Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mod sassinator posted:

It's been a long time since I financed a car but if I remember around 10% down and maybe even as low as 5% down was normal, with a 4-6% interest rate was what I saw. This was around 2006 and 2007 and I didn't have much credit history. Depending on the manufacturer and your credit score you can probably find some nice 0-1% financing deals. My parents bought a new VW and were ready to pay in full but got 0% financing for 5 years and are just going to invest what wasn't spent on the car up front.

In general I would put as much down as you can without stretching yourself or your savings. The faster you pay the car off the better.

$0 down and like 2% if you're not a clown with your credit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Colostomy Bag posted:

lol, bean counters figured cheaper to replace it all than have 10,000 lawsuits with people getting their fingers amputated.

Lol what’s this?

I’ve been window shopping a bit and I know slightly more than “lol expensive” but also that the s600 threads here aren’t exactly representational

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I've only driven Japanese (and some American) cars, and I've never been super huge on going to dealerships (nevermind when a whole apocalypse is happening) and going on test drives; however, I have a primal urge to test drive a Mercedes E wagon to see if it lives up to what the pictures are like.

Any advice for not embarrassing myself out of the gate with Mercedes dealership people?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Are there any blatant issues with the 2003 model year for the E320? One popped up locally and I haven't checked it out in person just yet.

E: didn’t realize it was a W211, also it was a bit of a bust. Interior was kind of a mess.

Phone fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 31, 2021