Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Is there a post anyone can point me at for the recommended mods to install before playing?

(don't give me the 'your first playthrough should be unmodded' poo poo, I can't believe I started playing FO3 without fellout/more where that came from/etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
One additional question: do the mods for FONV mess with unlocking steam achievements? I'm kind of an achievement hound and I'd hate to screw myself out of them.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
How useful is this?

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=38326

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
What are the best recommended hideout mods?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi posted:

What are the best recommended hideout mods?

Anyone? My question got missed, it looks like.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I want to say one of the PN options lets you hide the compass?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
What's the recommended autosave mod, if any?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Fat_Cow posted:

So I grabbed the more perks mod, and took Destiny Gambler as my first perk. The text file just says random events happen during combat, does anyone have some examples of it?

You shouldn't've, it's really bad and buggy.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Destiny Gambler is actually one of the perks from More Perks that usually works as advertised.

The two times it triggered I ended up with an invisible minigun sound permanently attached to a point somewhere in the vicinity of jean's skydiving and a missing corpse in front of the primm sheriff's office.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2Wov3xawyE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

BurritoJustice posted:

I'm a bit behind on gamebryo mod drama, what's so terrible about the maker of ENB?
He's an incredibly racist and homophobic fuckhead, in short