Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
And in other bad news, Manga UK is chickening out of releasing more Full Metal Alchimest: Brotherhood on Region B Blu-Ray because Volume 1 sold poorly leaving those 800 some faithful up the godamned creek.

Why they even bothered to release volume 2 is anyone's guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
All that needs is confirmation of English Subs and I'd buy that in an instant.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Certainly better than what BEI or Beez could do. We got Gundam Wing remastered but that's it. It was galling to get Outlaw Star after some 11 years after it's airing on CNX only to basically get VHS rips.

In related news Manga UK has hinted that the Madoka Magica Season Set is going to be a limited run (to be replaced with Singles) hinting that Aniplex tied their hands on it. This would have been good to know about three months ago when they announced they had the rights to the show.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 23, 2012

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
At this point Japan as an economic power might as well be Jupiter for all the sense they make.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Madman have stated that if they can not release Persona 4 BR with the Japanese Audio then they'll not bother. (Presumably they'll still release the DVD)

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Man, no wonder no-one wants to release Bluray's here though, apparently Madoka sold like 700 copies in the first two weeks. :smith:
That's their own drat fault as far as I'm concerned. Manga have trained consumers to never trust in a Blu Ray release as there's always this small off chance that they might not continue the series in the format.

In other words, Kaze should pay no heed to how well Madoka does except to give thier mule consolation as it's being bought up into Kaze operations and we finally have a company that comes close to not being utterly batshit insane in the UK.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

gently caress that, where's Turn-A? (Ideon is cool obviously though.)

While I will hate them forever for pulling this poo poo not once but multiple times, Madoka was the entire series in one box so unless people have been put off buying anything at all on bluray I don't know how much of an effect that would have had.
The Movies might have some play in it; "Oh no, I'm not buying the show on BR only to have the movies be on DVD only"

Or, like I said, people could have imported the Aniplex US Disks.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 1, 2012

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yep. Only good thing OVA 3 brought to the table was the Omake where Sasami had to do the Game Of Death thing, yellow jumpsuit and all.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Apparently Gurren Lagann is getting a BR release in Japan at the end of June, for ¥ 63,000.

£500 for an upresed show.

Shine on, Japan, you Crazy Diamond.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Paper Lion posted:

Too bad the only people you'd want re-touching that show with a 10 foot pole all went off to make an infinitely better anime studio so they wouldn't be the ones getting to fix it up for us.

Unless you really want the guys animating Medaka Box right now to do things to TTGL, in which case I don't really know what to tell you

The fact they didn't use Medaka Box to slap Shueisha right in the eyes for the utter bullshit they pull with Jump speaks volumes of Gainax these days.

So yeah, no. I really don't want Ganaix of 2013 going anywhere near TTGL except for giving the masters over to whatever Jhon Doe Media company they use for upressing.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

The Black Stones posted:

I've defended Aniplex in the past, but whelp. They just announced they're releasing a BD set here for that dumb OreImo show here. It's available on DVD for 45$, how much do they want for the Blu-Ray set?

$280. Because it's an import, you see! I think it's safe to say we're hosed on ever seeing Fate/Zero or Garden of Sinners here on BD at a non-insane price.

Well, that kinda destroys any hope I had for SAO.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Saying on Facebook that December is just a placeholder date because they've had to set the release date back a couple of weeks due to some sort of glitch and the real release date is most likely early October.

Box one had a video hiccup half way through Stray Dog Strut. Presumably they're holding back to prevent that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

SALT CURES HAM posted:

yeeeeeeeeeess :getin:
Gentlemen, we're going to the Olympics!

• Locked thread