking their loss very well:

Clint-iamyourpapi posted:

Its all Phil Jones’s fault, we won the league before he joined, then we lost it as soon he started to play.
Giggs is also to blame because he is old.
Welbeck is also to blame because he only scored a little bit and at 20 should be doing better.
Mike Phelan is to take full blame on behalf of management, he should have done better.
We would have won the league if Sneijder was fit for at least half the season.
Park is crap, lets buy Messi now that Guardiola is gone.
Scholes should retire and Pogba should play every game.
We lost the league because Feggie was in Germany watching Kagawa instead of preparing to win the league and helping out Mark Hughes by loaning him Rio and Vidic.

ak47 posted:

T’S ALL WAYNE ROONEY’S FAULT.

HE HELD THE CLUB TO RANSOM. HE DECIDED TO SHOW ILL-DISCIPLINE OVER CHRISTMAS AND GO FOR A LATE NIGHT MEAL DESPITE THE REQUESTS OF THE CLUB FOR PLAYING STAFF TO INSIST ON NO LATE NIGHTS.

THE oval office GET’S SUSPENDED AND DROPPED FOR THE GAME AGAINST BLACKBURN WHICH WE END UP LOSING, A GAME WE WOULD NOT HAVE LOST HAD HE PLAYED.

BLAME THAT oval office, HE EARNS £250K A WEEK AND PRICKFACE SHOULD TAKE ALL THE BLAME

gaz posted:

morning rom! been busy working my loving rear end off over the last weeks hardly anytime to post!

Well the loving bitters finally bought themselves a premier league title i dont have it in me to say well done mainly because of my disdain to towards that cretin Summerbee what a loving prick loving spongebob square pants looking oval office hate that prick cranky stuck up bitter twat. Liam Gallagher is another reason oval office! Why doesnt he cut that pissy faggotty haircut oval office. poo poo loving music poo poo act and why the loving does the hard as pants twat walk around like he has a loving shovel shoved up his hole? wanker! what was with that female scarf around his neck? might explain why the prick has an Ugly womens face. loving hate that shark boy oval office Nasereri “i made the right decision” eh being paid double what you were on had nothing to do with it you loving ugly teethy frolicking loving wanker your a ponce and glad we didnt get you last summer dive into the loving sea with Mike Spongebob Summerbee you loving ghosty sharky faced cock!
Joey Barton you gay faced poof now dont get me wrong im glad you got stuck into the troll from the hole and with Spikey Blockhead Tearo but you are mentally loving slow did that loving Quiff of a thing you call a barnet get lodged in your brain? gently caress off back to boardwalk empire you dispicable human worsting you can Join John the oval office and luis the racist in sperm that rolled down yer mothers leg bracket! gently caress OFF CITY gently caress OFF CITY gently caress OFF CITY, Keep our trophy warm we will be back to collect it soon. CUNNNNNNNNNNTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sandeep1978 posted:

as expected,

a United defeat and i m on leave from office the immediate day..

that has been my pattern this season,

gently caress job, i would quit anything for my beloved club..

In all fairness some are being pretty rational, on the other hand :qq:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Ninpo posted:

gaz has a point about Liam though :xd:

I do like "gently caress off back to boardwalk empire"

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
A team of Etonite super geniuses are the bad guys in any football movie, whichever way you look at it.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Frank Lampard is going to kill himself after three weeks with that lot, and he loving played for Chelsea.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

jre posted:

lol

advanced

stats

orange counts for a rangers victory imho

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

give Cech his helmet back he probably needs it!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
test results indicate your child Brioche needs a blood centrifuge as soon as possible, click here to purchase

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Peak Ronay was reached at the City-Napoli write-up:

At times watching City rack up 39 goals before the end of October has felt a bit like stumbling across some wild inter-village tomato throwing contest, an autumn glut, all juice and drooling excess.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Here it is boys, an anime fan's subs vs dubs argument but for calcio:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/these-football-times/2018/jan/25/italian-football-premier-league-serie-a-language

YuGiOhJosh posted:

Having all these games on TV is amazing but, in the same way that the coffee from my Italian espresso maker never quite tastes as good at home, these football matches are lost in translation. Something is missing, so I watch and sip in silence.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
You just know there was a long and protracted argument about using they’re one of our own instead of he’s one of our own on the official austin anthem hymnal

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i dont know if i feel worse for phil foden or that poor ginger kid getting roped into that

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i for one am glad that a white man is telling muslim kids that its okay to go to a football match

seriously if that oval office got paid for that self-fellating horseshit

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Boy do i have the medicine for that :qq:er:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yE_aHtkOtrg

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
when the winter comes all the reverse vampires will die

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

latest fuckin cyberpunk patch got weird

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

CyberPingu posted:

So in this analysis is Werner Hilter? Tried to come and conquer Britain but ended up destroying his career (guess we will wait to see how his story ends)

nah man timos harald hadrada he immediately poo poo the bed at stamford bridge

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Bape Culture posted:

What’s the point if you can’t eat massive sandwich’s prepared by a gourmet rat frankly

big gonz pounds another cubano, gives a thumbs up

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
green and gold til ronaldo's in bold

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
A take as hot as ‘if you want england to beat italy you are in fact championing colonialism (just dont talk qbout ethiopia)’

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
goikoetxea attempted to break kolarov's ankle and after three agonising days *chuck norris joke here*

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
SEVENTEEN GRAMS OF PROTEIN

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
ronaldos gotta be burning that he couldnt find a milk crate to stand on

also lmao, isnt brady considered small in the nfl

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the many sunderland fans liking that tweet would presumably rather be in a car park watching adam johnson french a 15 year old through the windshield.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

august 2022 potm

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
where do you even begin

at least the ollie ollie ollie ollie giroud kid was a kid

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
the emi martineztablishment, make the background him loving the trophy in front of the sheikh

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

blue footed boobie posted:

Besides looking awful it seems like it would be really hot?

it's england my dude, it'll rust before it turns into an oven

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i have not thought about the manic street preachers in years

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Just found out Jonathan Liew's football comedy series got cancelled - seems reasonable

a part of me was morbidly curious what dialogue by him and ronay would sound like

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
best bit of skill 0.75 goals lmao

people desperately doing elasticos and rainbow flicks in their own box in the 95th minute

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
can someone clarify, that's a supposed football expert who assumed a player who played in blue and black in italy played for inter and demanded he be brought on in the final, or is it an AI just going mental

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,” cries liberty alex, “And I’ll teach them how to applaud themselves for dunking on thailand.”

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
did arsenal also sign the scouse boom-bust cycle?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
but they already have the lebron james of soccer???

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
when you think about it, lake superior is just a giant ice rink

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
i'd post the aquilani A HERO WILL RISE banner but imgur is cursed now so just pretend i did

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
any excuse to post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE_aHtkOtrg

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Chas McGill posted:

Just noticed India at left back for Democracy FC, wonder if they'd celebrate scoring or not

somebody already made the bowyer dyer joke upthread but india and canada next to each other yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
what can an AI be bribed with