Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم
topic: Agger and the libero role?

body: could this be a tactic that might work against some teams?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

quote:

Whilst we did some big deals there was also some smaller perhaps very important deals going on today as well. For more read here;
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/i-m-so-excited-to-be-a-red
The one I am most interested in is Bijev, due to the fact that he has already been loaned out to fortuna dusseldorf (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14365319.stm) and is already in the U-18 American side. As an American if he comes to fruition and plays for us and his country it could do wonders for our revenue. Obviously chances are low with all players that come through the football system but if he does become a star we may have signed a player that could create millions of dollars of revenue from the United States. Increasing our fanbase is the only way we can maintain pace with the worlds best clubs, and those this is a long shot it could help tremendously.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

SHUT

THE

gently caress

UP

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Big Tony loses the hat & glasses when he has to wade into the showers to headbutt a fat twat

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Transatlantic Gulp posted:

No its the fact hes terrified of being raped by gay bald men when he goes for a wee at half time? Also the first because its an utterly ridiculous analogy

Yeah I thought it was pretty obvious tbh

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Hmm

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

This thread has really simple rules, like literally pre-school level. Try to follow them.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

quote:

Pepe drinking coke during the game? Or is he throwing a bottle of the field?

:staredog:

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Yeah I've kind of had had a go at the mod staff over there, that entire thread is shocking and filled with some virulent racism.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

appledan posted:

dayummm thats some virulent poo poo :staredog:

To be fair the following 2+ pages were just people attacking that post & poster

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Odd that an establishment figure came out with that utter garbage as the establishment's cover up of what happened at Hillsborough is now finally being brought to light. I'm actually thrilled that he wrote that.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

I want to make a thread entitled "Salif Diao is..." because yeah

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

quote:

everything seems ok EXCEPT the huge liverbird. good effort but you should keep personal designs to yourself. you have to admit that huge background element is no where near any current trends. its seems our owners dig such grungy designs judging from the current summer look. very disappointed and sad. another era where i wont buy anything from the club.

I would like to say that the management have failed to be professional and cater to a global audience. they have not hired top designers and it speaks badly for the club. If they need any advice, they should look at barcelona and even man city and man united current kits. I think the common denominator is Nike designs. I am actually a big fan of our 80's addidas look. But design comes first and currently the clubs grungy and hoolilander looks are hedious and clearly someone's making dated design decisions based on their own egos and wimps.

I will hope one day when the club's merchandise is properly runned. till then, I can confidently say they are chasing away customers and have lost the opportunity to make huge money. they may pls people who dig such designs but they are the minority or dated fashion taste people. geometric designs and tribal graffiti are in. but noooo. we still dig that early 2000's look. neutrals must be looking at us like some backward club.

if you want to find the biggest twats on your clubs various discussion forums please locate any "kit/fashion experts"

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Keep in mind every single thing in that thread is a mock-up and he's just a massive twat

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

rats off to ya posted:

I hope that Andy Carroll never "graces" my team.

Yes, a team that is "graced" by John Terry.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

rats off to ya posted:

Hey he may be a terrible human but at least he performs on the pitch.

Hmm good point, I took the quotes to mean something else. It seems that it is in fact I that am the bad poster here. I'll have to go have a think about this.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

thehappyprince posted:

I'm not ashamed to say that that poem made me cry.

it really doesn't belong in this thread imo

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Xabi posted:

Source?

Are you doing some meta thing where you fill the bad post thread with bad discussion as a performance posting piece about bad posts? Because you should stop.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

c0burn posted:

Maybe I should look at some other teams forums and post some poo poo things because this is basically the rawk thread now

I've been wanting to say this for months. This thread exists so you can unearth weird/stupid/terrible posts on your particular club's various forums and then bring them back here and post them. Let's please all start doing that. Thanks.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

No, you're supposed to go for it on Arsenal boards, and everyone else is supposed to do it on their club's boards. Then paste what you find here so we can all laugh at it.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

I'm so loving confused right now

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

drat you guys have hit a goldmine of bad loving posts, yeah?

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

a bad poster yall posted:

Replies In response to the posts are off limits?

Take the boring sniping to the matchday threads or get banned, all of you

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahaha

I’ve written before in certain threads about the importance of zone 14 in the modern game. This is the area immediately outside the penalty area, as indicated on the diagram below.

The importance of operating ‘between the lines’ isn’t a secret in football, as players who operate in ‘the hole’ have been around for a long time, and their value well recognised. However, the tactical make-up of the best teams in the world over the last 10 years have been structured to maximise the effectiveness of zone 14 in attack, while providing the necessary defensive system to prevent opponents operating in this zone.

At Euro 2004, over 50% of all successful passes into the penalty area came from zone 14, and evidence from the Premier League in the middle of the last decade suggested that about 75% of goals were scored either directly from zone 14, or from a final pass played from this zone.

The 4-2-3-1 system (which can also look like, or be adapted to, a 4-4-1-1, 4-3-3, 4-5-1 or 4-2-2-2) has become the formation of choice for the tactically astute manager over the last decade, particularly in big games. There are a number of very good reasons for this:

1. Double pivot - two defensive midfielders to the layman. With possitionally aware midfielders, you can prevent the opposition operating in zone 5. (their zone 14). This allows a pressing team to control the most dangerous areas effectively, while still allowing the front 4 to work together and hunt in packs.

2. Progressive full backs - with a back 4 comprising of the CBs and CMs, the full backs are able to join attacks with confidence a mistake can be covered.

3. Multiple players are able to operate in zone 14 as width can be provided by the full-backs and added freedom to have runners ahead of the ball provided by the double pivot

My view is we are neglecting the importance of zone 14 both in attack and defence (zone 5).

Our opponents get a lot of time and space in this zone when they attack, particularly when Lucas and Spearing are missing. It often looks too easy for opponents to get good possession in this zone facing our goal (Campell dropped off and turned on the ball before shooting against the post for Sunderland's goal today).

In attack, we do not operate in this zone very effectively. We either build too much of our play down the wings or rarely have options ahead of the ball on the few occasions we do get good possession in zone 14.

As for our crossing, it is ineffective, not purely because of execution, but because of how we get the ball into crossing areas. It isn’t just about getting bodies into the box.

Research carried out looking at the style of play of successful teams at the highest level indicates that the best teams construct attacks in an outside-inside-outside fashion, where the ball is played wide as it enters the attacking third, whereas less successful teams play up the wings into the final third before crossing the ball.

If a ball is played wide late, it could go to either wing, which means the man who then crosses it is likely to have more time and space. It also means that the opposite full-back is less likely to be in position to cover the back post, and the centre backs less likely to be in position to clear the cross.

Van Persie’s first goal against us is a great example of how to work a crossing opportunity. Rosicky cuts into the centre of the pitch before spreading it wide into the final third to Sagna, who had space as Enrique had moved across to pick up Walcott’s run, while Downing tracks Rosicky as he carries the ball infield. (Incidentally, Walcott’s move off the right could be covered by a holding midfielder if we had a double pivot).

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

I feel like closing the thread, my god I can't breathe

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

TyChan posted:

You only saw that Zone 14 thread recently?

Yep, new to me as of 5 minutes ago

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

rats off to ya posted:

I want to murder everyone who read/edited this article before publishing it

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/blog/_/name/espnfcunited/id/32?cc=5901

ESPN FC United ffs...

This is disgustingly stupid

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

*endless rictus of death*

quote:

Can't sleep this looks like great news though. Pushes Gerrard forward and gives our midfield a playstation quality our passes on 'assisted', total control and domination.

Seriously can't wait to play United.

Just a centre forward now please?

'assisted'

why is it quoted?

total control

I can't

DOMINATION

There is now the one stat The Ray Parlour cares about and that is Domination. I should close this thread. look at the loving post. know that monsters lurk

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

go gently caress yourself please, also there's no way this person doesn't have reams of terrible fanfiction to go along with this

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Oh my god this is not what i read this thread for

Yeah me either, I saw 20 new posts and now I loving want to kill myself. Let's avoid fanfiction from now because I honestly can't take it.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Abu Dave posted:

i was hoping ot come into RAWK posts not more of this rafa poo poo

The idea is to post bad things from boards YOU FREQUENT, just a reminder for everyone

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Epic Futbol Memes

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

8raz posted:

It's really bad. Most of them aren't even football memes. Or epic. And the guy who runs it is begging for content.

Hmmm you've given me an idea, link me

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Chashley

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

@FootballFunnys

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

@banterlols

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Those shorts look really uncomfortable

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

Adulterous Hitler posted:

I didn't read the article, which is probably crap as well, but look at those images.

Where next for Wayne Rooney?

Just look at them :shepface:

Hahahaah the Bayern one holy poo poo

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

What does this have to do with football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004