Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005
That's a sweet deal for the U2311H. I wish I can cash out my 23" LG for it.

Congrats you lucky bastards. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

robo puppy posted:

I've been watching the Dell U2410's lately to see when they go on a good sale, and look! They're $110 off to make them $489 until Thursday the 27th. It looks like a nice replacement for my aging Dell 2005FPW.

There's also a nice coupon for the Dell U2410 from slickdeals: 10% off Dell-branded items at Dell EPP with coupon code: C70B$G36TSVVCH.

I wish I had monies for one. :(

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

Mofabio posted:

When are the new Dell LCD IPS displays coming out? I've been saving for a U2711, and I got my tax return Friday, and there's this coupon, but if I'm gonna feel like I was impatient in 3 months...

I believe the U2711 monitors are out already: Dell Ultrasharp Monitors.

But where's my 2411? :devil:

E: Somehow the U2007 (1600x1200) is also available. :niggly:

Mitsune fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 13, 2011

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005
They're moving towards LED? I hope those sources are true.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

The Dave posted:

I'm just wondering if I'm a joke if I get it for $548.00 versus waiting for a price reduction/promotion.

Dell just screwed around with the prices: Dell Ultrasharp Monitors.

Lowest I've seen that monitor was sub $500. If you call to order, you can try to ask haggle for a discount. They usually speak with some kind of manager and can get you an extra 5-15% off if you're nice. I should've bit the bullet at $450.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005
What was wrong with the U2410? I've been saving up all the money I can to pick one up next month. Throw out some input so I know what to be weary of.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005
I wish I could buy it off your hands. Let me know pricing (unless you're interested in a LG W2361VG monitor ;)). Shoot me a PM if you can.

Thanks for the heads up though. I used to own a Dell U1905. I then upgraded to a widescreen monitor. Colors definitely pops out much more now, but I should have upgraded towards a U2410 for all the inputs that monitor has to offer (PC/PS3 gaming + movie watching). Now I'm wondering if I should stick with this LG for a little while longer or bite the bullet on a U2410.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005
Dell has some pretty good discounts for their UltraSharp Monitors. So tempted to throw it on a credit card and pay it off next month.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005
So how good is the U2410 as a tv replacement for PS3/360 gaming? Is lag really that bad? Color accuracy?

It's been two months now and I'm itching to go back to the Ultrasharp series.

VVVVV

Edit:

Sweeeet. Thanks for the heads up! I love my plasma, but 1280x768 resolution have been giving my some oddball, cut-off screens, results with the PS3 and my MacBook. Also, the real estate of 1920x1200 sounds very enticing.

Mitsune fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 4, 2011

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005
Has anyone checked out the Dell ST2220T?

I might recommend it for a friend (portable, 1080p... IPS?)

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

Factory Factory posted:

TN and IPS explanation.

I know there's a lot of info in the OP, but this should be up there too. I'm going to copy/paste this whenever friends asks about TN panels from Newegg and the Ultrasharp series from Dell.

Thanks for the general run-down. ;)

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005
This is the cheapest I've ever seen the U2410 on Dell's website. You've all been warned! :aaa:

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005
My Dell U2410 came in last night. This sucker is huuuge compared to my LG 23" monitor. :woop:

Any recommended Brightness/Contrast ratios? I think I'm going to go blind even at 30/50.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

BossTweed posted:

What's a good price for a U2311H? They are currently $279 with free shipping and I'm thinking of buying two. If I only really need one, should I get one now and wait for a cheaper price to buy the other?

Also, I saw some people mention that you can talk to the live chat sales rep and ask for a lower price/discount. Any tips on how to do that?

Call in and ask for a sales rep for Dell Accessories: Ultrasharp Monitors. Last week I spoke with an awesome guy who brought down the U2410 down an extra $40 (in addition with the special sales price) after speaking with his supervisor.

Subtotal: $449.00
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Tax: $34.80
Environmental Disposal Fee: $8.00 -- California :argh:
Total Price w/Discounts: $491.80

You just have to be nice to them on the phone. Let me know if you want me to shoot you a PM with his direct email.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

frailimbnursry posted:

What have the sales been like for the U2410? Right now it's selling for $120 off at $479.00. I'm not in any rush to get a monitor this instant but I wanted to know what the best sale price has been for it historically so I know what to be on the lookout for.

The lowest I've ever seen the U2410 is $425 on Dell's website. It did not last long.

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

Daddy Fantastic posted:

Has anyone used a mini displayport -> displayport cable that works reliably between a Mac and a Dell monitor? I bought the monoprice one to go between my MacBook Pro and my new Dell U2412, and I have to unplug it five or six times before it will actually recognize the display. Maybe I should just get a mini displayport -> DVI cable?

I'm actually having a problem with my '08 unibody MB recognizing my U2410 with the Lion update + minidvi -> dvi.

No problems whatsoever with the same cable + Snow Leopard, and yet I can't get the MB to recognize the U2410 in clampshell mode + Lion. :(

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

N256 posted:

I have a friend who got motion-sick from an FPS game and it turned out changing the FOV fixed him.

Can you expand on this?

I beat Max Payne 3 (PC) last night and I don't know if it was the monitor (Dell U2410) or the game that brought forth mild motion sickness (I usually game on an old Pioneer plasma & PS3).

E: Same nausea also occurs from Crysis 1 & 2.

Mitsune fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 13, 2012

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So I got tired of looking for a decent 3440x1440 picture of the B-1B for my desktop and just found four super-huge images and pared/cropped them down myself.

I'm having a hard time trying to find 3440x1440 native wallpapers for my Asus PG348Q. I love this screen space, but can't find too many quality wallpapers that hasn't either been modified or stretched out. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitsune
Jun 24, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

I got the MSI Optix yesterday and I am very happy with it...although basically anything would have been an upgrade to my 2012 Samsung, heh.

How’s MSI?

I took a gamble ordering one of their monitors this past weekend. I have no experience with MSI and I’m hoping I didn’t just make a huge mistake.